5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

7 hours ago, ryoder said:

The Georgia indictment:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23909564-criminal-indictment

Some names on there I never heard before.

Trump must really think this one is serious - he appears to have chosen a defence lawyer on the basis of competency instead of sycophancy!

Drew Findling, 64, has represented Cardi B, Migos and Gucci Mane in court, and now he is adding Donald Trump to his list of clients.

His politics don’t align with Trump's - Findling once called the former president "racist" and "pathetic" on social media. But Findling says his professional life is separate from his personal tweets.

“We do not choose or exclude our clients based on their political beliefs,” he told VICE News.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Trump must really think this one is serious - he appears to have chosen a defence lawyer on the basis of competency instead of sycophancy!

Drew Findling, 64, has represented Cardi B, Migos and Gucci Mane in court, and now he is adding Donald Trump to his list of clients.

His politics don’t align with Trump's - Findling once called the former president "racist" and "pathetic" on social media. But Findling says his professional life is separate from his personal tweets.

“We do not choose or exclude our clients based on their political beliefs,” he told VICE News.

Hi Jakee,

Since Sydney Powell is on the list, I'm thinking he could have gotten her for less money.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  How sweet it is.

I LOVE this one.  Lindsey Graham had this to say about the criminal charges filed against Trump for trying to mess with an election:

“This should be decided at the ballot box, not in a bunch of liberal jurisdictions trying to put the man in jail.”

. . . and Trump should apparently be allowed to stuff that ballot box.  Not a lot.  Just 11,780 votes.

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

I LOVE this one.  Lindsey Graham had this to say about the criminal charges filed against Trump for trying to mess with an election:

“This should be decided at the ballot box, not in a bunch of liberal jurisdictions trying to put the man in jail.”

. . . and Trump should apparently be allowed to stuff that ballot box.  Not a lot.  Just 11,780 votes.

To be fair, he did get at least 12 votes yesterday.

• Like 3

Hi folks,

Here we go again:  If our party is talking about 2020, we’re going to lose

Republicans brace for the Trump legal show: 'If our party is talking about 2020, we’re going to lose’ - POLITICO

Trump says that he will [ once again ] challenge the outcome of the 2020 election.

So, how many times did he lose in court trying it before?

Hell, I hope that is what he campaigns on; it worked so great the last time.

Jan 6th 2.0?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I seem to remember something about beating dead horses.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

To be fair, he did get at least 12 votes yesterday.

OK, I have found that the grand jury had 23 members + 3 alternates.

What I have not found is if the decision must be unanimous, or if only a majority is needed.

Anyone know?

39 minutes ago, ryoder said:

OK, I have found that the grand jury had 23 members + 3 alternates.

What I have not found is if the decision must be unanimous, or if only a majority is needed.

Anyone know?

Only a majority. 12 votes are required for a true bill. Only 16 out of the 23 need to be present. In Georgia the names of the grand jurors is made public. The crossed out names were not present for the vote.

Interesting.

So I guess his strategy will have to be 1) get elected president, 2) install loyalists on the Georgia State Board of Pardons and then 3) get Meadows (and himself) pardoned for that state's convictions.

It will be interesting to see how the trials go.  He is now uo to 91 felony indictments (not 100, I miscounted before, but in my defense there are so many) so even if he beats 99% of his indictments, he becomes a felon.  I suspect his only hope now is to delay all the trials enough so he can win the election before the final decisions are handed down.

23 minutes ago, billvon said:

Interesting.

So I guess his strategy will have to be 1) get elected president, 2) install loyalists on the Georgia State Board of Pardons and then 3) get Meadows (and himself) pardoned for that state's convictions.

It will be interesting to see how the trials go.  He is now uo to 91 felony indictments (not 100, I miscounted before, but in my defense there are so many) so even if he beats 99% of his indictments, he becomes a felon.  I suspect his only hope now is to delay all the trials enough so he can win the election before the final decisions are handed down.

Yep, and it can not be counted out. You're good and you and Amy also, probably, have an umbrella for you kids, T & I are good, and from what I can tell most of the liberal types here are also good. Same with most of the liberal types we know who are older than 50. But the way things will be for our friends who don't fit into the conservative world view is a very sad contemplation.

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Beauty.

Meanwhile Trump’s Save America PAC raised over $15 million in the first half of 2023, spent over $30 million and now has about $3.6 million

That giant sucking sound isn't air being pulled into a low pressure system. Its money being pulled out of the pockets of small republican donors trying to save their messiah.

Brent, Slim,  trump needs your help are you stepping up?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Georgia will add to Giuliani's financial woes:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/politics/giuliani-money-lawsuits-trump/index.html

27 minutes ago, billvon said:

Fortunately, the Four Seasons Georgia correctional facility will not charge him for his stay.

Good thing. From that story: "When the FBI seized several of his cell phones in April 2021 in a now-closed investigation, much of Giuliani’s electronic records were held on a database operated by a company called Trustpoint.One. But they were archived, and running searches on files the company held for more recent litigation isn’t cheap. Even  hosting his records with the company costs $20,000 a month, according to a recent court filing. ...By May, Giuliani was more than $320,000 behind in payments to the document hosting company, according to a sworn statement he made in court. “I do not have the funds to pay this amount at this time,” he wrote. "

Like WTF. I need to invest in cloud companies.