5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

Trump in court on Thursday: "I promise not to intimidate any witnesses"

Trump on Truth Social on Friday: "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

I don't suppose we could have expected anything different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Trump in court on Thursday: "I promise not to intimidate any witnesses"

Trump on Truth Social on Friday: "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

I don't suppose we could have expected anything different.

I think you’re being too judgmental….he may have just been challenging them to a fun game of ‘Tag’

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

That's it!

Those lefties just don't understand his sense of humor. :-(

I know you are being at least sort of silly, but you are absolutely correct.

Most people don't understand his 'sense of humor' because he really doesn't have one.

I saw this a while back, and it's as true today as it was over 4 years ago.

And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Source: Best Description of Trump I've Read
https://thehobbledehoy.com/2019/03/08/british-writer-pens-the-best-description-of-trump-ive-read/

11 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Most people don't understand his 'sense of humor' because he really doesn't have one.

Exactly.

Which it is so pathetic when Trump cultists are confronted with one the the many idiotic statements he has made, and their only defense they have is "Oh, he was joking". I've seen this many times in Jordan Klepper interviews.

11 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Exactly.

Which it is so pathetic when Trump cultists are confronted with one the the many idiotic statements he has made, and their only defense they have is "Oh, he was joking". I've seen this many times in Jordan Klepper interviews.

Well, to be at least sort of fair, as I quoted above, – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

And his idiot cult members eat it up. And echo it.

You know, sort of like these two:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS910US910&sxsrf=AB5stBgySjlFixe2lGoS0FZ49i5r2B1LQQ:1691255923672&q=Beavis+and+butthead+lame+insults&tbm=vid&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj127ekg8aAAxVshYkEHRI-A0gQ0pQJegQICRAB&biw=1536&bih=754&dpr=1.25#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:c092a86c,vid:eFl5kCUuIWM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I know you are being at least sort of silly, but you are absolutely correct.

I saw this a while back, and it's as true today as it was over 4 years ago.

Source: Best Description of Trump I've Read
https://thehobbledehoy.com/2019/03/08/british-writer-pens-the-best-description-of-trump-ive-read/

Hi Joe,

The crux of your link:  

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

Putin, anyone?

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

The crux of your link:  

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

Putin, anyone?

Jerry Baumchen

Oh hell yeah.

Watching him kowtow to Putler in Iceland a few years ago was disgusting.

Even more pathetic was the 'tough guy' he pretended to be afterwards.

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Things getting ever more interesting.  I wonder how the judge will react.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/05/1192336975/doj-asks-judge-issue-protective-order-after-trump-post

Hi John,

As I continue to say:  He is his own worst enemy.

IMO that is a good thing for the rest of us.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

“THERE IS NO WAY I CAN GET A FAIR TRIAL WITH THE JUDGE ‘ASSIGNED’ TO THE REDICULOUS FREEDOM OF SPEECH/FAIR ELECTIONS CASE. EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS, AND SO DOES SHE,”;

D.T on "Truth Social" 6 August 2023

Awwww....is the man-baby throwing a tantrum because the judge won't play along with his usual delay tactics?

45 minutes ago, kallend said:

“THERE IS NO WAY I CAN GET A FAIR TRIAL WITH THE JUDGE ‘ASSIGNED’ TO THE REDICULOUS FREEDOM OF SPEECH/FAIR ELECTIONS CASE. EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS, AND SO DOES SHE,”;

D.T on "Truth Social" 6 August 2023

Hi John,

I had an uncle that once said, 'Some people would complain if they hung them with a new rope.'

He will probably complain that the new orange jumpsuit does not go with his hair.

Jerry Baumchen

On 8/3/2023 at 6:25 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Tanya,

Being quite a bit older than you, I am just not a podcast type of person.  If there is a transcript, I would like to read it.

Re:  It's scary how much we collectively have forgotten

I am consistently astounded by this.  However, as George Santana said:  Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Jerry Baumchen

It's a 6-part series, I'm afraid (maybe 8-part?).  But, I do believe you would enjoy listening to it if you find it.  It incorporates archival recordings of public statements that almost perfectly mirror sound bites we have today.  Go to the MSNBC web page and do a search for her name or the name of the series.  I haven't checked, but I do suppose it's possible they have the transcript you -- I just think the historical recordings really make the reporting so much more poignant.