brenthutch

D is for....

Deceit:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/sidney-powell-spider-spyder-witness/2020/12/11/0cd567e6-3b2a-11eb-98c4-25dc9f4987e8_story.html

Sidney Powell’s secret ‘military intelligence expert,’ a key to Trump's fraud claims in election lawsuits, never worked in military intelligence as was claimed.  He spent most of his army career as a vehicle mechanic.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Deceit:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/sidney-powell-spider-spyder-witness/2020/12/11/0cd567e6-3b2a-11eb-98c4-25dc9f4987e8_story.html

Sidney Powell’s secret ‘military intelligence expert,’ a key to Trump's fraud claims in election lawsuits, never worked in military intelligence as was claimed.  He spent most of his army career as a vehicle mechanic.

Later it will turn out that he was a male prostitute and has been in jail for sexual assault.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I should have been more clear, how many of the first three contests did Biden win, and how many other Democrat candidates have won their nomination after loosing their first three contests?

I don't know. How many have won after losing any 3 states? 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I should have been more clear, how many of the first three contests did Biden win, and how many other Democrat candidates have won their nomination after loosing their first three contests?

Son of a bitch! That's how he did it. He won by being first. Give yourself an extra cookie.

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Does the answer somehow lead to which person is directing all these candidates to back out when, according to you, they have a clear chance of winning?

And what is the reasoning for this mystical, magical person to want a worse candidate for President against the GOP?

Is the DNC directed by the GOP Deep State? 

The worst President of the United States was defeated by one of the weakest candidates ever. God bless America. 

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Of course he beat Trump, the only person on that planet that couldn’t beat Trump was HRC.

Seems you forgot about:

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Mike Huckabee

Lindsay Graham

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

Carly Fiorina

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Of course he beat Trump, the only person on that planet that couldn’t beat Trump was HRC.

So you're saying the DNC rigged their own primaries to choose Clinton because they wanted her to be President even though she obviously wouldn't win, then rigged their primares to choose Biden because they didn't want him to win, even though he obviously would?

Edited by jakee

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Seems you forgot about:

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Mike Huckabee

Lindsay Graham

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

Carly Fiorina

I was pretty sure you would pick on the implication that it was the presidential contest I was referring to, obviously I over estimated you.

On 12/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, kallend said:

What a lame response.

Fits right in with the LOSER you support.

I never supported Trump, I support deregulation, secure boarders, lower taxes, individual freedom and responsibilities.  In that regard, given the Republican victories in the House and State legislatures and governors mansions, I would say I supported the winners. If the Rs win just one Senate seat in GA, I will be very pleased with the outcome of the election.  The orange clown will be gone and with a Republican Senate and a conservative SC Biden will have as much power as he does intellect.

Edited by brenthutch

44 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I never supported Trump, I support deregulation, secure boarders, lower taxes, individual freedom and responsibilities.  In that regard, given the Republican victories in the House and State legislatures and governors mansions, I would say I supported the winners. If the Rs win just one Senate seat in GA, I will be very pleased with the outcome of the election.  The orange clown will be gone and with a Republican Senate and a conservative SC Biden will have as much power as he does intellect.

But you did vote fo him, right?

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

But you did vote fo him, right?

I tried, I really tried, but when it came down to it, I thought about my daughter and had to go with the cartoon rodent once more.  (Then Rs for the rest of the ticket)

Ironically, Trump’s success with SC appointments made it easier to not vote for him.

Edited by brenthutch

39 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I tried, I really tried, but when it came down to it, I thought about my daughter and had to go with the cartoon rodent once more.  (Then Rs for the rest of the ticket)

Ironically, Trump’s success with SC appointments made it easier to not vote for him.

I can sort of see the point. No matter, I'm setting aside the decent bottle of wine I was intending to swill with you and putting aside a better one.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brenthutch said:

And for that you got one of the worst economic results in modern history.

12 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

And for that you got one of the worst economic results in modern history.

These results?

Donald Trump: As of the end of FY 2020, the debt was $26.9 trillion. Trump added $6.7 trillion to the debt since Obama's last budget, a 33.1% increase,

In his FY 2021 budget, Trump's budget includes a $1.566 trillion deficit, representing a projected 5.8% increase over 2020.10

In addition these debts are not included in that total:

At the close of its 2019 fiscal year, the federal government had accrued roughly:

• $10.1 trillion ($10,084,000,000,000) in liabilities that are not accounted for in its publicly held national debt, such as federal employee retirement benefits, accounts payable, and environmental/disposal liabilities.[22]
  • $35.2 trillion ($35,205,000,000,000) in unfunded obligations for current Social Security participants.[23] [24] [25]
  • $42.3 trillion ($42,300,000,000,000) in unfunded obligations for current Medicare participants.[26] [27]

D is for.... DOCTOR

A word used for over 2,000 years to mean "teacher".  The first use in 'modern' western culture was in the 12th Century and was used in the medieval universities (Bologna, Pisa, Paris, Oxford, ...) to denote people qualified to teach candidates for masters' degrees.

The word was appropriated in the 19th Century by the medical profession, anxious to rid itself of the image of barber shop surgery and leeches for bleeding.  An even later appropriation was by the legal profession with the JD degree, created in 1902.

9 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

These results?

Donald Trump: As of the end of FY 2020, the debt was $26.9 trillion. Trump added $6.7 trillion to the debt since Obama's last budget, a 33.1% increase,

In his FY 2021 budget, Trump's budget includes a $1.566 trillion deficit, representing a projected 5.8% increase over 2020.10

In addition these debts are not included in that total:

At the close of its 2019 fiscal year, the federal government had accrued roughly:

• $10.1 trillion ($10,084,000,000,000) in liabilities that are not accounted for in its publicly held national debt, such as federal employee retirement benefits, accounts payable, and environmental/disposal liabilities.[22]
  • $35.2 trillion ($35,205,000,000,000) in unfunded obligations for current Social Security participants.[23] [24] [25]
  • $42.3 trillion ($42,300,000,000,000) in unfunded obligations for current Medicare participants.[26] [27]

Brent doesn’t care about the country’s deficit.

If he’s made more money under Trump (and IIRC he stated he has) then Trump is a good thing from his perspective.  And from an unbelievably selfish and short sighted viewpoint he’s right. If you’re ok with ‘don’t care about everyone else but I got mine’ then it makes perfect sense. 

I’m actually more interested if he or airdvr would vote for Trump in 2024, if everything else was the same. Same Biden / Harris ticket, (ignoring both Biden’s AND Trumps aging), same party policies etc.

I was hoping that watching Trump deliberately and systematically try and dismantle democracy would change some viewpoints, but I really don’t think it has and that’s the bit that shocks me. The acceptance of ‘my party must win at whatever cost’ attitude is now the norm.

Ron’s right, you know. We ARE at war. This country is so divided not only in political ideals but even moral ones that there’s little chance for reconciliation in the short term. As long as one team nominally abides by the rules while the other can flagrantly cheat then there’s no equality. No fairness. And that fosters resentment on both sides.

Democracy and society itself only works if we all agree to abide by a set of rules that govern all of us. 
Yes - those .001% in power have always flaunted that idea, but now we’re seeing massive percentages of the population that are OK with a deposed president trying to overturn an election result. Because ‘My Team First’.

We’re going to be in a dark place for a while yet.

7 hours ago, yoink said:

Ron’s right, you know. We ARE at war. This country is so divided not only in political ideals but even moral ones that there’s little chance for reconciliation in the short term. As long as one team nominally abides by the rules while the other can flagrantly cheat then there’s no equality. No fairness. And that fosters resentment on both sides.

And as long as the information sources are so divergent, then it's not likely to improve much. Currently a lot of Trumpeters really, honestly, believe that the election was stolen just as the Venezuela election was stolen, and that Trump is like Guaido.

A couple of problems with this view:

1. the rules for the election haven't changed. The process changed in that more people voted by mail, but people have always voted by mail
  2. there aren't a lot of other countries who "officially recognize" Trump as still being president.

Wendy P.

9 hours ago, yoink said:

... This country is so divided not only in political ideals but even moral ones that there’s little chance for reconciliation in the short term. As long as one team nominally abides by the rules while the other can flagrantly cheat then there’s no equality. No fairness. And that fosters resentment on both sides....

We’re going to be in a dark place for a while yet.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

And as long as the information sources are so divergent, then it's not likely to improve much. Currently a lot of Trumpeters really, honestly, believe that the election was stolen just as the Venezuela election was stolen, and that Trump is like Guaido....

Wendy P.

Sooner or later the absence of the pulpit of the presidency will degrade trump's message. The absence of trump-Miller presidential directives feeding the worst of their ideology. Will cause a backbone to form in the GOP. The trump PAC cash fund doesn't help. But C-19 has a vaccine. trump is out January 20. So celebrate a 2021.

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:
  1. the rules for the election haven't changed. The process changed in that more people voted by mail, but people have always voted by mail

Saw someone on Parler the other day (that bastion of conservative non-free-speech) stating that it was suspicious that no one in the US had voted by mail before and now suddenly everyone was doing it and Biden won.

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

2. there aren't a lot of other countries who "officially recognize" Trump as still being president.

Not meaning to nit pick here, but I think the vast majority of countries officially recognize Trump as still being president. Come Jan 20, though.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Saw someone on Parler the other day (that bastion of conservative non-free-speech) stating that it was suspicious that no one in the US had voted by mail before and now suddenly everyone was doing it and Biden won.

spacer.png

Parler is likely a petri dish for future psy studies of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Edited by Phil1111