brenthutch

D is for....

16 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

IMO Joe Biden is far sharper than Reagan was when he was voted into office.

Jerry Baumchen

I disagree, while Reagan did exhibit cognitive decline in his last term, he never confused his wife for his daughter or was unaware of what office he was running for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wlQZ5N_2k

as opposed to,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA7sP47e8tA

Edited by brenthutch

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I disagree, while Reagan did exhibit cognitive decline in his last term, he never confused his wife for his daughter or was unaware of what office he was running for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wlQZ5N_2k

Hi Brent,

Re:  'I disagree'

And, I stand by my post.

Re:  'Reagan did exhibit cognitive decline in his last term'

One of the best understatements of 2020.

Jerry Baumchen

7 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Well, Biden was running against Trump. Not a high bar.
Do I wish they’d put someone else up? Yeah. But it’d have been even better if the Republicans had, too. 

Wendy P. 

I really think that, given the state of the economy and the pre-covid political environment, that other viable candidates were told to stand down and keep their future political prospects in tact. While Biden was put forth as a sacrificial cow.  Just like the classic “The Mouse That Roared” Biden was never supposed to win but he did.

18 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

And, I stand by my post.

Jerry Baumchen

Even your hero Barry didn't like Joe...painfully obvious.

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I really think that, given the state of the economy and the pre-covid political environment, that other viable candidates were told to stand down and keep their future political prospects in tact. While Biden was put forth as a sacrificial cow.  Just like the classic “The Mouse That Roared” Biden was never supposed to win but he did.

And who is it that "told them"?

19 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Brent,

And, I stand by my post.

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry, let me ask you this, was the country better off in 1980 or in 1988?  JUST KIDDING! It was a rhetorical question, the answer is self evident.

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

And who is it that "told them"?

Good point.  Biden was traveling along the well trod road to the White House, by being a two time loser in previous democratic primaries. On this go round,  he would loose Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada, only to win a small state in the former Confederacy, followed by abdication of all other candidates. Yup, makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

You asked the question.  I'm simply pointing out a possibility.  They certainly reigned in Bernie.

But you are not. The answer to "who" is generally not "they". Which person, name some names. Who do you think is pulling these strings? Who do you think is so powerful to be able to tell all candidates to stand down and put forward Joe Biden as the lone, almost puppet?

And either how stupid are all Americans, or conversely how incredibly bad is Trump, that Biden then goes on to get more votes than any other presidential candidate?

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Good point.  Biden was traveling along the well trod road to the White House, by being a two time loser in previous democratic primaries. On this go round,  he would loose Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada, only to win a small state in the former Confederacy, followed by abdication of all other candidates. Yup, makes perfect sense.

So who? Simple question. You are throwing this theory out there about some powerful person pulling all the strings and directing all this. Who is this mystical, magical creature in the dark?

You guys keep blaming "fake news", but when very simple questions regarding grand theories cannot be answered by the person espousing these grand theories, I don't think journalism is the problem.

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

So who? Simple question. You are throwing this theory out there about some powerful person pulling all the strings and directing all this. Who is this mystical, magical creature in the dark?

You guys keep blaming "fake news", but when very simple questions regarding grand theories cannot be answered by the person espousing these grand theories, I don't think journalism is the problem.

OK...the DNC.  I have zero proof of that.  The answer to a "who" question can be a "they".

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

OK...the DNC.  I have zero proof of that.  The answer to a "who" question can be a "they".

Of course you have zero proof. Tell you what, why not wait until you are history before arguing from the position. You won't have a long wait, that's certain.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I just thought it was curious, that after Mayor Pete  beat Biden in the first three contests, after loosing one in a small state in the former Confederacy, he “saw no path forward for his candidacy”. AKA, things that make one say hmmm.

What first three contests? Buttegieg won exactly one primary, with a very, very small margin. I think other than that only in New Hampshire did Buttegieg get more votes than Biden.

results are here

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The link is there. I am making a general assumption you are able to count, if you need help, let me know.

I should have been more clear, how many of the first three contests did Biden win, and how many other Democrat candidates have won their nomination after loosing their first three contests?