3 3
timski

THE Vaccine

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Wife is on the COVID task force for her pharmaceutical company.  Close enough for you?

You should ask her if they would start production if they thought the FDA would not approve their product. Then you should ask yourself if Operation Warpspeed guaranteed vaccine approvals. Then you should read your posts again.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Certainly. Now it remains to see what they got the money for:

But then you say:

Which is it?

Both, they received indirect $$$ via third parties for development and direct $$$ for production 

Edited by brenthutch

Just now, brenthutch said:

You are correct Caption Pedantic, someone with firsthand knowledge told me.

That's a world of difference, and you are a liar. Why should we believe you now? Maybe your wife really does have the position you say, but I'm sure you're either (1) exaggerating how close she is to the information you're reporting, (2) exaggerating your own knowledge of this information, or (3) just saying whatever bullshit you want and using her as a blanket, unverifiable reference.

Everything you've said so far has been shown to be false by actual verifiable references. So I lean toward #3.

In lighter news, just about the dumbest anti-vaxxer statement ever (stiff competition I know) has been posted.

Riccardo Ricco, a committed doper from the Lance Armstrong era, and man who once almost died from self transfusing a bag of spoiled blood that had been in his fridge for too long (yes, this is absolutely true) has had a sudden reversal from his cavalier attitude to medicine, stating 

"I have read many people that say that the vaccine must be obligatory!!!! Are we joking!!! 

I do what I want with my body. Nobody can make me do something that if it were to have a negative effect on my body, I would be the only one that would lose. 

So: You can get injected with who knows what shit too, but don’t fuck [over] people like me that have been well informed (by doctor friends) and that are not going to take a damn vaccine. 

Over and out.”

Very amusing article here: https://cyclingtips.com/2021/01/riccardo-ricco-doesnt-want-to-be-injected-with-who-knows-what/ 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Then read the contract again.

I'm wasting my time here.

Ok, Pfizer never got a dime of government money and the created the vaccine out of the goodness of their heart, never receiving either directly or indirectly a single penny from the US Federal Government. Better?

My original point STILL STANDS!  Pharmaceutical companies did not wait for approval before beginning production and operation.  Why do you have a problem with that?

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/explaining-operation-warp-speed/index.html

Edited by brenthutch

On a much lighter note, there is a schematic going around that claims to be for the "5G Chip" that will be implanted when the vaccine is injected.

It's a little bit suspicious because I've never seen a 'tracking device' with bass, treble, mid and volume controls. Also, why would it need a 'foot switch' if it's inside your body?

Oh, probably because it's really the schematic for a distortion pedal for a guitar.

And these morons wonder why we think they're stupid.
https://au.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/conspiracy-theorists-guitar-pedal-covid-vaccine-chip-21555/

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Pharmaceutical companies did not wait for approval before beginning production and operation.  Why do you have a problem with that?

Because:

1. the US isn't the only country in the world, and several governments (specifically, in Europe) already started similar initiatives before Operation Warp Speed started - the UK government ordered millions of doses for the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine before Trump announced Operation Warp Speed
  2. Pfizer isn't exactly struggling financially, they did have the capability to begin production and operation even without Operation Warp Speed (and just going by the millions of orders they have from European countries), so Trump taking full credit for the ramp up is dishonest;
  3. it really isn't Trump's idea, because the need for it was bloody fucking obvious

12 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Because:

1. the US isn't the only country in the world, and several governments (specifically, in Europe) already started similar initiatives before Operation Warp Speed started - the UK government ordered millions of doses for the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine before Trump announced Operation Warp Speed
  2. Pfizer isn't exactly struggling financially, they did have the capability to begin production and operation even without Operation Warp Speed (and just going by the millions of orders they have from European countries), so Trump taking full credit for the ramp up is dishonest;
  3. it really isn't Trump's idea, because the need for it was bloody fucking obvious

1.  I never claimed said the US was the only country with such an initiative.

2.  I never said Pfizer didn’t have the capacity.

3.  I don’t recall giving credit to Trump 

My post was in response to:

“so imagine if we would have just skipped the testing and just started production right away. we would have already made tens of millions of doeses by now and who knows how many tens of thousands of lives would have been saved. but what do i know. i guess I was right by sole chance, right?”

All I said was we were producing the vaccines while testing was going on and that was part of what operation Warp Speed was about.  I never said it was the sole initiative.

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

All I said was we were producing the vaccines while testing was going on and that was part of what operation Warp Speed was about.  I never said it was the sole initiative.

Then I apologise, I shouldn't have gotten annoyed then. I was reading too much into your arguments.

If I recall correctly one of the forum guys here is working on setting up additional production facilities for the vaccine. But despite the production being set up ahead of time, it appears that some other bottlenecks are appearing - first is cold storage for the Pfizer vaccine, but more critical seems to be the Quality Assurance procedure is slowing down the vaccine release. I.e - the vaccine is produced, then a lab checks it for quality and checks the documentation, then it's bottled and distributed.

It doesn't help that there's also a glass vial shortage globally, too.

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yes part of Operation Warp Speed was to allow Pharma to de-risk the manufacturing by accepting financial contributions from the US.

As has been pointed out a few times now, Pfizer wasn't part of that. You then went on to say that being paid for vaccines was the same as de-risking production by accepting payment prior to delivery. You then either through ignorance, or malice stated Pfizer cashed a $1.95 billion cheque in July as part of Warp Speed.

Not sure I can make it any simpler other than just saying you were wrong.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes part of Operation Warp Speed was to allow Pharma to de-risk the manufacturing by accepting financial contributions from the US.

As has been pointed out a few times now, Pfizer wasn't part of that. You then went on to say that being paid for vaccines was the same as de-risking production by accepting payment prior to delivery. 

No I said Pfizer got federal money...full stop.  They did.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No I said Pfizer got federal money...full stop.  They did.

I'm being pedantic but - they will, not did.

Purchase orders are usually payable 30-90 days after the goods are delivered.

EDIT: I actually checked the contract, the US Government will pay the invoices within 30 days of receipt.

EDIT 2: relevant section is section 5.0 "Milestone Payment Schedule".

Edited by olofscience

13 minutes ago, olofscience said:

EDIT: I actually checked the contract, the US Government will pay the invoices within 30 days of receipt.

Fair enough, I concede the point.

(edited)
46 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Hi olof,

Re:  'I actually checked the contract, the US Government will pay the invoices within 30 days of receipt.'

As I have mentioned, I spent 30 yrs working in US gov't. contracting.  This act ( I know longer remember the name of it* ) went into effect about 30-35 yrs ago.  This was because the US gov't. was historically late in paying invoices.  Now, if a properly submitted invoice is not paid in the 30-day period, interest begins to accrue.  And, I can you, from personal experience, those federal auditors do not like that at all.

Jerry Baumchen

*  The Quick Pay Act or something like that.

Edited by JerryBaumchen

2 hours ago, billvon said:

By BH's standards, I was the person who made sure Tesla would be a success.

WELL - if you're going by those standards I am responsible for the Space Shuttle main engines never failing, for the Navy's armor piercing warheads working, and for the safety and effectiveness of our nuclear weapons.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

WELL - if you're going by those standards I am responsible for the Space Shuttle main engines never failing, for the Navy's armor piercing warheads working, and for the safety and effectiveness of our nuclear weapons.

I thought an SSME failed on STS-51.