1 1
Phil1111

President Putin Put a Bounty on US Troops

While President trump said nothing, did nothing and has know about it for almost a year. "Citing U.S. officials briefed on the intelligence, the Times reports that Russia last year offered and paid money to Taliban militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan, noting that 20 U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2019"

Yet US citizens who have served in the military continue to support trump and even to vote for him.

trump went on to say "On Thursday, during a speech at a Wisconsin shipyard, Trump said the "toughest nation to deal with" wasn't China, Russia or North Korea, but "Democrats in the USA." "They’re much more unreasonable and actually, they’re a little crazy.”

6 times Trump has sided with a foreign country over the U.S. government

Trump sides with Russia against FBI at Helsinki summit

Report: Russia Offered Bounties For Taliban Militants To Kill U.S. Soldiers And Other Allies

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

While President trump said nothing, did nothing and has know about it for almost a year. "Citing U.S. officials briefed on the intelligence, the Times reports that Russia last year offered and paid money to Taliban militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan, noting that 20 U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2019"

Yet US citizens who have served in the military continue to support trump and even to vote for him.

trump went on to say "On Thursday, during a speech at a Wisconsin shipyard, Trump said the "toughest nation to deal with" wasn't China, Russia or North Korea, but "Democrats in the USA." "They’re much more unreasonable and actually, they’re a little crazy.”

6 times Trump has sided with a foreign country over the U.S. government

Trump sides with Russia against FBI at Helsinki summit

Report: Russia Offered Bounties For Taliban Militants To Kill U.S. Soldiers And Other Allies

Trump's incompetence, denial, dithering and delay have probably killed over 50,000 Americans.  The Taliban are pikers in comparison, even with Putin's encouragement.

23 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump's incompetence, denial, dithering and delay have probably killed over 50,000 Americans.  The Taliban are pikers in comparison, even with Putin's encouragement.

With many tens of thousands yet to die. Yet once again trump has stated that Xi, Kim and Putin are saner, more reasonable than American democrats. In trump's mind dead Americans are but collateral damage in this international deal making.In his personal homage to the worlds despots.

trump can't even be bothered in attending the renewed covid press conferences. Its far easier to hold covid get togethers, i.e. trump rallies. Where pointed questions about his indifference to the law, covid and American lives are absent.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump - Making Russia Great Again!

Trump - protecting Russia from the mean and unreasonable democrats!  No wonder Putin rigged the election for him; Trump is the only thing protecting Russia from the iron hand of a democratic USA.

16 minutes ago, kallend said:

Sorry, it's more than that.  Mea culpa.

Absolutely Trump is responsible for every Covid-19 death.  I get that you want him out of office so you'll spin any chance you have but your insistence on this one only makes you look foolish.  

Of course in here there won't be very many who call you out on it.

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

Uh . . . . 50,000 deaths, even 75,000 deaths, does not equal 127,952 deaths.  You know that - right?

Explain to me how you arrived at the 50,000 or the 75,000 figure.  And no I didn't realize the total figure had grown to 127000.  I haven't been paying that much attention to the national number, just my local situation.

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Explain to me how you arrived at the 50,000 or the 75,000 figure.  And no I didn't realize the total figure had grown to 127000.  I haven't been paying that much attention to the national number, just my local situation.

From two epidemiologists.  They are, respectively, a research fellow in the department of infectious disease epidemiology at Imperial College, and the Chair of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

"On March 16, the White House issued initial social distancing guidelines, including closing schools and avoiding groups of more than 10. But an estimated 90 percent of the cumulative deaths in the United States from Covid-19, at least from the first wave of the epidemic, might have been prevented by putting social distancing policies into effect two weeks earlier, on March 2, when there were only 11 deaths in the entire country. The effect would have been substantial had the policies been imposed even one week earlier, on March 9, resulting in approximately a 60 percent reduction in deaths."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/opinion/covid-social-distancing.html

60% of 127,000 is 76,000.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, airdvr said:

If you didn’t realize 125,000 people are dead it’s through deliberate, willful ignorance. There can be no other reason.It’s on every news outlet, every day - even the local ones.

Yet you have the temerity to question how Phil came up with a number?

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

And no I didn't realize the total figure had grown to 127000.  I haven't been paying that much attention to the national number, just my local situation.

Maybe then next time you'll think twice before you make yourself look foolish with your insistence on spinning every situation to defend Trump. It's ok though, looks like there are enough people paying attention to call you on it.

Explain to me how you arrived at the 50,000 or the 75,000 figure. 

It's front and centre in the link that Phil provided in a post you have already replied to. Maybe if you read it you'd have some perspective on the issue.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Seriously? You 'haven't been paying attention'?

So you don't realize, that with 4% of the world's population, the US has 25% of the deaths.

You haven't been paying enough attention to realize that much of the industrialized world has this under control? That New Zealand has eradicated it?

The main reason the US is so far behind is simply because Trump didn't do anything substantial for several weeks. He was waiting for it to "go away". 

He stopped travel from China (and proposed stopping travel from Mexico - remember that argument?) because they have dark skin.
He DIDN'T stop travel from Europe, even when it was clear that Italy had a pretty severe problem...
Because they were white.

He 'fiddled while the corona burned' (and didn't even get that it was an insult). 

Now we're opened up. And it's spreading. The positive cases found today were almost certainly infected 2 or 3 weeks ago. So, even if we closed everything down again (and the Trumpettes won't let that happen), it will be 2 or 3 weeks of 40k+ new cases...

EVERY DAY.

Do the math. 17 days of 40k is...

SIX HUNDRED EIGHTY THOUSAND NEW CASES.

We're fucked.

Thanks to Trump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

So you aren't paying attention but dispute the numbers of those who do pay attention.

Very trumpish.

15 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Seriously? You 'haven't been paying attention'?

So you don't realize, that with 4% of the world's population, the US has 25% of the deaths.

You haven't been paying enough attention to realize that much of the industrialized world has this under control? That New Zealand has eradicated it?

The main reason the US is so far behind is simply because Trump didn't do anything substantial for several weeks. He was waiting for it to "go away". 

.. . . . . . .

We're fucked.

Thanks to Trump.

NZ took definitive action 18 days after its first reported case.

"We must go hard and we must go early," was Prime Minister Ardern's message.

Trump dithered, delayed and denied for 54 days before taking any significant action, and that was inadequate.

We are paying the price of electing a narcissistic moron to the highest office.

10 minutes ago, kallend said:

NZ took definitive action 18 days after its first reported case.

"We must go hard and we must go early," was Prime Minister Ardern's message.

Trump dithered, delayed and denied for 54 days before taking any significant action, and that was inadequate.

True, but don't forget the 'open up' morons. The protests were orchestrated by Trump minons and controllers (MI protests were organized by a group run by DeVos, WI were organized by a group funded by the Kock bros).

The Rs in Wisconsin sued to get the shut down order lifted. The 'conservative' court did just that. 

GA, FL & TX opened up.

The Trumpettes refuse to wear masks, saying they are a 'sign of fear' (Like a virus cares if you are scared of it or not). 

The rest of the world is finding some relief, while the immature, selfish, impatient idiots insist on going back to 'normal' life. 

So Florida saw another 9k in positive results yesterday (Friday's results released today).

That's nearly 50k positive tests in the last 10 days. 

Just in Florida. 

We're fucked.

38 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

That's nearly 50k positive tests in the last 10 days. 

Just in Florida. 

We're fucked.

The hospitals in some regions will soon be overloaded. This will make for really bad images on various media and will cause some state governors to feel forced to back track on the rapid re-openings. All highly predictable.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

For the benefit of those who pontificate without paying attention, here is a timeline of denial and delay:

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus.  So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area. 

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

Now (June27) over 40,000 new cases today.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

NZ ... Prime Minister Ardern's ...

Ardern a 39 year old woman v a 74 year old GOP moron, er group of GOP morons.

45 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

True, but don't forget the 'open up' morons.

We're fucked.

At least until Jan 20th then reset. In the meanwhile the trump death clock spins and personal safety is on the line every hour.

Edited by Phil1111

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

Good googaloo, man. You haven't been paying much attention to the national number?  You are paying attention to just your local situation? Seriously, quit dragging the conversation here down. If you aren't serious post on Bonfire.

4 hours ago, kallend said:

So you aren't paying attention but dispute the numbers of those who do pay attention.

Very trumpish.

No...if you want to toss around numbers like you have you must be prepared to back them up.  I'll ask again...50,000...75,000...how did you arrive at those numbers?