1 1
JoeWeber

What brazen crooks they are

Intel Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-NC) sold between $562,000 and $1.56 million of stock, we have secrets, in one day after telling his rich Tar Heels Club friends that the Corona Virus was really, really bad. Of course, at the same time he was telling us, no worries. 

Time, once again, for the Republican Broom and Rug Committee to come to the rescue. 

39 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Intel Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-NC) sold between $562,000 and $1.56 million of stock, we have secrets, in one day after telling his rich Tar Heels Club friends that the Corona Virus was really, really bad. Of course, at the same time he was telling us, no worries. 

Time, once again, for the Republican Broom and Rug Committee to come to the rescue. 

Goddamn public records. I wouldn't have sold the ABBV but when you are panicking you don't stop with just the bathwater.

Burr'stock sales.png

S&P Feb 13, 2020.png

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Yep, and now add Sen. Ron Johnson (R) and Sen. James Inhofe (R) to the list.  Come on now Brent, airdvr, Ron, Channman and anyone else, did Obama cause these fine people to be crooks? Or, maybe, just maybe, could it be that you guy's fucked up when you voted?

6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Yep, and now add Sen. Ron Johnson (R) and Sen. James Inhofe (R) to the list.  Come on now Brent, airdvr, Ron, Channman and anyone else, did Obama cause these fine people to be crooks? Or, maybe, just maybe, could it be that you guy's fucked up when you voted?

I thought it was wise financial management to dump a stock if it starts losing. I should have dumped Ford several years ago, but, no I had to maintain faith. 

General RoT, if your profit drops 40% sell your shares.

55 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I thought it was wise financial management to dump a stock if it starts losing. I should have dumped Ford several years ago, but, no I had to maintain faith. 

General RoT, if your profit drops 40% sell your shares.

Once again your ignorance is on full display. It's called insider trading, Ron, and it's illegal. 

• Like 1

(edited)
15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Once again your ignorance is on full display. It's called insider trading, Ron, and it's illegal. 

It doesn’t matter. We went through all this with Trump and to Ron only winning matters, no matter how you do it. When he looks at a successful criminal all he sees is the success.

Edited by jakee

8 minutes ago, jakee said:

It doesn’t matter. We went through all this with Trump and to Ron only winning matters, no matter how you do it. When he looks at a successful criminal all he sees is the success.

The potential good news is that if all 4 get forced out or resign the D's stand to pick up 2 Senate seats (NC, WI). Now, that be sweet justice.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

I know what it is called and I know it is illegal. First it has to be proven, innocent until proven and all that. Second, I never could understand the law. In profit motivation the object is to get an edge. Third, the headline this AM implicated another R, from OK, and whoa. DF the darling of CA jumped on the bandwagon.

2 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I know what it is called and I know it is illegal. First it has to be proven, innocent until proven and all that. Second, I never could understand the law. In profit motivation the object is to get an edge. Third, the headline this AM implicated another R, from OK, and whoa. DF the darling of CA jumped on the bandwagon.

Yup, time for all good conservatives to circle the wagons and protect their crooked Senators.

7 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

First it has to be proven, innocent until proven and all that. 

Is that proven in a court of law, or just the court of public opinion? Before answering, I have two words for you to consider:

Hillary Clinton

And I have two words for others to consider:

Donald Trump

Wendy P.

54 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Oh Ron, helping us understand Christianity post by post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I know what it is called and I know it is illegal. First it has to be proven, innocent until proven and all that. Second, I never could understand the law. In profit motivation the object is to get an edge. 

A logic which applies equally to burglary, mugging, drug dealing and Nigerian scammers. As long as they're profiting from it, it's ok?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jakee said:

A logic which applies equally to burglary, mugging, drug dealing and Nigerian scammers. As long as they're profiting from it, it's ok?

Apparently more so if you can score weapons and drugs from the crimes.

14 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Why do you people make ridiculous comparisons?

Because you make ridiculous statements.
What else do you expect in response?

While you are correct in the idea that they are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law, the facts are pretty clear.

They were briefed on the reality of the coronavirus situation. In a classified briefing.
They dumped a LOT of stock immediately after.
The markets tanked because of the seriousness of the coronavirus situation. 

How would that not be insider trading?

And, in a really ironic note, Burr was one of a few who voted against the STOCK act, which banned Congresscreatures from insider trading.

50 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Burr was one of a few who voted against the STOCK act, which banned Congress

Well, his point at the time was that insider trading was already illegal and why do we need another law to single out congressmen. You're right, the irony is bigly in this one. Cause he evidently didn't give a shit about either law.  

5 hours ago, jakee said:
  9 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I know what it is called and I know it is illegal. First it has to be proven, innocent until proven and all that. Second, I never could understand the law. In profit motivation the object is to get an edge. 

You all just don't understand. The profit motivation of a congressman is to get an edge.The profit motivation of a president is to get an edge.  Life is about edge.