2 2
DJL

US Baghdad Embassy Attacked by Protesters

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

From fact check.org: "the administration was quick to blame the video, which did trigger protests in Egypt and elsewhere, and slow to acknowledge the incident was a terrorist attack. Republicans say this was done by administration officials to help get Obama reelected, while Democrats — including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — have blamed the initial response on the “fog of war.” We leave that up to you to decide"

initially they put out the blame the video line. Why they stayed with it as long as they did is the question. She was running for office at the time. It is all moot now. 

No, she was not.

She was Sec of State from 2009–2013. She never ran in 2012.

21 minutes ago, Rick said:

Now I see where you are coming from.

I am no longer a Trump fan. I never was a Hillary fan.

I have some friends that any time I bring up negative criticism of Hillary claim I am listening to "fake news" or I have bought into some kind of false narrative about her. 

They are just as much blinded by their hate for Trump as some are by their hate for Hillary.

I don't personally hate Trump, I just hate or despise the fact that we have a criminal in the office that is undeserving of his acts of dishonesty and near treason to the country.

We deserve and need much better, hopefully before he destroys the country. We've already lost our allies.

16 minutes ago, normiss said:

I don't personally hate Trump, I just hate or despise the fact that we have a criminal in the office that is undeserving of his acts of dishonesty and near treason to the country.

We deserve and need much better, hopefully before he destroys the country. We've already lost our allies.

I get that Mark and I understand where you are coming from.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my dislike of Hillary and the reasons for it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rick said:

I get that Mark and I understand where you are coming from.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my dislike of Hillary and the reasons for it.

We've had a number of good, interesting chats about this brother. We've both had, and still have, questions. It's a challenge to even find truthful, unbiased, accurate information to answer those questions. I'm thankful for having a few friends that challenge my understanding as well as offering a different perspective and understanding on various issues and topics.

Confusing times to be sure.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, normiss said:

We've had a number of good, interesting chats about this brother. We've both had, and still have, questions. It's a challenge to even find truthful, unbiased, accurate information to answer those questions. I'm thankful for having a few friends that challenge my understanding as well as offering a different perspective and understanding on various issues and topics.

Confusing times to be sure.

yes sir Ryoder corrected my time line earlier and I do appreciate that. We get bombarded with "news" all day from many different platforms. Between that and taking care of life it can get confusing. 

It is good to have friends you respect that have a different perspective to learn from.

Edited by Rick

1 hour ago, Rick said:

From fact check.org: "the administration was quick to blame the video, which did trigger protests in Egypt and elsewhere, and slow to acknowledge the incident was a terrorist attack. Republicans say this was done by administration officials to help get Obama reelected, while Democrats — including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — have blamed the initial response on the “fog of war.” We leave that up to you to decide"

initially they put out the blame the video line. Why they stayed with it as long as they did is the question. She was running for office at the time. It is all moot now. 

That's right.  It was part of their effort paint him as someone who didn't want to call a terrorist a terrorist as if Democrats have a soft spot in their hearts for terrorists.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Trump will destroy the country at about the same level as Huma Influenced Climate Change (tm) will ruinGreta’s childhood, or destroy the world. 

14 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump will destroy the country at about the same level as Huma Influenced Climate Change (tm) will ruin Greta’s childhood, or destroy the world. 

Well, her Ex's (Anthony Weiner) laptop driving "Her Emails" to the back of the public's consciousness just days before the election DID help to put Trump into office and his departure from the Paris Accord probably did trigger her a bit and possibly over the edge but I think that's a bit of a Butterfly Flapping it's Wings scenario.

image.jpeg.43a14d307663b56cfa0445a18befc24a.jpeg