2 2
normiss

WWIII???

6 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Lying is ok as long as you flagellate yourself afterwards and ask for forgiveness, amirite?  I don't think you're convincing anybody.  That was a serious response in your mind, I'm sure, but it oozed with "Thank you for proving my point that you were never a 'true' Christian." 

Anybody else get that vibe?  Because, unlike Ron, I'm willing and able to practice self-reflection if I've made an error in my perception.

That reminds me that as a non-believer, nobody watches you masturbate, unless you invite them.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, DJL said:

You're not the authority on what it is to have a relationship with Christ and what it is to be a Christian.  What you're describing as a "born again experience" is in your world and in your brain, I've never heard someone describe such an event as you do and do not think it has anything to do with an assessment someone's devotion.

I did not "simply attend church and participate in church activities".

So to answer your question, no I didn't have a acid trip when I decided to follow Christ and the teachings in the Bible.

Here are a few Scriptures from the Amplified Bible regarding the concept of being born again.

John 3:3
Jesus answered him, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless a person is born again [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified], he cannot [ever] see and experience the kingdom of God.”

John 3:7
Do not be surprised that I have told you, ‘You must be born again [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].’

1 Peter 1:3
Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant and boundless mercy has caused us to be born again [that is, to be reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose] to an ever-living hope and confident assurance through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Of course, none of this has any importance unless you want to change your present life or you desire eternal life as opposed to eternal death.

I believe that creation from God never stops. That is what confuses the evolutionists. Anyway, when you accept God's plan for your life He gives you a constant supply of life, or creation, forever. 

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I believe that creation from God never stops. That is what confuses the evolutionists. Anyway, when you accept God's plan for your life He gives you a constant supply of life, or creation, forever. 

How wonderfully novel, and convenient. Evolution is simply Creation in God's own time. What a difference a day makes!

And Lo!, layer upon layer of silty earth and creatures who didn't survive the design phase were laid from one edge of the new lands to the other until the edges folded unto each other and the world was round and it was good. Problem solved!

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Of course, none of this has any importance unless you want to change your present life or you desire eternal life as opposed to eternal death.

I think you missed the part where your chosen religion doesn't dictate my eternal fate.  Also, "join us or die" doesn't sound like the most welcoming invitation.

1 minute ago, DJL said:

I think you missed the part where your chosen religion doesn't dictate my eternal fate.  Also, "join us or die" doesn't sound like the most welcoming invitation.

Pfft. It's not 'join us or die'.

It's 'join us or spend an eternity of pain and suffering after you die.'

You will note that nobody (well, one dude) ever came back from either place to say that it's really like that.

Wow - 

I have never seen such a group of "Pat yourselves on the back" posts.

Did speakers Corner finally get to the point where all other points of view have been pushed out and now you guys can just revolve around supporting each others views?  After all that is what is important, right?

This truly is the golden age.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow - 

Did speakers Corner finally get to the point where all other points of view have been pushed out and now you guys can just revolve around supporting each others views?  After all that is what is important, right?

blah blah blah another one liner response. 

Edit:  And before you take me seriously, just messing with you.

Edited by DJL
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Wow - 

But to continue, I'm not going to have a religion dictate which religion I choose by threatening me with eternal pain and suffering.  Fuck him, fuck that god, fuck that religion and yes I'm glad that at this point in history there are finally others that will stand up with me over that issue.

• Like 1