1 1
RonD1120

DECLAS Has Begun

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

...Also, this is the kind of thing that makes a lot of people who don’t really have a lot of mover-and-shaker power feel as though they’re on the inside of something important. 

Wendy P. 

Just like that sort likes to pretend they know a lot about "Special Operations" and know a lot of retired SF, SEAL, and others of that sort. And that knowing those folks gives them a "Back Channel" to what's going on.

I do know a couple of those types. None of them talk much about what they did. None of them claim to have any info on current stuff. 
I know a LOT more 'pretenders' and "wannabees" than I do real ones. I don't pretend to know a lot about the Spec Ops world, but I do know how to spot a fake.

(edited)

My new favorite Q post (linked picture)

(For those unfamiliar with this whole silliness, "Q" was kicked off of 8Chan recently, and now back on 4Chan, where they started, there are tons of people posting as "Q". 

It's kind of hilarious, really, because some of the predictions are clear troll parodies, but some Qultists are still chasing that dragon...)

My personal contribution:

[D]ecls
hOt suMm[E]r
Trump will mention Kevin
Wash your hat
Trust the ProcEss
WYSIWYG

When Trump mentions someone named "Kevin", anything happens involving a "dome", or anything happens - or happens to - something that could be abbreviated TPE (in the last two cases, note the capitalized letters), I'm going to declare myself the one true Q.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.27.31 AM.png

Edited by Skwrl
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, Skwrl said:

My new favorite Q post (linked picture)

(For those unfamiliar with this whole silliness, "Q" was kicked off of 8Chan recently, and now back on 4Chan, where they started, there are tons of people posting as "Q". 

It's kind of hilarious, really, because some of the predictions are clear troll parodies, but some Qultists are still chasing that dragon...)

My personal contribution:

[D]ecls
hOt suMm[E]r
Trump will mention Kevin
Wash your hat
Trust the ProcEss
WYSIWYG

When Trump mentions someone named "Kevin", anything happens involving a "dome", or anything happens - or happens to - something that could be abbreviated TPE (in the last two cases, note the capitalized letters), I'm going to declare myself the one true Q.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.27.31 AM.png

Jim Watkins explains what happened to 8Chan

(edited)
2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

The above link starts downline. Restart for full explanation.

Yeah, watched the whole thing, certainly no new information here.   Company kicked other company off of its server - it’s a free market, they can do that   We like free markets, right?

My point was that “Q” screwed the pooch by saying, in reference to 8Chan, “no outside coms now or in the future”.   Based on the way 8Chan is set up that basically means its can’t simply be re-created; instead, you could (and do) have a bunch of boards claiming to be the one true legitimate heir of 8Chan... but no way to verify them, and so no way to confirm someone’s posts are from “Q”.  Bad move if you’re a Qultist trying to keep control of the the thing...  

(I mean, even if you instead said, “we’ll follow the one who is most accurate!”, you’re gonna have a bad time because the *Original* 4Chan/8Chan Q had a worse record of predicting stuff than you’d get from a monkey with a dartboard...)

Anyway, to Kallend’s point - it would all just be some sort of bizarre real life alternate reality LARPing, except some people seem to be shooting others in support of this nonsense.

Random aside to keep this in the category of “politics” and not “crazy fringe kooky theories”.  Did you have an opinion on Obama’s net neutrality regulations, back when they were being debated (and ultimately yanked by Anit Pai at the FCC at Trump’s direction?) Lots of Fox viewers seemed to have hated them - because Fox told them to.  And while wanting to have content neutral rules wouldn’t have stopped these ISPs from booting 8Chan, prohibiting slow downs and stuff like that would have helped the 8Chan’er’s causes...  It’s almost as though Trump isn’t supporting “open communications” but instead backing where money can be made. (Gasp! Shocking, right!?!)  Foresight doesn’t seem to be the Fox News audience’s strongpoint, though...

Edited by Skwrl
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skwrl said:

Random aside to keep this in the category of “politics” and not “crazy fringe kooky theories”.  Did you have an opinion on Obama’s net neutrality regulations, back when they were being debated (and ultimately yanked by Anit Pai at the FCC at Trump’s direction?) Lots of Fox viewers seemed to have hated them - because Fox told them to.  

Pffft.

Fox viewers hated them because they came from Obama. 

Remember what McConnell said at the beginning of the 2nd term? 

We will oppose anything Obama brings to the table (paraphrased). 

I wonder why that was? 
Were they bad ideas?
Did the Rs have better ones?

Or was is something else?

4 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Pffft.

Fox viewers hated them because they came from Obama. 

Remember what McConnell said at the beginning of the 2nd term? 

We will oppose anything Obama brings to the table (paraphrased). 

I wonder why that was? 
Were they bad ideas?
Did the Rs have better ones?

Or was is something else?

Yep.  I’m just amused that if you’re paying attention, they acted against their own self-interest if they want to keep crap like 8Chan around.  

But hey, they were good little useful tools, hating it “because Obama” just like they were told to.  (Amusingly, the actual regs were based on policies set up by GWB - and the Comcasts, etc. wanted them out of the way since then - but that wouldn’t have stirred the rubes up as much “as a bunch of President N-[boing]’s rules have got to go!”)

The only solace I get in this shit show is that many of his supporters are getting hoisted on their own petard as a result of all of this.  Just a shame that it’s  screwing those who didn’t support him as well.

9 hours ago, Skwrl said:

Anyway, to Kallend’s point - it would all just be some sort of bizarre real life alternate reality LARPing, except some people seem to be shooting others in support of this nonsense.

Jesus Christ on rubber crutches that's a fucking accurate and scary sentence.