1 1
RonD1120

DECLAS Has Begun

39 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

You have to do your own research. See post above to billvon.

You are looking for a softer easier way. That is the way of the liberal path.

Rubbish, as usual. You can't answer because you have no proofs.  

"You have to do your own research. See post above to billvon." Read: I'm full of it and it's your lazy assed fault.

"You are looking for a softer easier way. That is the way of the liberal path". Read: you are weak and not of us.

Now, it's one door leads to another and so on. What's next, the Looking Glass? And, it's a military operation and thus beyond the ken of the sissified and unpure. I don't blame you for not yielding an iota on this one of your religions because then they would all start to wobble a bit.

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Actually, Ron is right on this one. You have to deal with someone where they are, not where they coulda-shoulda-woulda been. Kind of like you when you manage a project, you have to start from where you actually are, with the team members you actually have. People have to take themselves to change, you can't make it happen for them.

Wendy P.

Thank you for the validation. I don't get that very often.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

You have to do your own research and dig deeper.

Why? If he's provided proof, you can explain it. 

It is a military operation. It is not simple to grasp. 

Why not? The military knows how to communicate just like everyone else. If they want people to know about it, why isn't it clear? If they don't want people to know about it, why are they sanctioning leakers?

[DS] is DEEP very DEEP

If Q exists, they are the DS.

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

You have to do your own research. See post above to billvon.

You are looking for a softer easier way. That is the way of the liberal path.

TRANSLATION:  Ron has no proof so he is throwing dust in the air.

"Q" has no more validity than the mythical neolithic sky zombie that Ron believes will repture him.

(edited)

Q assumes he knows what’s going on, and looks for evidence to support it. Unfortunately, that kind of implies ignoring all the contradictory evidence, or reassigning value based on how well it dovetails. 

Evidence should lead to conclusions. Once you look for evidence to support your conclusion, you’re constructing a story. 

Wendy P. 

Edited by wmw999
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Military personnel charged with military crimes will be tried in military courts. Civilians will be tried in federal courts. We are not talking about only a few people. 

[DS] is DEEP very DEEP

For what? 

What specific crimes?

And your 'drops' have yet to mention civilian federal courts. Just "Military Tribunals". On "Gitmo" (Guantanamo Bay).

One of the main reasons the "Enemy Combatants" were kept there was because courts have ruled that US laws (and Civil Rights) apply to all people on US soil. By holding them somewhere that wasn't US soil, the government could legally deny them those rights. By calling them the new name "enemy combatants" instead of "POWs", they could legally deny them the rights guaranteed by the Geneva Conventions.

When your "Q" idiots make those claims about 'military tribunals on Gitmo', they are clearly saying that there will be civilians tried by the military in a place that isn't US territory, and clearly implies that those 'defendants' won't have the rights they are due. 

Why are any of you even bothering? Ron has years of history here, with almost every post he's made falling into one of two categories - expert trolling and button-pushing, or bat-shit crazy delusions. 

He is never, ever, ever going to engage in lucid, good-faith discourse with any of you. You cannot reason with a troll, and you cannot reason with someone who has gleefully swapped facts for truthiness.

Just let the experiment die.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Why are any of you even bothering? Ron has years of history here, with almost every post he's made falling into one of two categories - expert trolling and button-pushing, or bat-shit crazy delusions. 

He is never, ever, ever going to engage in lucid, good-faith discourse with any of you. You cannot reason with a troll, and you cannot reason with someone who has gleefully swapped facts for truthiness.

Just let the experiment die.

The reason I do is simple, I think in Ron we have a perfect example of the credulity phenomenon. And unlike your crazy uncle who just gets mad and huffs off, Ron engages willingly, persistently and, most importantly, publicly. Here, away from his self validating support group, his flowery talk, his counseling credentials and his christian compatriots all ready for war it's usually easy work getting him to where he simply needs to disengage because he has no real truth to offer.

So no, I don't have an expectation that an epiphany is just a post away, far from it. That said, everyone loves a surprise so I'm hopeful.

In the meantime, if just one person starts wondering not about what they believe but instead about why they believe it then I've earned my cookie.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

In the meantime, if just one person starts wondering not about what they believe but instead about why they believe it then I've earned my cookie.  

I know why I believe.

As I have stated several times in the past, on 16 Mar 1981 I was stranded, alone, broke, homeless, strung out, and in great despair in Lee Vining CA. I was camped at Mono Lake with no friends and no direction. I cried out to Jesus Christ and experienced salvation and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That was the start of my new life. I became a Born-Again Christian. 

I had been unknowingly following Lucifer, the thief, and liar. Now I knew the truth.

John 10:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

I think one thing to keep in mind when arguing on the internet is that your posts are not read by only the person you are arguing with, but others who may share some of their concerns. This site doesn't get the traffic it used to, but you never know who is following a thread here, and what they think of the discussion.

In most cases, arguing with the OP of any political thread is fruitless, but the discussion can benefit others nonetheless. (or not. changing anyone's political views is really hard). 

as an aside, it is interesting trying to follow this thread because I have Ron on ignore, so I can only see what others quote him, and I don't care enough to click on his hidden posts to see them. I get the gist I think.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I know why I believe.

As I have stated several times in the past, on 16 Mar 1981 I was stranded, alone, broke, homeless, strung out, and in great despair in Lee Vining CA. I was camped at Mono Lake with no friends and no direction. I cried out to Jesus Christ and experienced salvation and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That was the start of my new life. I became a Born-Again Christian. 

I had been unknowingly following Lucifer, the thief, and liar. Now I knew the truth.

10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

You don't and that's the entire point. There is nothing provable in the Christian myth and yet you claim it all as fact on par with saying you know why the sky is blue, for example. It feels good to you and you want it to be true just like the Q thing but neither claims are provable; you simply believe what you want to believe and demand no real proof. 

I think the why of it all is a damn interesting question. Some argue it all happens at the level of the brain, that it's wiring or chemistry that predisposes some to willing belief. Clearly, those who are raised without outside influence and are never exposed to different ideas will likely die believing what the group believes. But that doesn't make it true, right?

I'm curious, have you ever participated in a multi level marketing program like Amway?

41 minutes ago, jakee said:

why you believe in Q. 

Because the first time I learned of Q's existence they were being ridiculed on this forum. I believed if the masters of this forum were against it then there must be something to it. I started reaching and discovered there indeed was something to it. 

52 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Because the first time I learned of Q's existence they were being ridiculed on this forum. I believed if the masters of this forum were against it then there must be something to it. I started reaching and discovered there indeed was something to it. 

The exact same results you reached from your belief in non-existent beings.

I guess so long as those in need of comfort find it, it's all good.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Because the first time I learned of Q's existence they were being ridiculed on this forum. I believed if the masters of this forum were against it then there must be something to it.

Wow.

Deep state is EVERYWHERE, huh? 

1 hour ago, normiss said:

The exact same results you reached from your belief in non-existent beings.

I guess so long as those in need of comfort find it, it's all good.

That is correct. Self-assured people do not need help. They do not search for answers. Their lives are complete. I was not that fortunate. When my life got stable, when I began to experience joy, I wanted to help others that were still suffering. My purpose here is to spread the good news, first of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and second to those seeking positive optimism about our president.

Obviously, you and many others do not need or want the good news or positive optimism. So be it but, there are lurkers.

That is correct. Self-assured people do not need help. They do not search for answers. Their lives are complete. I was not that fortunate. When my life got stable, when I began to experience joy, I wanted to help others that were still suffering. My purpose here is to spread the good news, first of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and second to those seeking positive optimism about our president.

Obviously, you and many others do not need or want the good news or positive optimism. So be it but, there are lurkers.

So then you are not making a truth claim about religion? Or, is it only situationally true?

(edited)

That is correct. Self-assured people do not need help. They do not search for answers.

Having to define your beliefs with reference to what other people are against is the opposite of self assured. Is that a good thing?

Honestly, it sounds as if you’re still too insecure to trust your own mind. Have your other beliefs not helped with that?

Edited by jakee

1 hour ago, yoink said:

I’ve lost count of how many times that’s supposed to have happened in the last few years according to Ron.

At least half a dozen.

Who was the guy before him, who predicted that "certainly before the end of the Bush presidency" the Earth would be ravaged by a huge meteor?  Was that Bill Cole?

7 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Okay, I get that. I also get that your technique is to avoid answering certain uncomfortable questions and then just soldier on. This should be easy for you. You said this:

15 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

So what I find interesting is that you reference a certain translation of the text. Specifically the New King James Version (translation) of the bible.  As you know there are many translations of the bible in many different languages. My question for you is: how dependent is your certainty on a specific translation of the text?