Blacksmith311

Harvey Weinstein long time Democrat donor acused of sexual harassment and assault

rushmc

I don't recall him saying he did do it.

Then your recollection is wrong.

Not that truth or context means anything to you...

Yes, the context of a man who has settled sexual assault lawsuits, and currently faces multiple additional accusations of sexual assault, talking about how he does sexually assault women and gets away with it because he's famous.

But don't worry Marc, this can still come out ok for you - you can just claim that your Republican hero got away with it for so long because until a few years ago everyone thought he was still a democrat;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

I'm confused on what political affiliation has to do with sexual assaults, religion, yes, politics? Not so much.

Right, this stuff, or the potential, is everywhere. When I was managing the photo area at Ohio University School of Art I never asked students to pose nude. They wouldn't know how I would react if they said no. Would I just smile then make sure the studio wasn't available the next time they needed it? There were too many things that could happen, either by malice on my part or coincidence and they'd have no way of knowing or proving which it was, so it was just hands off, if you'll pardon the phrase. The director of Photo-J did and was justifiably nailed to the wall. He was accused of pressuring his students to meet him alone in the "private" studio in another building. Of course, there was also the question of why a Photo-J would want to make a calendar of nude students. It didn't really fit the profession.
Anyway, I just mean that if you have any sort of power over someone, no matter how trivial it may seem, then just don't put them in the position where they have to decide to keep you happy or not.

aphid

***if you have any sort of power over someone, no matter how trivial it may seem, then just don't put them in the position where they have to decide to keep you happy or not.

FBI Directors being dismissed come to mind?

Yeh, but please don't leave me with the image of those two having sex.

I dunno, man. If your big takeaway from the Weinstein thing is to immediately go on a political rant, maybe you're missing a bigger issue about the general issue of psychopaths in power abusing it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

rushmc

Other than his actions have been known for decades but since he is a dem donor he was allowed to keep doing his dirty deeds for decades..?

No point.

So have Trump's, and he even admitted it on videotape. I don't recall your rushing to condemn him, though.

He stated what he thought he could do.

I don't recall him saying he did do it.

Not that truth or context means anything to you...

Marcs's selective amnesia strikes again.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

I dunno, man. If your big takeaway from the Weinstein thing is to immediately go on a political rant, maybe you're missing a bigger issue about the general issue of psychopaths in power abusing it.

Between Bill Clinton and Trump why would anyone want to bring politics into it?

Bob_Church

***I dunno, man. If your big takeaway from the Weinstein thing is to immediately go on a political rant, maybe you're missing a bigger issue about the general issue of psychopaths in power abusing it.

Hopefully someday people will bring their morality to the voting booth and not elect sexual predators.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

******I dunno, man. If your big takeaway from the Weinstein thing is to immediately go on a political rant, maybe you're missing a bigger issue about the general issue of psychopaths in power abusing it.

Hopefully someday people will bring their morality to the voting booth and not elect sexual predators.

Do you foresee the possibility of there being moral candidates? Sex, money and power are the motivations for top positions. Sometimes just two of the three and sometimes all three.

That is what you get when you remove God from your foundational teachings.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Except of course for all the godly leaders that did and do exactly the same things. But of course, they are not actually godly, only you are....

that is why you take the time to attempt to rat people out to offices of the military in an attempt to disrupt their business when you disagree with them... because you have such a solid 'foundation'

just a gentle reminder of where your 'foundation' takes you.

It was not an observation for the world just this form. What I was going on about was that if President Trump looked a a girl wrong some here would have 28 articles saying he raped her, but when someone from the far left, prominent supporter of the last president, and president elect has a similar incident that was all over the news with a president elect speaking out about it, how long did it go and no one mentioned it?

I'm not the one making it about US politics, the US media is the one doing it, I just posted links and even copied the headlines as my narrative.

RonD1120

*********I dunno, man. If your big takeaway from the Weinstein thing is to immediately go on a political rant, maybe you're missing a bigger issue about the general issue of psychopaths in power abusing it.

Do you foresee the possibility of there being moral candidates? Sex, money and power are the motivations for top positions. Sometimes just two of the three and sometimes all three.

I agree that sex, money and power are all top motivators for political position. Certainly is for trump who only pays lip service to "God". Only the US Mormon community recognized his personal religious hypocrisy. Pandering to God all the while:

Going all out in breaking the following commandments of "GOD"

-Thou shalt not commit adultery
-Thou shalt not steal
-Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
-thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife
-

What I was going on about was that if President Trump looked a a girl wrong some here would have 28 articles saying he raped her

A) No they wouldn't.

B) President Trump is President. No-one voted for Harvey Weinstein. He doesn't hold an elected or appointed office. There aren't any Harvey Weinstein supporters who now have to weigh up support for his public policy agenda with contempt for his private behaviour, because he doesn't have a public policy agenda and he isn't asking for your support.

There is a fundamental difference between a political donor and a politician.

Blacksmith311

It was not an observation for the world just this form. What I was going on about was that if President Trump looked a a girl wrong some here would have 28 articles saying he raped her, but when someone from the far left, prominent supporter of the last president, and president elect has a similar incident that was all over the news with a president elect speaking out about it, how long did it go and no one mentioned it?

I'm not the one making it about US politics, the US media is the one doing it, I just posted links and even copied the headlines as my narrative.

Interesting, don't you think, that it was the pinko-commie NYT that broke the story, which was then immediately picked up by the pinko-commie WaPo and not Fox, WSJ, Infowars or Breitbart?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But where were you and the others? 5 days later and it is a top headline in the news and not a word here? He may not be a politician but he has great ties to them, and such influence no doubt. And not only presidents or politicians have been outed here for such behavior so lets not keep trying to draw a line like that. He was a major supporter(financially also), close to the president, and president elect, in the mainstream media guy but nothing. Just very curious as to why none from the left here for FIVE days even mentioned him. It was so well known people questioned why Saturday night live did not parody it, and they released a statement on it.

This past Saturday's episode of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" came and went without ever mentioning the embattled Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, who was by then at the center of 30 years of sexual misconduct allegations.

Many people found this odd for a show that held nothing back in their jokes about Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton as well as Bill Cosby, Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ailes, Anthony Weiner and many others accused of sexual harassment, assault or worse. (The show was forward enough this weekend to make light of O.J. Simpson, a man who most likely murdered two people.)

When the Daily Mail confronted SNL creator Lorne Michaels early Sunday morning about the absence of the Weinstein controversy, he claimed it was because "it's a New York thing," perhaps intimating that the rest of the country did not know or would not care about the issue (not that heaping on jokes that only make sense to those in the city has ever been a problem for the show before).

But according to The New York Times, Weinstein jokes were indeed prepared for Saturday's show, but they were shelved. The Times wrote, "These cuts were made simply because the material seemed to fall flat with the show’s studio audience, the person said." The anonymous source also told them that show was focused on the Las Vegas shooting. Country musician Jason Aldean, who was playing while bullets ripped through the music festival on October 1, opened the show with remarks and a performance.

Some conservative critics called it a double standard and that Weinstein was spared likely because of his liberal politics. One who zeroed in on Michaels' dubious statement was Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr., who tweeted Sunday: "Out of curiosity where is @realdonaldtrump from???"

>But where were you and the others? 5 days later and it is a top headline in the
>news and not a word here? He may not be a politician but he has great ties to
>them, and such influence no doubt.

Maybe. 5 days ago I didn't know who he was. Now I do - and he sounds like a scumbag.

Many people found this odd for a show that held nothing back in their jokes about Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton as well as Bill Cosby, Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ailes, Anthony Weiner and many others accused of sexual harassment, assault or worse.

You get that's a list of 3 democrats and 3 republicans all equally roasted, right? Seems an odd way to support the idea that Weinstein is getting a pass because he's a democrat.

Blacksmith311

But where were you and the others? 5 days later and it is a top headline in the news and not a word here? He may not be a politician but he has great ties to them, and such influence no doubt. And not only presidents or politicians have been outed here for such behavior so lets not keep trying to draw a line like that. He was a major supporter(financially also), close to the president, and president elect, in the mainstream media guy but nothing. Just very curious as to why none from the left here for FIVE days even mentioned him. It was so well known people questioned why Saturday night live did not parody it, and they released a statement on it.

This past Saturday's episode of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" came and went without ever mentioning the embattled Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, who was by then at the center of 30 years of sexual misconduct allegations.

Many people found this odd for a show that held nothing back in their jokes about Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton as well as Bill Cosby, Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ailes, Anthony Weiner and many others accused of sexual harassment, assault or worse. (The show was forward enough this weekend to make light of O.J. Simpson, a man who most likely murdered two people.)

When the Daily Mail confronted SNL creator Lorne Michaels early Sunday morning about the absence of the Weinstein controversy, he claimed it was because "it's a New York thing," perhaps intimating that the rest of the country did not know or would not care about the issue (not that heaping on jokes that only make sense to those in the city has ever been a problem for the show before).

But according to The New York Times, Weinstein jokes were indeed prepared for Saturday's show, but they were shelved. The Times wrote, "These cuts were made simply because the material seemed to fall flat with the show’s studio audience, the person said." The anonymous source also told them that show was focused on the Las Vegas shooting. Country musician Jason Aldean, who was playing while bullets ripped through the music festival on October 1, opened the show with remarks and a performance.

Some conservative critics called it a double standard and that Weinstein was spared likely because of his liberal politics. One who zeroed in on Michaels' dubious statement was Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr., who tweeted Sunday: "Out of curiosity where is @realdonaldtrump from???"

I don't think there's any doubt that a large percentage of the entertainment industry is hypocritical to any ridicule of him but I'd say you're looking for the burners to turn on a bit quick, the slow reaction isn't really surprising. The initial article was about allegations and payoffs but afterwards came the details about rape and sexual assault. He was fired by Sunday night and two days later (the same day you started this thread) his wife left him.

I think Monday was also the day that the Audio came out where he's trying to lure the Italian woman into the hotel room. That's where you turn the corner from allegations to reality.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

This was an interesting part from the audio recording of Weinstein trying to lure a woman into a hotel room:

"Please come in. On everything. I'm a famous guy."

Why was his fame important? Because as another man accused of sexual attacks claimed -

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful -- I just start kissing them. Like a magnet. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

tkhayes

Except of course for all the godly leaders that did and do exactly the same things. But of course, they are not actually godly, only you are....

that is why you take the time to attempt to rat people out to offices of the military in an attempt to disrupt their business when you disagree with them... because you have such a solid 'foundation'

just a gentle reminder of where your 'foundation' takes you.

That was so long ago, refresh my memory. What did you do that triggered a reaction on my part?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"Do you foresee the possibility of there being moral candidates? Sex, money and power are the motivations for top positions. Sometimes just two of the three and sometimes all three. "

I was talking about the attempts by some people of blaming one party or the other. This is one of those situations where neither side should be throwing rocks.