kallend

What can they be hiding?

Well, Stormy Daniels' lawyer is going for the big 'homerun'.

He wants to depose both Trump and Cohen, under oath.

Oh my. This could be interesting.

There is already precedent that a sitting pres is not immune to a subpoena of this sort.

And there's precedent that lying under oath during one of these is an impeachable offense.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

JerryBaumchen

Hi Joe,

And there's precedent that lying under oath during one of these is an impeachable offense.

Only when it is a D president and the R's control Congress.

Today, I doubt that they would impeach him.

Jerry Baumchen

Very true. But I'll bet that the Rs don't control congress after 2018.

In WI, the courts have ordered Gov Walker to schedule special elections to fill vacancies. He's stalled for a while. The general consensus is that he knows full well what has happened in the other special elections around the country, and doesn't want to lose those elections (Walker is R).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

Very true. But I'll bet that the Rs don't control congress after 2018.

I don't think they control congress even with their current majority.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Trump on Air Force One today:

=========
Did he know about the $130K payment to Stormy Daniels? “No.”

Why did Michael Cohen make the payment? “You’ll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael is my attorney. You’ll have to ask Michael.”

Do you know where the money came from? “No, I don’t know.”
=========

This is a big development, because if he didn't sign it, and he has no knowledge of the core of the agreement (money for silence) then Daniels' lawyer will likely be able to (successfully) argue that Trump was not a party to the agreement.

Hi Bill,

This is a big development, because if he didn't sign it, and he has no knowledge of the core of the agreement (money for silence) then Daniels' lawyer will likely be able to (successfully) argue that Trump was not a party to the agreement.

Does anyone wonder why John Dowd quit as Trump's attorney?

Really, this dipstick is his own worst enemy.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Joe,

Jerry Baumchen

I would hate to see any President impeached. It doesn't seem all that different from a coup with members of the government overruling the vote. And I felt the same way when it was Clinton's head on the block.

Bob_Church

I would hate to see any President impeached. It doesn't seem all that different from a coup with members of the government overruling the vote. And I felt the same way when it was Clinton's head on the block.

So it is better to leave a mentally unhinged halfwit in power???
It makes more sense to me to have a constitutionally-prescribed method for the sane members of government to remove an insane member.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Did you feel the same way about Nixon? That his impeachment was an illegal coup?

ryoder

It makes more sense to me to have a constitutionally-prescribed method for the sane members of government to remove an insane member.

YES! Good God, do you want Pence at the helm? Even Trump calls him a zealot. At least Trump's worst crime is that he fucks up a few things and in the end he gets nothing done. Granted a trade war could have dire effects but I think he'll figure out a way to back down and call it a win.

Bob_Church

***Hi Joe,

Jerry Baumchen

Then you will especially enjoy this concept:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/04/impeach-trump-forget-it-indictment-217775

billvon

And Cohen could face disbarment over the process.

And if he’s facing the loss of his livelihood, will he still feel that famous loyalty to Trump? Or will he return the favour and throw Trump under the bus by proving that he did know all about it?

This is so much fun.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***This is a big development, because if he didn't sign it, and he has no knowledge of the core of the agreement (money for silence) then Daniels' lawyer will likely be able to (successfully) argue that Trump was not a party to the agreement.

And if he’s facing the loss of his livelihood, will he still feel that famous loyalty to Trump? Or will he return the favour and throw Trump under the bus by proving that he did know all about it?

This is so much fun.

Depends how much hush money Trump pays him.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******This is a big development, because if he didn't sign it, and he has no knowledge of the core of the agreement (money for silence) then Daniels' lawyer will likely be able to (successfully) argue that Trump was not a party to the agreement.

This is so much fun.

Depends how much hush money Trump pays him.

For trump there is always option #3
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/381925-trump-asked-cia-official-why-drone-strike-didnt-also-kill-targets

DJL

YES! Good God, do you want Pence at the helm? Even Trump calls him a zealot. At least Trump's worst crime is that he fucks up a few things and in the end he gets nothing done. Granted a trade war could have dire effects but I think he'll figure out a way to back down and call it a win.

Pence actually has an education in law, and he is not a narcissist/sociopath with onset dementia.
I don't agree with his ideology, but I'd take him over the embarrassment we have now.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jakee

***This is a big development, because if he didn't sign it, and he has no knowledge of the core of the agreement (money for silence) then Daniels' lawyer will likely be able to (successfully) argue that Trump was not a party to the agreement.

This is so much fun.

What, a lawyer paying off someone on behalf of another person without their knowledge or consent? Doesn't sound fishy to me. Fake laws! Fake laws!

Pence actually has an education in law, and he is not a narcissist/sociopath with onset dementia.
I don't agree with his ideology, but I'd take him over the embarrassment we have now.

I agree that he's embarrassing but I'd rather the country not turn into something resembling The Handmaid's Tale. I'll take an idiot/ass any day of the week. Besides, at the pace of government he'll be there until 2020 anyway.

DJL

I agree that he's embarrassing but I'd rather the country not turn into something resembling The Handmaid's Tale. I'll take an idiot/ass any day of the week. Besides, at the pace of government he'll be there until 2020 anyway.

Don't bet on it.

We had our spring elections here in WI this week.

The D candidate for state Supreme Court clobbered the R by a double digit margin. That hasn't happened in a long time. Technically, the SC race is non-partisan, but in this case, it was a clear 'liberal vs conservative' race, with endorsements falling along party lines.

As I noted a few posts up, Gov Walker had to be taken to court to schedule special elections to fill some state legislature positions. He was clearly afraid that the current sentiment would put his R party at a disadvantage for those.

After the election on Tuesday, he stated those fears. He warned about a 'Blue Wave' and that the "Far Left is driven by anger and hatred" (yes, it's the left that's driven by anger and hatred).

I think his fears are justified. Not the 'hatred and anger' part. After all, which party excused Nazis committing murder?
But the behavior of the Rs has cost them a lot of middle of the road voters. And a lot of long time R voters too.
I know there is virtually zero chance of me ever voting R again (and I've voted that way my entire life).

I think there's a real chance of Ds taking a large majority in Congress this year. And if they do, it will get very interesting.

Sarah Palin running as VP is what made it so obvious to me that the GOP had swung so far to the Right and that's when I stopped voting 100% Republican. I vote for very few R's now but it looks like more of them are coming back to the center.

DJL

Sarah Palin running as VP is what made it so obvious to me that the GOP had swung so far to the Right and that's when I stopped voting 100% Republican. I vote for very few R's now but it looks like more of them are coming back to the center.

It's kind of ironic, considering that she may well have been McCain's way of sabotaging his own campaign when not permitted by his party to select Lieberman as a running mate. I doubt very seriously that he considered the possibility that she would define the new norm for the GOP.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

***Sarah Palin running as VP is what made it so obvious to me that the GOP had swung so far to the Right and that's when I stopped voting 100% Republican. I vote for very few R's now but it looks like more of them are coming back to the center.

It's kind of ironic, considering that she may well have been McCain's way of sabotaging his own campaign when not permitted by his party to select Lieberman as a running mate. I doubt very seriously that he considered the possibility that she would define the new norm for the GOP.

He's still kicking himself for bringing her onboard, there were so many better options out there and Obama was not that strong of a candidate until McCain's campaign fell apart under her weight.