billvon

Comey's testimony

billvon

>

I will go with the former director of the FBI over the second most dishonest president in history, myself. of course you will

BTW, from Comey we learned that Trump wasn't under investigation by the FBI before Trump fired him. But because of the firing, he is now under investigation by a special counsel for obstruction of justice.

and that makes a whole bunch of fucking sense

to you I guess.......:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

and now Comey may be lying about this so called memo????

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/09/comey-fallout-similarities-in-times-article-testimony-could-bolster-trump-claims.html

Ya
You go with Comey and keep saying Trump is the biggest liar to be in the office.

and we will sit back and laugh at you:D

Abraham Lincoln

2 days ago:

With the media drum beat, what would one expect? Those polled sure as hell are getting truth.
They are getting the same shit you post daily.
NOTHING will come of the Comey testimony.

Today:

Comey may be lying

Love it. I can only imagine what you'll be saying in another week. "So what if it's true? It means NOTHING. Clinton did it first."

billvon

2 days ago:

With the media drum beat, what would one expect? Those polled sure as hell are getting truth.

Today:
***Comey may be lying

Love it. I can only imagine what you'll be saying in another week. "So what if it's true? It means NOTHING. Clinton did it first."

Now you show your desperation.

Nothing came of the Comey show yesterday, unless, like you, you only pay attention to CNN who has completely lost it.
Abraham Lincoln

I this testimony was a total vindication, I am assuming this is based on Comey agreeing he had told Trump he was not personally under investigation?

That is indeed some vindication, but it also means Trump believes Comey spoke the truth. Except Trump's lawyer has stated that Comey lied.

If Comey lied, how is this a total vindication? I mean the former FBI Director testified under oath the President is a liar and cannot be trusted. Among some other things....

Is that total vindication?

Hi Sky,

Trump has a long, long, long, long track record of being a liar.

For me, the biggest difference is that Comey was under oath. Let's put Trump under oath and ask him about things.

rushmc likes to say that Comey is lieing yet he answered the questions under oath. Trump's turn.

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

>Nothing came of the Comey show yesterday

So nothing came of Comey's testimony. And Comey is LYING! LYING!

You are losing it.

Mr Twister:D:D

and you believe Russia meddling won the presidency for Trump!!!:D
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

I this testimony was a total vindication, I am assuming this is based on Comey agreeing he had told Trump he was not personally under investigation?

That is indeed some vindication, but it also means Trump believes Comey spoke the truth. Except Trump's lawyer has stated that Comey lied.

If Comey lied, how is this a total vindication? I mean the former FBI Director testified under oath the President is a liar and cannot be trusted. Among some other things....

Is that total vindication?

Annotated version of the mouthpiece's statement:

www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/06/08/team-trumps-official-response-to-the-comey-testimony-now-with-context/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.810fea0b0f22

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

***2 days ago:

Today:
***Comey may be lying

Now you show your desperation.

Nothing came of the Comey show yesterday, unless, like you, you only pay attention to CNN who has completely lost it.

UNLIKE Trump, Comey has been a card-carrying Republican virtually all of his life. George W. Bush appointed him as a U.S. attorney and, later, deputy attorney general. His credentials for honesty far far exceed Trump's.

The desperation is all yours.

The DOJ, meanwhile, took issue Thursday with several parts of Comey's testimony.

Comey also had testified that he was “not aware” of any memorandum sent to the FBI on behalf of the DOJ providing information as to why Sessions recused himself.

But on Thursday night, the DOJ released the email sent by Chief of Staff Jody Hunt to then-Acting Deputy Attorney General Dana Boente, Comey and others. The DOJ said the email was sent "specifically informing Mr. Comey and other relevant Department officials of the recusal and its parameters."

He is so truthy now isn't he:D

9 June 2017
Abraham Lincoln

>He is so truthy now isn't he

Ah. You were getting worried there for a minute - but FOX News fed you your opinion and it has soothed your panic. I'd advise you not read anything else for the rest of the day, lest your bubble be burst by inconvenient facts.

billvon

>He is so truthy now isn't he

Ah. You were getting worried there for a minute - but FOX News fed you your opinion and it has soothed your panic. I'd advise you not read anything else for the rest of the day, lest your bubble be burst by inconvenient facts.

No panic here
Trump is ok.

The lies that he was being investigated are exposed, Comey is exposed and CNN is exposed.

And Bill,
You have rarely posted a fact. But you are good with innuendo and un-sourced unsubstantiated rumor.

You got that down pat!
Abraham Lincoln

JerryBaumchen

Let's put Trump under oath and ask him about things.

Do you honestly think being under oath would make the slightest difference?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>And word on the street is that he found it hard to find a law firm on account of his
>well deserved reputation for gypping people and companies to which he owes
>money.

And that law firm can't even decide on a way to spin the Comey testimony yet. So far they are claiming he illegally leaked confidential information during his meeting with Trump - but they are also saying it's lies, all lies. It can't be both.

skyhank

Guy walks into a bank with an AK-47, says I hope this gun doesn't scare you into giving me all of your money. Takes every ones money and leaves. His defense is I said I hope!

Just like the mob boss who says he's confident you'll weigh your options and decide not to testify against him. And how's your sweet grandmother doing? The bills from her recent trip to the hospital must be pretty big. What a shame. I really hope you have some luck with that soon.

Two days later, the hospital calls to say an anonymous donor paid off your grandmother's bills. And Nana calls to say she had a strangely personal exchange of pleasantries with some "polite, nicely dressed young men" walking past her house yesterday.

But we can't expect the judge to believe the mob boss has attempted to tamper with a witness, because he didn't offer to pay off the hospital bill for a change in testimony, and no one made any threats to you or your grandmother. :S

That's roughly what I got from the senator from Idaho during his turn to question Mr. Comey yesterday. I thought he sounded like a mob lawyer. :|
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

A female friend posted something to describe the whole 'hope' question and how that is intimidation and how it works....

"While watching the Comey hearing on Thursday, a glaring reality became clear. James Comey, then FBI director, was pressured to do something inappropriate by his boss
The people conducting the hearing then blamed that pressure on him, by pushing the idea that he didn’t say “no” strongly enough, that he continued to take the president’s calls, and that he didn’t immediately quit his job. No woman who has ever been sexually harassed at work is fooled: Comey was subject to the pressure of losing his job should he not perform in a way that pleasured the president.
If my boss holds me back after a meeting and says he “hopes” I will suck his d*ck — after asking if I really like my job — that is pressure coming from a person with power over me."

Which is a totally plausible explanation and happens in the workplace every single minute of every single day in the world.

>That's roughly what I got from the senator from Idaho during his turn to question Mr.
>Comey yesterday. I thought he sounded like a mob lawyer.

Yep. And Trump's lawyer's hints that they may have the Justice Department go after Comey for perjury - given that Comey is a central material witness in the investigation into both Russian interference and obstruction of justice - doesn't help dispel the idea that they are trying to silence him.

"Hey, I am sure everyone wants this 'perjury' thing to go away. So maybe think twice about saying bad stuff about Trump. Just sayin."

skyhank

Guy walks into a bank with an AK-47, says I hope this gun doesn't scare you into giving me all of your money. Takes every ones money and leaves. His defense is I said I hope!

My wife says "I hope you aren't going skydiving on Saturday, it's our wedding anniversary".........

Iago

Whatever it was someone thought about the whole thing, Comey just confirmed it.

That's about as vague and nebulous as possible.

Depends what you think "the whole thing" is. If you think the whole thing is whether Trump explicitly obstructed justice, or was involved in Russian espionage then there's nothing to confirm or deny, but obviously there never would be.

If you think the whole thing includes the honesty, judgement, character, leadership skills and general fitness to govern of the President, then wow. There's a lot there. A lot.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?