Channman

Exposed, Duped & Manipulated

>Problem: Observations do not match climate model predictions and undermine AGW theory.

That would be a problem. However, it's not actually true; even if you go back to the 1990 IPCC estimates (with pretty primitive models) the actual temperature rise tracks the "business as usual" case quite well. To use the politically correct statement, you are using "alternate facts."

Stumpy

***I myself not much of a believer in the GW Religion as I call it.

The nice thing about science, is it doesn't give a shit whether you believe in it or not.

Real science or fake science that is the question. And I give a shit, just not in make believe crappy data.

billvon

>Problem: Observations do not match climate model predictions and undermine AGW theory.

That would be a problem. However, it's not actually true; even if you go back to the 1990 IPCC estimates (with pretty primitive models) the actual temperature rise tracks the "business as usual" case quite well. To use the politically correct statement, you are using "alternate facts."

You are living in an alternative reality :S

http://clivebest.com/blog/?p=2208

>You are living in an alternative reality

The graph you posted shows averages dropping from 2005 to 2010, then conveniently leaves off any other data.

In reality, here are the temperature anomalies from 2005 to 2010:

Year NOAA GISTEMP
2005 0.66 0.69
2006 0.61 0.63
2007 0.61 0.66
2008 0.54 0.54
2009 0.64 0.64
2010 0.7 0.71

So instead of the cooling your made-up graph showed, in reality it was warming.

brenthutch

***>Problem: Observations do not match climate model predictions and undermine AGW theory.

You are living in an alternative reality :S

http://clivebest.com/blog/?p=2208

You should really take a look at figure three again. I realize you probably too a look at it already and it's probably where you've drawn your conclusions from.

It's also a great example of fucking with graphics in order to have them support a pet hypothesis as opposed to being honest.

Can you spot the shenanigans?

Please see attached.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

> And I give a shit, just not in make believe crappy data.

Then why do you so regularly post make believe crappy data? If you give a shit, why not make the effort and get the source data and do your own analysis? All the data is readily available.

brenthutch

Problem: Observations do not match climate model predictions and undermine AGW theory.

Science says: AGW theory is flawed.

NOAA says: No problem, we will just molest the observational data until it agrees with our flawed models.

Whistle blower reveals the subterfuge, new EPA administrator has his staff eliminate the data manipulation and POOF, there goes AGW.

Yup, you keep spouting these alternative truths. And the glaciers just keep on melting.........
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

> And I give a shit, just not in make believe crappy data.

Then why do you so regularly post make believe crappy data? If you give a shit, why not make the effort and get the source data and do your own analysis? All the data is readily available.

Ssssshhhh China, Japan, the EU, Canada, Australia,the scientists from 196 countries(including US) over 21 years. They are all engaged in a conspiracy. Only BriteBart News knows the truth. China and the other 195 countries are conspiring against the USA. China, the EU, Berkshire Hathaway are all spending trillions of dollars to reduce greenhouse emissions. All to trick the US. Its all very cunning, underhanded. Likely a million scientists with bachelor degrees or higher.All wrong. All conspiring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_United_Nations_Climate_Change_Conference

http://unfccc.int/meetings/paris_nov_2015/meeting/8926.php

http://www.wclimate.com/world-climate-summit-2015/

Naturally direct personal observations of shrinking glaciers in the Rocky mountains must be wrong too.

kallend

I've been warning about the Mail for years now.

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=forum_35&search_string=daily+mail+&search_type=AND&search_fields=sbjbdy&search_time=&search_user_username=kallend&sb=score&mh=25

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:
the Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
the Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jakee

***Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:

Outstanding quotatation!B|

Didn't realise you guys knew about the Ministry for Administrative Affairs;)

It was back in college that I happened to catch a few episodes on the local PBS station.
Years later after subscribing to Netflix, I found the entire set was on DVD and watched it.
Right now I'm going through them again, just finishing the 2nd DVD.

I have never seen political satire done better.
And even after all these years it is still applicable.
The episode about a government database, and the one about surveillance are remarkably relevant today.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I've been warning about the Mail for years now.

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=forum_35&search_string=daily+mail+&search_type=AND&search_fields=sbjbdy&search_time=&search_user_username=kallend&sb=score&mh=25

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:
the Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;
The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;
The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;
the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;
the Financial Times is read by people who own the country;
the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country;
and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

:D

I have to admit I enjoy the British tabloids from time to time. You can have a laugh and put the brain in park at the same time.

>It looks like you are confusing the messenger with the message.

The messenger swallowed the message hook, line and sinker. He was duped and manipulated by yet another dishonest climate change denial. It's a good lesson to go with the science and not angry right wing rhetoric.

billvon

>It looks like you are confusing the messenger with the message.

The messenger swallowed the message hook, line and sinker. He was duped and manipulated by yet another dishonest climate change denial. It's a good lesson to go with the science and not angry right wing rhetoric.

"Dr John Bates, a top NOAA scientist with an impeccable reputation"

>"Dr John Bates, a top NOAA scientist with an impeccable reputation"

Yep. What did he say, exactly?

"Bates accused former colleagues of rushing their research to publication, in defiance of agency protocol. He specified that he did not believe that they manipulated the data upon which the research relied in any way."

http://www.snopes.com/2017/02/08/noaa-scientists-climate-change-data/

Looks like you've been duped and manipulated by yet another acolyte of the religion of climate change denial.

>Shoddy science, got it.

Exactly. Less shoddy science, more real science.

>BTW when folks set their hair on fire over "hottest year ever" by a few hundredths
>of a degree, attention to detail counts.

Why are you setting your hair on fire? Let's have less histrionic BS, more real science.

jakee

***Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:

Outstanding quotatation!B|

Didn't realise you guys knew about the Ministry for Administrative Affairs;)

BTW I don't know if this commercial was shown over there, but I got a chuckle when I recognized one of the actors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOCOm9Z0YE

billvon

>Shoddy science, got it.

Exactly. Less shoddy science, more real science.

>BTW when folks set their hair on fire over "hottest year ever" by a few hundredths
>of a degree, attention to detail counts.

Why are you setting your hair on fire? Let's have less histrionic BS, more real science.

Ok, riddle me this Bill, why did NOAA scientists cut corners and violate established protocol? An agenda perhaps?
Oh BTW the "world's hottest year ever" histrionics were promulgated by you.