StreetScooby

So, my thread has been blocked...

First, let me say I'm surprised I can still login to this site right now.

And you are completely wrong about me being a racist. That's a typical left wing knee-jerk reaction to any hard issues that need to be discussed in this country today.

You are proof positive that the real discussion that needs to be had won't happen.
We are all engines of karma

StreetScooby

This is a conversation the country needs to have, now.

You lost me when you suggested that the blame for their (I won't dignify this by reducing myself to use your name for them) lot in life included factors as multiple absentee baby-daddies, indiscriminate/easy access to abortions, ingrained weak cultural standards - all of which you also placed firmly at the feet of the left-of-centre Americans who apparently have enabled all these problems.

In the manner you initiated the thread-that-has-been-deleted, can you really believe a majority of your citizens are actually capable of maintaining a civil and productive conversation on a number of sensitive emotional issues, most especially this current one?

I do not.

Unfortunately your deliberately highly inflammatory presentation makes it unlikely that any meaningful discussion of any of the points you raise will follow.

FWIW I agree that the abandonment/destruction of two-parent families is a source of many problems. Unlike you I don't blame that on "liberals". I put much of the blame on the war on drugs and other institutionalized mechanisms that end up placing a large proportion of the African-American male urban population in prison or under supervision of the judicial system. In many ways those laws were an outgrowth of earlier Jim Crow attempts to "control" the "black" population. I do not think it was "liberals" who pushed for these laws, nor are "liberals" the prime beneficiaries of the prisonocracy.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Unfortunately your deliberately highly inflammatory presentation makes it unlikely that any meaningful discussion of any of the points you raise will follow.

FWIW I agree that the abandonment/destruction of two-parent families is a source of many problems. Unlike you I don't blame that on "liberals". I put much of the blame on the war on drugs and other institutionalized mechanisms that end up placing a large proportion of the African-American male urban population in prison or under supervision of the judicial system. In many ways those laws were an outgrowth of earlier Jim Crow attempts to "control" the "black" population. I do not think it was "liberals" who pushed for these laws, nor are "liberals" the prime beneficiaries of the prisonocracy.

Don

Listen to John Ehrlichman (assistant to Nixon):

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

Source: http://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You've been on here for what, 11 years?

You really should already know any incendiary threads that violate the rules of the site that gets shit-canned, leaves zero tolerance for bitching about it in another thread posted on the same site.

Just FYI... I've seen this before, and the offending poster usually gets banned just for bitching about it.

It's no democracy on here. It's ruled by a man with a red hot fork. ;)

Whatever the legitimacy that may have existed in the ongoing points you were to proffer was lost in the quality of your word usage. As un-pc as I pride myself to be, there are just some words in the lexicon albeit, rare that should never be used and you used one of those words. Further, you handed those not of like view the very weapon to use against you. I hope this is a lesson well learned. You're lucky. Had I been the moderator, you'd be looking at a minimum 1 year ban off DZ.com, not jut this forum.

StreetScooby

As I figured, the moderators were not going to let my thread go. Too bad.

When making a point on a flashpoint subject, it is usually best to avoid verbiage that can be used to invalidate your thesis.

If people are being mean poopyheads, you don't gain much ground by calling them 'mean poopyheads.' If you provide the data and let people draw their own conclusions, those that are willing to figure it out will be on the side of 'gosh, those guys sound like mean poopyheads,' and those on the opposite side will say 'hey, he's making them out to be mean poopyheads!'

The protagonist in one of Kurt Vonnegut's novels (Deadeye Dick?) noted that he did not resort to profanity, since it gave simple minds the grounds to avoid thinking about the point.

The reason I can't read Ann Coulter is not the content of her arguments, it's the volume. I would have to wear earplugs to get far enough into her dissertation to find out if she has a point hidden amongst the snark.

I refuse to use the term coined by Jesse Jackson - 'African Americans' - since it is purely racist. Moroccans, Egyptians and Boers immigrants are more surely 'African Americans' than the mixed race people to whom the term ostensibly applies, but they are excluded by dint of race.

Martin Luther King used the term 'negro,' and so do I. If the definition is appropriate and unambiguous, mincing words serves only to obfuscate the issue.

Anyone who has had much exposure to the American Negro Experience is aware that, regardless of the enmity of others, real or imagined, the American Negro Community is its own worst enemy.

For all the claims that everyone else is intent upon their failure, I can not think of much of anyone who would object to the transformation of that particular minority into a massively productive and responsible community, where the primary concerns are education, taxes and financial issues rather than welfare, gangs, larceny, shootings, illegitimate offspring, drug and alcohol addiction and so forth.

For all the bitching about stereotypes, I have repeatedly been amazed by how many people work very hard to foster them. Whether it be bikers who take lessons to appear to be badasses, girls to put a great deal of time and money into appearing to be trollops, or people who otherwise spend a great deal of time and money to appear to be one thing or another (rich, smart, what have you).

A suggestion is to make your point without worrying about bringing anyone around to your way of thinking. Often things are so obvious that people that disagree with the obvious are working hard at maintaining their denial.

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is not a king, he's a pariah.

BSBD,

Winsor

Anyone who has had much exposure to the American Negro Experience is aware that, regardless of the enmity of others, real or imagined, the American Negro Community is its own worst enemy.

What is this "community"? You suggest some kind of homogeneity that I don't see, any more than Charles Krauthammer and Charles Manson are representative of a "community" of white folks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

What is this "community"? You suggest some kind of homogeneity that I don't see, any more than Charles Krauthammer and Charles Manson are representative of a "community" of white folks.

I make reference to the self-isolation of 'people of color' in various municipalities, and to the norms imposed therein.

Black Media are quite specific about what constitutes 'blackness,' and what are criteria for being an 'Uncle Tom' or an 'Oreo,' and these standards are applied operationally, to a greater or lesser extent, across the American Negro population.

Your educational discipline requires an understanding of the difference between analytic and stochastic processes (e.g., laminar vs. turbulent flow), so you understand that a statistical correlation does not mean that 'all Catholics are...' or 'no Masons are...'

I'll go with 'better than even odds' here.

SkyDekker

self-isolation

Funny stuff.

I make reference to studies that showed that, for various reasons, peoples moving into an area tend to agglomerate.

Without red-lining, it was found that negroes moving into Champaign-Urbana, for example, would pay a premium to buy into a largely black neighborhood.

There are neighborhoods where the population is predominantly Italian, Polish, Cambodian, or Somali. Some people will not venture out of an environment where they can do all their business in some variant of Spanish.

Some isolation is economic, where you go where you can afford, and other isolation is voluntary. I made reference to the voluntary variety, and I am sure you can find references to support what I describe.

winsor

self-isolation

Funny stuff.

I make reference to studies that showed that, for various reasons, peoples moving into an area tend to agglomerate.

Without red-lining, it was found that negroes moving into Champaign-Urbana, for example, would pay a premium to buy into a largely black neighborhood.

There are neighborhoods where the population is predominantly Italian, Polish, Cambodian, or Somali. Some people will not venture out of an environment where they can do all their business in some variant of Spanish.

Some isolation is economic, where you go where you can afford, and other isolation is voluntary. I made reference to the voluntary variety, and I am sure you can find references to support what I describe.

White people do the same thing and it isn't a problem. Why is it a problem for "people of colour" as you put it?

kallend

This, sir, borders on treating people as individuals.

I believe statements, today, about treating people as individuals is now considered a "Micro-aggression"

- an HR person will be by shortly to provide sensitivity and multi-cultural re-training

....I'm here to help....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

self-isolation

Funny stuff.

White people do the same thing and it isn't a problem. Why is it a problem for "people of colour" as you put it?

I do not recall either thinking or saying that it was a problem.

After being indoctrinated with the idea that 'the ghetto' was universally involuntary, I found it interesting when I first read an article in which people explained why they would pay 10-15% more for a house in a 'ghetto' neighborhood than in one with a mixed background (in Champaign/Urbana the population is massively diverse).

Whether it is good or bad, and the whys and wherefores, really depends on whom you ask.

winsor

The reason I can't read Ann Coulter is not the content of her arguments, it's the volume. I would have to wear earplugs to get far enough into her dissertation to find out if she has a point hidden amongst the snark.

I read her weekly column, but yeah....the snark is THICK! I call her more a bitchy cheerleader for the right. It's really not that long of a weekly column and sometimes I like it...but many times it's like she can't think of anything useful to argue about and belabors some meaningless event that no one cares or ought to care about.