rushmc

More on the 97% farse.

The111

***People saying that another 2 degF is going to destroy our way of life are less than fully informed, IMO.

Less than fully informed: using an increment of change as a discussion point, when rate of change is what matters.

If temps go up at the rate of 2F/century (a randomly chosen value for the sake of illustrating something that should be obvious), then you get to enjoy the rest of your life. In a couple millennia (a relatively short time on a planetary scale), no humans will be enjoying any life.

A notion based on nothing more than your feelings... Thanks for playing.

FYI, this human (and his family) have been able to withstand a 20 degree F rate of temperture rise on this very day, the horror....

>FYI, this human (and his family) have been able to withstand a 20 degree F rate of
>temperture rise on this very day, the horror....

So you - or someone in your family - had a 20F rise in their body temperature and you didn't really care? Somehow I doubt that.

billvon

>FYI, this human (and his family) have been able to withstand a 20 degree F rate of

So you - or someone in your family - had a 20F rise in their body temperature and you didn't really care? Somehow I doubt that.

"Body temperture"? Who is twisting now?

brenthutch

***>FYI, this human (and his family) have been able to withstand a 20 degree F rate of

"Body temperture"? Who is twisting now?

Don't blame others for your own sloppy thinking and sloppier writing.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

>They were however in nearly unanimous agreement that it was not a bird of prey.

You sure you're not taking lessons on twisting from RushMC?

You are projecting yet again
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

brenthutch

***>Source?

For your claim that 97% of scientists believed that a cat killed the Taung child? Sure.

========================
Lee Berger, senior palaeoanthropologist at Johannesburg's University of the Witwatersrand: "For eighty years we thought that a mammal, maybe a leopard had killed the little Taung child. What we can now prove beyond reasonable doubt is that this little child, 3-and-half-years-old, living two million years ago, was killed by a large predatory bird of prey."

http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/fee52ade219e8ae480d0e13d2713ed47
=========================

So no, 97% of scientists did not believe it was a cat. They didn't know what killed it. They thought it was - perhaps - a mammal. It wasn't until about ten years ago that they determined to a good level of accuracy what killed him.

They were however in nearly unanimous agreement that it was not a bird of prey. Until they were not.

Have you noticed Bill has not responded to the temp drop comment I posted earlier?

The fastest temp drop for two months in (if I can remember)the last 38 years?

It has the alarmist world in a bit of a twitter......
Abraham Lincoln

I thinks soon we will also see them blame temp drops (if the continue) on the La Niña that is currently taking hold. But they will never say any temp increases may have come from El Niño conditions.

Just something to watch for
Abraham Lincoln

>"Body temperture"? Who is twisting now?

(Brenthutch, sensing he is getting lost in his own examples, tries desperately to change the subject)

But let's return to the subject here.

RushMC says that the 97% number is a "farse." You agree. But then you say "OK, so maybe it IS 97%, but 97% of scientists have been wrong before." You then give several examples where you believe 97% of scientists were wrong, but you mess that up too. So then you said "well, OK so what if they are right. Who cares about 2 degrees? My family and I went up 20 degrees F in one day! Oh, wait, not US, I meant the environment we are in. If WE went up 20F that would be completely different."

Thank you, once again, for proving my point.

billvon

(Brenthutch, sensing he is getting lost in his own examples, tries desperately to change the subject)

RushMC says that the 97% number is a "farse." You agree. But then you say "OK, so maybe it IS 97%, but 97% of scientists have been wrong before." You then give several examples where you believe 97% of scientists were wrong, but you mess that up too. So then you said "well, OK so what if they are right. Who cares about 2 degrees? My family and I went up 20 degrees F in one day! Oh, wait, not US, I meant the environment we are in. If WE went up 20F that would be completely different."

you have no point Bill
You dance around a tree like squirrel getting chased by a cat and then think you have proven something

Sorry
Don't work that way

But it is fun to see you pulling your crap on someone else for a change

But is still does not work

I know I know, you think you are clever

I get it[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>People saying that another 2 degF is going to destroy our way of life are less than fully
>informed, IMO.

And people that say that another 2 degrees F will have no possible negative effects are even less informed.

However, the bad will not outweigh the good.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

I get it

I'm sure there is a 97% consensus on here that you don't.

Now THAT made up figure I would make a bet on!

But then, one of your most used and seemingly favorite claims, you like use against then those you disagree with is shown here

......again

:D
Abraham Lincoln

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jul/07/us-june-hottest-temperature-record-climate-disasters

Worldwide, heat records have been broken for 13 months in a row, an unprecedented streak of warmth that has stunned climate scientists and heightened concerns over the future livability of parts of the planet.

Farse my arse.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Sure, because when I want to know what is going on in the overwhelming consensus of scientific research, the first place I go to is the Social Science Research Network, a singular group dedicated to disputing the overwhelming consensus of scientific research.

got it.

More on the "farse" -

=======================
First Six Months of 2016 Were the Warmest on Record for the Planet, NOAA Says

Jul 19 2016 12:15 PM EDT
By Chris Dolce
weather.com

The first half of 2016 was the warmest on record for the Earth, dating back to 1880.

All-time monthly records for the globe have now been set 14 months in a row.

Earth has recorded its warmest first half of any year dating to 1880, according to NOAA's global State of the Climate report released on Tuesday. In fact, each month so far this year has seen record warmth, the report added.

Furthermore, June marked the 14th consecutive warmest month on record for the globe. It's the longest stretch of months in a row that a global temperature record has been set, according to NOAA's dataset.

. . . .

The graphic below illustrates how warm the first half of 2016 has been, compared to the warmest seven years on record. The black line on the graph represents the departure from average temperature so far this year in 2016 by month. As you can see, it's well above the seven warmest years to date on record for January through June.
==========================
https://weather.com/news/climate/news/record-warmest-june-earth-first-half-2016

billvon

Don't be so pedantic, the point I was making was that science has nothing to do with consensus. I guess if "majoring in the minors" is your only card, I suppose you have to play it.

Somewhat "alarming", from Time Magazine, a bastion of liberal alamism.

The coming warm spell is just a taste of future summers when heat waves will be stronger and more frequent. Recent research has shown that average summer temperatures post-2050 will regularly top today’s records, unless there are efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions. “Extremely hot summers always pose a challenge to society,” said Flavio Lehner, a researcher at National Center for Atmospheric Research, following the release of a study on summer heat. “Such summers are a true test of our adaptability to rising temperatures.”

http://time.com/4411768/heat-dome-heat-wave-summer-weather/?xid=homepage
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Global Temperatures Are Mostly Fake

More to think about.

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/07/global-temperatures-are-mostly-fake/

And interesting email

And they made up much of their southern hemisphere ocean data.

date: Wed Apr 15 14:29:03 2009
from: Phil Jones subject: Re: Fwd: Re: contribution to RealClimate.org
to: Thomas Crowley

Tom,

The issue Ray alludes to is that in addition to the issue
of many more drifters providing measurements over the last
5-10 years, the measurements are coming in from places where
we didn’t have much ship data in the past. For much of the SH between 40 and 60S the normals are mostly made up as there is very little ship data there.

Cheers
Phil

Abraham Lincoln