brenthutch

Shocking results from CDC gun violence study!

brenthutch

******>Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

And yet you claimed that your post came from the CDC. Why did you lie?

In what way did I lie?

The first line from my post was:

"Here are some key findings from the CDC report..." I did not say "here is the CDC report", you were kind enough to provide that.

You ripped it off from another source without attribution. That is called "plagiarism" and is dishonest.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

*********>Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

In what way did I lie?

"Here are some key findings from the CDC report..." I did not say "here is the CDC report", you were kind enough to provide that.

You ripped it off from another source without attribution. That is called "plagiarism" and is dishonest.

So if I provided a footnote, stating I got this from Facebook, you would be onboard?

kallend

*********>Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

In what way did I lie?

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you it means"
http://youtu.be/wujVMIYzYXg
pla·gia·rism
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

If anyone is guilty of plagiarism, it is Guns and Ammo.

From the CDC report:
Between the years 2000-2010 firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups...

Guns and Ammo
The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides...

brenthutch

************>Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

In what way did I lie?

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you it means"
http://youtu.be/wujVMIYzYXg
pla·gia·rism
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

If anyone is guilty of plagiarism, it is Guns and Ammo.

From the CDC report:
Between the years 2000-2010 firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups...

Guns and Ammo
The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides...

All you do is dig the hole deeper. A perfect example of Dunning-Kruger effect.

>If anyone is guilty of plagiarism, it is Guns and Ammo.

Why do you say that? Is it because you copied it from Guns and Ammo? If so, that's the first time you have admitted that. Congratulations for finally deciding to come clean after 78 posts. Better late than never I guess.

billvon

Why do you say that? Is it because you copied it from Guns and Ammo? If so, that's the first time you have admitted that. Congratulations for finally deciding to come clean after 78 posts. Better late than never I guess.

I got it from a Facebook post, I did not know it came from Guns and Ammo, that said, what difference does it make? G&A just parroted the Obama's CDC's report on gun violence.

brenthutch

***>If anyone is guilty of plagiarism, it is Guns and Ammo.

I got it from a Facebook post, I did not know it came from Guns and Ammo, that said, what difference does it make?

QED

billvon

All of those posts and you have yet to address the CONTENT of the OP. [:/]

brenthutch

I got it from a Facebook post, I did not know it came from Guns and Ammo, that said, what difference does it make? G&A just parroted the Obama's CDC's report on gun violence.

So you got it from Facebook, never checked where it came from, never checked validity and then post it here as fact.

No wonder you know better than scientists.

I'll comment on your OP. The subject line is misleading, there is nothing "shocking" in the CDC report. You are incorrect about the date of the report.

The most notable and often overlooked fact you list there is that suicides account for the vast majority of gun deaths in America.

Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
(King-Van Zandt, 1975)
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

brenthutch

***What hole? Take time out from grading 19 year old's papers at your community college, and explain to me in granular detail (because I am just a slack jawed hayseed) the hole I am digging. Dunning-Kruger effect indeed. [:/]

At least this time you are copying your own words and not someone else's. But it just reinforces the point.

billvon

Why is how the information so important.

This seems like just a distraction from what you don't want to admit.

So fucking what - it was a paraphrase - and yes, anyone with a brain can see the statements are not exactly identical, but they are both correct in spirit and meaning.

Sorry you don't like the message - but it is what it is.

Sorry you have to now try to find a way to discredit a government organization.

Get over the stupid semantics of the issue and address the content of what the CDC actually did say.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

******What hole? Take time out from grading 19 year old's papers at your community college, and explain to me in granular detail (because I am just a slack jawed hayseed) the hole I am digging. Dunning-Kruger effect indeed. [:/]

At least this time you are copying your own words and not someone else's. But it just reinforces the point.

Jeebus - you all remind me of "That depends on what the meaning of 'Is' is." Group.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

gowlerk

I'll comment on your OP. The subject line is misleading, there is nothing "shocking" in the CDC report. You are incorrect about the date of the report.

The most notable and often overlooked fact you list there is that suicides account for the vast majority of gun deaths in America.

Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
(King-Van Zandt, 1975)

Gimme Back My Bullets
Rossington/Van Zandt

turtlespeed

Why is how the information so important.

This seems like just a distraction from what you don't want to admit.

So fucking what - it was a paraphrase - and yes, anyone with a brain can see the statements are not exactly identical, but they are both correct in spirit and meaning.

Sorry you don't like the message - but it is what it is.

Sorry you have to now try to find a way to discredit a government organization.

Get over the stupid semantics of the issue and address the content of what the CDC actually did say.

They can't process the information, their collective minds are blown and their panties are firmly bunched. They feel confused and betrayed, the CDC report was not supposed to come out that way. Kallend, per usual, has to resort to ad hominem attacks as he lacks the capacity to engage on an intellectual level, and BillV can't get beyond Guns and Ammo.

Let the music play, me don't want no more gun-play
When the bodies hit the ground, there's nothing let to say ay ay
Me don't want to see no more innocent blood shed
Me don't want to see no more youth dead
Come hear me now

-Snoop

They can't process the information,

Says the guy who gets his information from Facebook.

the CDC report was not supposed to come out that way

Funny stuff, considering it came out 3 years ago.

lacks the capacity to engage on an intellectual level

Says the guy who wants to discuss a facebook post, regurgitating 3 year old information. But, since he just saw it on facebook recently, thinks it is new information.

Gimme Back My Bullets
Rossington/Van Zandt

That song is about regret, a little open to interpretation. But I interpret it as a wish that those bullets were never fired, that they were back in the chamber that they came from. It's certainly not a song about wanting more ammo.

Edit to say I'm wrong. It's a song about their career being stalled, the bullets were chart posistion "with a bullet". But still, not about ammo.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1704
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.