brenthutch

Shocking results from CDC gun violence study!

billvon

>you have had enough Kool Aid.

When you can't even admit where you copied something from, you know you've got an agenda.

I'm sorry Bill I am not sure what your point is. Are you disputing the findings of the CDC? Again an apparent message/messenger inversion. Please refer back to my National Review/Mao's Little Red Book reference.

My only agenda is the truth.

Hooknswoop

Is the study true or not?

It's not a study, and therefore your question doesn't really make sense.

But according to itself - "none of the existing databases, alone or combined, provide “comprehensive, timely, and accurate data needed to answer many important questions pertaining to the role of firearms in violent events" - it doesn't know if it's true.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

>The information is from the CDC

You are lying.

I downloaded the original CDC report and did a search for the very first conclusion in your post: "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker." It was not in the report. Either you made it up or you got it somewhere else that you are afraid to admit.

If you ever feel like being honest about your sources, let us know.

brenthutch

The information is from the CDC,

The additional editorial commentary isn't.

I was made aware of it via a Facebook post,

You don't check the stuff you see on Facebook?:S

>Show me, if I am wrong I will gladly admit it.

Sure. Here is the CDC study:

http://www.nap.edu/catalog/18319/priorities-for-research-to-reduce-the-threat-of-firearm-related-violence

Download it in PDF form. Now search for the term "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker." See if you can find it.

billvon

>Show me, if I am wrong I will gladly admit it.

Sure. Here is the CDC study:

http://www.nap.edu/catalog/18319/priorities-for-research-to-reduce-the-threat-of-firearm-related-violence

Download it in PDF form. Now search for the term "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker." See if you can find it.

Do you mean this?

"defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was “used” by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies (Kleck, 1988; Kleck and DeLone, 1993; Southwick, 2000; Tark and Kleck, 2004). "

Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker.", so I understand if you can't make the connection, but trust me it means the same thing.

brenthutch

Show me, if I am wrong I will gladly admit it.

You said the post was attributable to the CDC with no additional editorial content. But it does contain additional editorial content from a partisan anti-gun control source, which you appear to have now realised: Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

So could you admit that you were wrong about that, please?

No I will not, editorialize and summarize are not the same thing.
I can't believe that I am wasting my time responding to someone who is not even European anymore :D

ed·i·to·ri·al·ize
(of a newspaper, editor, or broadcasting organization) make comments or express opinions rather than just report the facts

sum·ma·rize
give a brief statement of the main points of
synonyms: sum up, abridge, condense, encapsulate

Hooknswoop

Are you only going to start listening when something crops up that you want to hear?

I actually want to discuss the issue.

Then why not discuss my previous answer instead of endlessly repeating an overly simplistic question that does not have an answer?