brenthutch

Shocking results from CDC gun violence study!

jakee

***No I will not,

What a surprise:S

Please don't tell me that you can not get your head around the difference between "editorial commentary" and a summary.

What is your point? Let's just say I got it from a FOX news website, does that invalidate the CDC study? I know it must be difficult for you, BillV, Kallend and others, when your world view runs into the cold cruel wall of reality, but you are just going to have to get over it.

brenthutch

The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

WHAT YOU POSTED was a cut and paste of a spin job from Guns and Ammo written in 2013.

That may not have been where you got it from, but that is where it originated. It then went the rounds of the loony gun-nut sites.

You are intellectually DISHONEST by claiming it was from the CDC and by not admitting that you plagiarized it in the first place.

If it were not for forum rules I'd tell you what I really think of you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

WHAT YOU POSTED was a cut and paste of a spin job from Guns and Ammo written in 2013.

From the CDC report:
Between the years 2000-2010 firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups...

Guns and Ammo point summary:
The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides...

Those manipulative spin-doctoring bastards!

kallend

It's funny watching you get goaded with your own prodding stick.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

******The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

From the CDC report:
Between the years 2000-2010 firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups...

kallend

It's funny watching you get goaded with your own prodding stick.

Is one sentence ALL you could find that was accurate?

You are as bad as brenthutch.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

*********The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

From the CDC report:

Is one sentence ALL you could find that was accurate?

From the CDC report:
There is empirical evidence that gun turn in programs are ineffective...

Spin doctors:
Gun buyback/turn-in programs are “ineffective” in reducing crime...

Would you care to explain how that is inaccurate, or provide something constructive in terms of how we can make these programs more effective?

Maybe you and your buddies can take up a collection as there might be a few guns I'd be willing to part with for the right price - maybe it'll help save a couple squirrels, or maybe even a deer!

kallend

***The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

That may not have been where you got it from, but that is where it originated. It then went the rounds of the loony gun-nut sites.

You are intellectually DISHONEST by claiming it was from the CDC and by not admitting that you plagiarized it in the first place.

BillV please suspend the forum rules for just this one time, I really want to know how awesome Kallend thinks I am.

kallend

How remarkably adolescent.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hooknswoop

So, according to this cdc report, mass shootings, ar-15's, and concealed carry are not a problem. Buy back programs and assault weapon band are ineffective.

This must be why John and others are attacking the player and not the ball.

Derek V

It is counterintuitive to their world belief system - They are not able to process it without bias - so this is the result.

It's hilarious watching those players say that the evidence on climate change is detrimental to the world, all the while belittling people that have cynical minds and don't believe the whole story. They have so much contempt and ire toward them.

Then when they are given their own arguments back - they rear back and insult and claim they are afraid to express their true feelings about soon they simply disagree with.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***So, according to this cdc report, mass shootings, ar-15's, and concealed carry are not a problem. Buy back programs and assault weapon band are ineffective.

Derek V

It is counterintuitive to their world belief system - They are not able to process it without bias - so this is the result.

It's hilarious watching those players say that the evidence on climate change is detrimental to the world, all the while belittling people that have cynical minds and don't believe the whole story. They have so much contempt and ire toward them.

Then when they are given their own arguments back - they rear back and insult and claim they are afraid to express their true feelings about soon they simply disagree with.

And the best part is their utter lack of self awareness. They really think they are the smart ones.

brenthutch

The information is from the CDC, I was made aware of it via a Facebook post, in much the same way you were made aware of it from me. I know the truth hurts when it does not comport with your world view but that is just something that you are going to have to get used to.

Facebook post? There's your problem.

nolhtairt

Facebook post? There's your problem.

Why is that a problem?

billvon

>Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

And yet you claimed that your post came from the CDC. Why did you lie?

In what way did I lie?

The first line from my post was:

"Here are some key findings from the CDC report..." I did not say "here is the CDC report", you were kind enough to provide that.

brenthutch

"Here are some key findings from the CDC report..." I did not say "here is the CDC report", you were kind enough to provide that.

Here is some corroboration to your OP published 22 June 2016.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/22/america-is-awash-in-guns-and-crime-is-at-record-lows/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/22/america-is-awash-in-guns-and-crime-is-at-record-lows/

They won't even read it, as it did not come from a left leaning source. [:/] Now if it was the HuffPo or the Daily Kos, they might take a gander

RonD1120

Yeah, sure:

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

It just depends on how numbers are presented ... :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

christelsabine

Yeah, sure

Are you able to articulate (put into words) the part of the article that you object to, and why?

christelsabine

Those numbers are still consistent with the fact that the gun homicide rate is significantly lower compared to that of 20 years ago when there were less guns per person.

billvon

Slow down, wipe the spittle off your monitor and take a deep breath! You are so angry you're starting to skip entire words in your replies.

I came late to the party but I do not find that the quoted portions of the CDC study conflicts with the stance that Second Amendment advocates have had since JFK was shot. And there is no spittle on my monitor.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

brenthutch

******So, according to this cdc report, mass shootings, ar-15's, and concealed carry are not a problem. Buy back programs and assault weapon band are ineffective.

Derek V

And the best part is their utter lack of self awareness. They really think they are the smart ones.

Oh, they are smart.
I have a lot of respect for their intelligence.
You don't get to be a tenured physics professor by being stupid.

brenthutch

***>Now I know it doesn't say, "Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker."

And yet you claimed that your post came from the CDC. Why did you lie?

In what way did I lie?

The first line from my post was: