quade

"Islamic Law, Homosexuality and the ‘Pulse’ Massacre" by SHAYKH ATABEK

Islamic private schools

normiss wrote:
So, exactly like the bible as it is written in Leviticus.

Since when is a bible a school text book? Only in bible school that is not mandatory for people to attend.
Would you be ok with the bible being mandatory reading in public schools?

Did you miss the part about private school? I know in my local Catholic school the bible is required reading as is it at the local "MegaChurch" school. That school in particular uses the bible in just about every class- History, Science, Biology, religion and other classes all use verses and chapters as part of the development of the lessons based on the conversations I've had with someone that was unfortunate enough to go there. They were taught directly from the bible history from creation in 7 days up to the end of the bible and that all other sources were incorrect, man and dinosaurs walked together, Women were created from a rib of man and just about the rest of the stuff in there. This is also a church that asks for your W2's at the end of the year and your checking account number so they can direct bill you your tithe each month in case you forget to come to a service or two....
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

normiss

I didn't realize that the bible was an elementary school text book.

Wh knew.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

PhreeZone

Islamic private schools

normiss wrote:

Since when is a bible a school text book? Only in bible school that is not mandatory for people to attend.
Would you be ok with the bible being mandatory reading in public schools?

Did you miss the part about private school? I know in my local Catholic school the bible is required reading as is it at the local "MegaChurch" school. That school in particular uses the bible in just about every class- History, Science, Biology, religion and other classes all use verses and chapters as part of the development of the lessons based on the conversations I've had with someone that was unfortunate enough to go there. They were taught directly from the bible history from creation in 7 days up to the end of the bible and that all other sources were incorrect, man and dinosaurs walked together, Women were created from a rib of man and just about the rest of the stuff in there. This is also a church that asks for your W2's at the end of the year and your checking account number so they can direct bill you your tithe each month in case you forget to come to a service or two....

Why is everyone avoiding the FACT that the books they are making the children read demand that a death sentance be given to any homosexuals?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Why is everyone avoiding the FACT that the books they are making the children read demand that a death sentance be given to any homosexuals?

I think first you'd have to determine something; is that a FACT or simply what somebody is saying is a fact?

I haven't read the book in question. Have you?

Do you know if we could even check that out? Do we have enough information?

Do you read Arabic? Do we know if the reported translation is what was intended?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

SkyDekker

Why is everyone avoiding the FACT

You already know this is a fact? It is an opinion piece from a heavily biased website "journalist".

I guess since it sort of agrees with your worldview, the path to FACT is quickly travelled.

OK - Call it an assumption - assume it is real - your arguments make it sound like you have no objection to it.

Why get outraged over an assumption? There are enough facts to get upset about.

Quite frankly, this attitude is what is making things so much worse. People are turning bullshit into "facts", getting people incensed, leading to rash judgements and actions.

JerryBaumchen

Hi rush,

You all run in groups

Let me get this straight; everyone here is wrong except you, yes/no?

Hmmmmm, only in rush-speak.

Jerry Baumchen

Let me get this straight.

You think I am the only one?

Only in Jerry la la land......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

Why get outraged over an assumption? There are enough facts to get upset about.

Quite frankly, this attitude is what is making things so much worse. People are turning bullshit into "facts", getting people incensed, leading to rash judgements and actions.

Is it bullshit if it's true?

turtlespeed

***Why get outraged over an assumption? There are enough facts to get upset about.

If you repeat unconfirmed reports as "FACT," that's bullshit.

Part of my problem with people on all sides is they're unwilling to do even the most basic research to see if something being circulated is actually a fact or simply bullshit being said to whip up fears.

Sometimes there's going to be a grey area where there is simply a difference in opinion about conclusions based on facts, but the facts themselves aren't in question.

I can deal with people talking about differences of opinion about conclusions, fine. But if person is saying something is a fact and there is no evidence of that and further there is no way for me to check it out, I have far less interest in the person's conclusions and want to know if it really is a fact or some somebody making stuff up.
quade -

quade

******Why get outraged over an assumption? There are enough facts to get upset about.

If you repeat unconfirmed reports as "FACT," that's bullshit.

Part of my problem with people on all sides is they're unwilling to do even the most basic research to see if something being circulated is actually a fact or simply bullshit being said to whip up fears.

Sometimes there's going to be a grey area where there is simply a difference in opinion about conclusions based on facts, but the facts themselves aren't in question.

I can deal with people talking about differences of opinion about conclusions, fine. But if person is saying something is a fact and there is no evidence of that and further there is no way for me to check it out, I have far less interest in the person's conclusions and want to know if it really is a fact or some somebody making stuff up.

All you have to do is look for t - but you don't want to see it - so I'll make it harder for you to ignore.

Screen shot of the book. Also with a Translation.

turtlespeed

All you have to do is look for t - but you don't want to see it - so I'll make it harder for you to ignore.

I saw THAT the first time it was posted.

I go back to the comments I previously made though about checking such things.

Is that really a page from a book being used in Canadian private schools?

Is that translation a credible one? Does it actually say what the writer of the article on a clearly biased web site says it does?

Do YOU read Arabic? I know I don't. I therefore have NO way of really knowing what is true or false in this particular case. I can not therefore state what is being said in the article as being a fact.

I can no more hold it as FACT than I can if I read some 9/11 conspiracy blog that nano-thermite took down the Twin Towers on 9/11.
quade -

quade

***All you have to do is look for t - but you don't want to see it - so I'll make it harder for you to ignore.

Is that translation a credible one? Does it actually say what the writer of the article on a clearly biased web site says it does?

Do YOU read Arabic? I know I don't. I therefore have NO way of really knowing what is true or false in this particular case. I can not therefore state what is being said in the article as being a fact.

I can no more hold it as FACT than I can if I read some 9/11 conspiracy blog that nano-thermite took down the Twin Towers on 9/11.

Uh huh.

turtlespeed

There was never any doubt some Muslims have killed gays simply for being gay. That's not in question any more than it is in question that some Christians have killed gays for simply being gay.

The question is whether it's a systemic issue, or an extremist issue.
quade -

quade

There was never any doubt some Muslims have killed gays simply for being gay. That's not in question any more than it is in question that some Christians have killed gays for simply being gay.

The question is whether it's a systemic issue, or an extremist issue.
Didn't read the article, did you?

quade

***All you have to do is look for t - but you don't want to see it - so I'll make it harder for you to ignore.

HOLY CRAP -
I just figured it who you sound like.

You sound like RushMC and global warming.

Turtle, you are, and I'm afraid you always will be, simply nothing more than a sad, internet troll.

You bring absolutely nothing of value whatsoever to any conversation I've ever seen. Not a damn thing.
quade -

>Why is everyone avoiding the FACT that the books they are making the children read
>demand that a death sentance be given to any homosexuals?

Same reason that you are avoiding the FACT that the book Christians make their children read demand that a death sentence be given to any homosexuals, I imagine.

So answer that question and you'll have the answer to your first question.

Well, as it happens, I know Turtle, too. Every now and then the real, thoughtful, Turtle emerges from his shell. But he does like stirring the pot, and I'll admit intend to just ignore those posts.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In the old days these kind of comments weren't trolls. They were just chirping noises coming from the peanut gallery. Usually with a sideways look at things. A little superficial, mostly irrelevant, but occasionally with a glimmer of wisdom. The Turtle sometimes brings us something worth reading, but mostly not. Which is true of most of us.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

quade

Turtle, you are, and I'm afraid you always will be, simply nothing more than a sad, internet troll.

You bring absolutely nothing of value whatsoever to any conversation I've ever seen. Not a damn thing.

That is funny.

Run up gnat what is blatantly obvious to everyone here using the same arguments that RushMC uses to deny Comte change - and its ME - that is trolling.

I simply made an observation.

You just didn't like he close it as to the truth.