CameraNewbie

"Young Black Kids With Guns. Is this by personal choice, peer pressure, should we blame their parents or their socioeconomic status in life? [on topic]"

CameraNewbie

"N....ain't gonna kill me"!:o

"I can't fight no mo. I'm blowing N.....up"!:o

click here to see video of black kids with guns:S:S:S

Where was that? Chicago?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I wonder how he gets that clip to work in that revolver!??

The kid doesn't have to have a real gun... a 15 yo kid here lost his life last weekend after he shot a 19 yo security guard in the face with a pellet gun. [:/] His peers who were with him at the time also had "fake" guns.

muff528

I wonder how he gets that clip to work in that revolver!??

The kid doesn't have to have a real gun... a 15 yo kid here lost his life last weekend after he shot a 19 yo security guard in the face with a pellet gun. [:/] His peers who were with him at the time also had "fake" guns.

News Flash -

That is assault with a deadly weapon.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Is it "on topic" so that we keep talking about minorities, and don't get to discuss the possibility that there are immature, illegal, or irresponsible white gun owners too?

Go ahead and say it. You know you're dying to see what the reaction is. All your buds piling on, back-slapping, yahooing in a "safe" environment (because you declared it so). Give me a fucking break.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Is it "on topic" so that we keep talking about minorities, and don't get to discuss the possibility that there are immature, illegal, or irresponsible white gun owners too?

Go ahead and say it. You know you're dying to see what the reaction is. All your buds piling on, back-slapping, yahooing in a "safe" environment (because you declared it so). Give me a fucking break.

Wendy P.

I can't ever remember seeing "white kids" or "ANY kids" romping around like those kids were. They were spouting off racial slurs by the hundreds, and have no respect for anything.

Using "black" as a descriptor must offend you. That's unfortunate. If the same video showed white kids, and you read a post called "White Kids With Guns", I seriously doubt you would have an initial post about a "safe" area for the OP to be in.

Tell us Wendy, what was the most obvious similarity with all of the kids in that video?

Overprotection a color used as a descriptor for a certain (chosen by you) people is just as harmful toward anti-racism as being so afraid of avoiding words by using their first letter.

If you can't use the N word, then you can't use the C word or the S word, or the (pick a letter) word.

It does appear that you had a very intense knee jerk reaction.

>Is it "on topic" so that we keep talking about minorities, and don't get to discuss the
>possibility that there are immature, illegal, or irresponsible white gun owners too?

Comparing the group under discussion to another group, for purposes of answering the question, is definitely on-topic.

To answer the original question, young black kids with guns are not a problem. Young black kids with guns who use them for crime are a problem. The causes are likely fairly similar for any group inclined towards crime (including young black kids, old white conservatives, Asian students, disgruntled Oregon ranchers etc) and include personal choice, peer pressure, parental influences, genetic influences, socioeconomic status, culture they are brought up in, the influence of external culture (TV, movies etc) and the attitudes of larger society towards them.

billvon

>Is it "on topic" so that we keep talking about minorities, and don't get to discuss the
>possibility that there are immature, illegal, or irresponsible white gun owners too?

Comparing the group under discussion to another group, for purposes of answering the question, is definitely on-topic.

To answer the original question, young black kids with guns are not a problem. Young black kids with guns who use them for crime are a problem. The causes are likely fairly similar for any group inclined towards crime (including young black kids, old white conservatives, Asian students, disgruntled Oregon ranchers etc) and include personal choice, peer pressure, parental influences, genetic influences, socioeconomic status, culture they are brought up in, the influence of external culture (TV, movies etc) and the attitudes of larger society towards them.

Genetic influence?

>Genetic influence?

Yes. IQ, for example, is partly determined by genetics. Someone who is born with a tendency towards low IQ is more likely to resort to violence - both because they will find it harder to make the same money as someone smarter, and because they will tend to be less able to see and understand the consequences of their actions.

billvon

>Genetic influence?

Yes. IQ, for example, is partly determined by genetics. Someone who is born with a tendency towards low IQ is more likely to resort to violence - both because they will find it harder to make the same money as someone smarter, and because they will tend to be less able to see and understand the consequences of their actions.

To reach the threshold you reference here (yes, I am making an assumption) is a really really low IQ.

Generally speaking, I do not think very many are that low. Anywhere.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You have a point; the video's posting was one of those "get them worked up" things that lots of people listen to people like Savage Nation, Ed Schultz, Huffpost, and Breitbart for.

I actually didn't watch the video; I don't generally go trolling any of those other places, either. I think it's stupid.

I'll bet I'd've gotten a reaction if I'd posted something about how some crackers are too stupid to own guns, and riled up one of our intrepid second amendment defenders. The selection of who objected would be somewhat predictable, wouldn't it :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

DJL

I can't ever remember seeing "white kids" or "ANY kids" romping around like those kids were.

Reminded me of this kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufdlOj1SbVo

LMFAO

what a idiot!!

Really though
I was expecting a half dozen kids shooting up beer cans in the woods or something!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

You have a point; the video's posting was one of those "get them worked up" things that lots of people listen to people like Savage Nation, Ed Schultz, Huffpost, and Breitbart for.

I actually didn't watch the video; I don't generally go trolling any of those other places, either. I think it's stupid.

I'll bet I'd've gotten a reaction if I'd posted something about how some crackers are too stupid to own guns, and riled up one of our intrepid second amendment defenders. The selection of who objected would be somewhat predictable, wouldn't it :)

Wendy P.

this is ALWAYS good.:o