Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

RonD1120

If you want to live here you will have to adopt and adapt to us

Or, if they want to live there they can live there in whatever manner they choose and if you don't like it you can fuck off somewhere else even more remote.

The reality is that is not likely to happen.

SAT

How would you stop it?

Say for instance - a Muslim black family moved in - what would you do?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>If you want to live here you will have to adopt and adapt to us.

That's true of you as well. If you want to live here, you will have to adapt to a country that was founded by undocumented immigrants, that has grown almost exclusively via an open-border immigration policy, and is now a mix of races, religions, sexualities and beliefs. If you want to live here you'll have to adapt to a society of Budweiser, margaritas, same-sex marriage, interracial marriage, kindergarten, and Muslims sharing power with Christians, Jews and atheists. If you want to live here you'll have to accept that a lot of people in the US speak Spanish and Chinese as well as English, and that we don't have a national language.

Don't want to live with our culture? Then you are free to leave - or live in a compound with other like-minded people. That way you can live your own life and leave other people free to live theirs.

This is exactly what makes America great, and also what will make Trump ultimately fail.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

live in a compound with other like-minded people. That way you can live your own life and leave other people free to live theirs.

I'm home.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

turtlespeed

I would just watch and wait and see how long it took for them to find someplace else to live. What did you think I would do?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I would just watch and wait and see how long it took for them to find someplace else to live. What did you think I would do?

I don't know. Hence the question.

Why would they want to live somewhere else?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***You fucking people... :|

I know you are, but what am I?...

US political debate, ladies and gentlemen. No wonder we end up with this shitshow.

I just responded in kind.
Maybe I shouldn't have stooped to his level.[:/]

apologies.

If everyone can keep this in mind, we'd have such better disagreements...! :D:D

;)

turtlespeed

*********Nuff Said!:)

Bringing yourself down to Trump's level.

I respectfully disagree John. Nothing Trump has said or done yet is quite as low or infantile as this.

I tell you what -

Hillary comes clean on all the back room bullshit she is involved with and becomes honest about it and I'll vote for her.

So wait.

You want Hilary to come clean about all the back room deals?

Let's ignore the fact that EVERY politician, CEO, corporate-person, etc, out there has been involved in these "backroom" deals. Let's act like this concept does not even exist. Instead, let's just distill that down, to where everyone needs to confess to their closed-door "shady" deals.

You gonna make Trump do the same thing? Because if not, then you somehow believe that Trump, a self-declared cutthroat businessman, has never had nefarious dealings. And that if he has, he has always been upfront about it and certainly never lied.

You gonna do that right?

Because otherwise it certainly seems a bit biased.

And if you TRULY believe that Trump has never done anything under the table or shady, then really there is nothing to discuss because your reality perception filter has clearly been broken.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

GTAVercetti

I tell you what -

Hillary comes clean on all the back room bullshit she is involved with and becomes honest about it and I'll vote for her.

So wait.

You gonna make Trump do the same thing?

Why? He's not voting for Trump either way, so it's irrelevant.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

RonD1120

I would just watch and wait and see how long it took for them to find someplace else to live.

Why would they find someplace else to live?

What did you think I would do?

Things that would make them 'adopt and adapt to us' or leave. Although I guess it would make sense that you're too much of a pussy to do your own dirty work and you leave it to your likeminded hicksville neighbours.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

turtlespeed

I don't know. Hence the question.

Why would they want to live somewhere else?

The way I see it, there is no good reason for them to live here.

Coreeece

I tell you what -

So wait.

Oh.

I clearly misunderstood when he said this:

"I will vote for the Don - if it's Hillary. I will vote for Bernie if not."

It IS pretty ambiguous.

jakee

I would just watch and wait and see how long it took for them to find someplace else to live.

Why would they find someplace else to live?

What did you think I would do?

Things that would make them 'adopt and adapt to us' or leave. Although I guess it would make sense that you're too much of a pussy to do your own dirty work and you leave it to your likeminded hicksville neighbours.

The way I see it, a rational person would not care to live where they are not welcome. If they choose to do so then it is to cause conflict.

For example, I would never think of living in England. It would be difficult to find Christian fellowship to counter the arrogant argumentativeness of the Brits.

I am a country boy with seven years prior experience living with mountain folk. I know the rules of acceptance. One of the first instructions I was given upon moving to the north GA mountains was to get my FL license plate off my truck.

There is a fair amount of animosity up here against Floridians. They tend to want to live up here like they did down there. They resist the adoption and adaptation of the Appalachian culture. Consequently, they are shunned, charged more for goods and services and find it difficult to obtain neighborly assistance.

If a Muslim family moved up here they would face an uphill struggle to survive comfortably. For one, they would have to drive a long distance to find a mosque. They would be shunned worse than Floridians. It would be near impossible for them to gain trust.

To overcome those obstacles they would have to change their faith from Islam to Christianity. Probably, not likely to happen.

So the bottom line is that foreigners moving here would be here to cause trouble. People being people would confront trouble with greater trouble. As BHO has instructed, bring a gun to a knife fight.

DanG

What's telling is that you think a Muslim family moving into your neighborhood is a "fight".

People like you are the reason Christianity is dying out.

Is that supposed to scare me? If I am the last Christian to make it into eternal life so be it. However, I do not think I am.

RonD1120

***What's telling is that you think a Muslim family moving into your neighborhood is a "fight".

Is that supposed to scare me? If I am the last Christian to make it into eternal life so be it. However, I do not think I am.

There is something terribly sad about your brand of Christianity. The way you twist it into justifying your hatred of the other, and then believing that your faith will redeem you no matter what you hold in your heart.

It is among the very worst of the many abuses of belief.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

would schools for their children, medical care, employment, better housing or anything like that justify "moving where you aren't welcome?"

I understand that your community doesn't really offer those things; what it does offer is the company of similarly-minded people to you, and schooling and job opportunities aren't high on your list of priorities. But maybe there are other communities where those things actually do exist.

Or maybe people of color want to move somewhere with beautiful scenery, and the opportunity to work hard and make something of themselves. You're saying that's not as important or American as whether they're the same color and religion as the prevailing community? Personally, I find that offensive. And, ya know, I'm just as much an American as you are.

I'll bet that someone who doesn't "fit in" would t get hired or promoted, either, would they? But you can still rail that affirmative action is t necessary, that qualifications are the only metric that should matter. As long as the unspoken metrics of color and religion are met.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

***What's telling is that you think a Muslim family moving into your neighborhood is a "fight".

If your fantasy book has ANY truth to it, I don't think you will be going where you think you are. Maybe you should start allocating some of your "prepper" budget to things like asbestos gear?
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

RonD1120

You are not really Christian. Christ would not have your attitude.

GTAVercetti

I tell you what -

So wait.

Oh.

I clearly misunderstood when he said this:

"I will vote for the Don - if it's Hillary. I will vote for Bernie if not."

It IS pretty ambiguous.

Oh...

...fuck

GTAVercetti

We all make mistakes. :P

Ya, my bad. A couple weeks ago turtle also said that he'd vote for Bernie over Trump to keep him out of office.

I suppose in my twisted mind, I figured that if Clint loathes Trump so much as to vote for someone that represents practically everything he has stood against in this forum, why would he ever vote for Trump, regardless?

The way I see it, a rational person would not care to live where they are not welcome. If they choose to do so then it is to cause conflict.

Or they found a job there. Or they like the scenery. Or house prices are low.

Consequently, they are shunned, charged more for goods and services and find it difficult to obtain neighborly assistance.

So all your friends are criminals?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?