PhreeZone

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79

SkyDekker

******What a great system where the selection for the highest court has more to do with politics than ability.

It's only going to get worse.

So did the founding father's screw up, or would it have been impossible to foresee what would happen in the future?

They underestimated the power of those that want shit for free.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*********What a great system where the selection for the highest court has more to do with politics than ability.

It's only going to get worse.

So did the founding father's screw up, or would it have been impossible to foresee what would happen in the future?

They underestimated the power of those that want shit for free.

I think they had that part figured out

What they did underestimate was the will of those who would give shit away for the sake of getting power
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>They underestimated the power of those that want shit for free.

Given that they tasked Congress with providing for the general welfare, and paying for a military - they did indeed take that into consideration.

The idea that the founding fathers could not anticipate government assistance for the poor is funny.

billvon

>They underestimated the power of those that want shit for free.

Given that they tasked Congress with providing for the general welfare, and paying for a military - they did indeed take that into consideration.

The idea that the founding fathers could not anticipate government assistance for the poor is funny.

I guess I should have said "extent" not power.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I just listened to this week's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell me";

Near the beginning, someone suggested Obama nominate Trump, so the Senate can approve him, thereby letting the GOP solve it's Trump problem.:D

Near the end, Paul Poundstone suggested Obama nominate Mitch McConnell, giving him the ultimate dilemma.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kallend

What a disaster for Clarence Thomas. Now he won't have anyone to tell him how to vote.

Ha!

www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/us/politics/supreme-court-clarence-thomas.html?_r=0

"As expected, the other justices gave no indication of supporting the clinics' position. Justice Clarence Thomas extended his new questionless streak to two days. Other than stressing that the state had a rational basis for the law, Roberts asked only one non-consequential question on the merits. Only Justice Samuel Alito really voiced arguments supporting the law, which was both no surprise and largely overshadowed by the Court's liberals."
:D
Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/supreme-court-abortion-arguments-show-why-elections-matter-20160302?page=2
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.