SkyDekker

Adolf Trump

kallend

I'm not making that underestimation, it is real and is there as you say "in many parts". However, not in the majority of America.

But there's the rub.

The president isn't elected by the majority of America. Potentially, it's less than twenty two percent of the voting population.

Skip to 4:17 for the example...

The president is elected by the Electoral College, not by the people. It was designed that way because the founding fathers didn't trust the people average white men to vote the way the elite white men wanted them to. They didn't even conceal that fact.

The founding fathers realized that "the people" are often stupid and easily manipulated.

They wanted a buffer against that. The requirements to amend the Constitution are "supermajorities" for the same reason.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

A quote from McGraw, the assailant.

In footage published by Inside Edition, a man identified as McGraw is asked if he liked the event.

“You bet I liked it,” he says.

When asked what he liked, he responds: “Knocking the hell out of that big mouth.”

“We don’t know who he is, but we know he’s not acting like an American,” McGraw added. “The next time we see him, we might have to kill him.”

headoverheels

A quote from McGraw, the assailant.

In footage published by Inside Edition, a man identified as McGraw is asked if he liked the event.

“You bet I liked it,” he says.

When asked what he liked, he responds: “Knocking the hell out of that big mouth.”

“We don’t know who he is, but we know he’s not acting like an American,” McGraw added. “The next time we see him, we might have to kill him.”

Give that man a brown shirt and put him in charge of "security". Found our new Director of Homeland Security.

Anybody else find it weird the police decided to handcuff the guy who gut sucker punched, and not the guy doing the punching?

Anybody else find it weird the police decided to handcuff the guy who gut sucker punched, and not the guy doing the punching?

Apparently the officer who did that arrived shortly after the sucker punch and just saw the black dude on the ground decked out. So, seeing as he was black, of course he needs to be cuffed. You can't be too careful with those coloreds ya know. The poor officer just wants to make sure he gets home safely to his family at the end of his shift.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

The simple justification of "but Hillary" leaves me speechless.
[:/]
We're fucked.

that is the standard answer now "but (insert name)" did it first, did it worse, is just as bad or whatever

apparently you can't say anything negative about a politician if someone else did the same thing or something similar anytime in the past and you did not bitch about it then
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

ALL politicians lie, they have all proved it repeatedly.

I personally dislike everyone running now, so IMO it seems to be down to who can do the least amount of damage.
IMO, Hillary may be the only one we can afford, as the other plans would cost us dearly. We think Bush fucked us with trillions of wasteful spending? Put Trump or Bernie in. $$$$$
I didn't like the last/current guy either, but his results tell a different story. ;)

Trump footlongs!
:D:D:D

Hillary is owned by the wall street bankers that have made her and Bill rich.
She thinks she is above the law. Like Bush she is entrenched in the political world disconnected from the average American.

That is why I do not trust her.

It's interesting how many politicians have become rich because of being politicians.
Sadly, it's become the norm.

I don't see the above the law part, given how much money the government has spent on investigations with no proof of anything...seems she really hasn't done what the "enemy" feels she has. It's just republican emotional hatred to me.

I did not like how much power she had as first lady. I don't know why but for some reason she reminds me of Bush. I just can't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

normiss

It's interesting how many politicians have become rich because of being politicians.

interesting and disturbing

disturbing in the way it looks like PAC's and corps buying political favors
(which of course is what they are doing)

>It's interesting how many politicians have become rich because of being politicians.
>Sadly, it's become the norm.

It's really not. Most politicians make less than most engineers, for example. (Ask your local state representative, or deputy DA, what he makes.)

The ones we see often are the famous ones - US senators, presidential candidates and the like. Fame generally equates to money in the US. But it's the fame that gets them the money, not the fact that they have a government job as an elected representative.

normiss

It's both sometimes I think. Due to their influence at their job getting them some monies.

I agree although I see no problem making millions on the speaking circuit after their political career has ended

normiss

But it's the fame that gets them the money, not the fact that they have a government job as an elected representative.

It's both sometimes I think. Due to their influence at their job getting them some monies.

It's power. Power attracts both the media, and those who seek to buy influence. Other people in powerful positions make a lot of money. We perceive that as earned, as in the ungodly amounts of money bank CEOs and hedge fund managers make. But if someone in public service earns speaking fees, we perceive that as abuse. Top politicians are generally at the top due to their talent and ambition. Those qualities are usually well remunerated in our society.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.