jclalor

Trump proposes mandatory registration for US Muslims

So you're cool with the Syrian refugees the were stopped "on the border in Texas" having guns upon arrival?
Sounds like the opposite of the general right wing stance lately and I would assume that's what you would support based on your position.

It seems to be an odd alliance between the right wing bigoted xenophobes and the left wing anti-gun idiots.

If you type "terrorist wa" it finishes it with "tch list allowed to buy guns".
And the result is THIS

Apparently, a wide variety of people are perfectly ok with stripping "those people" of their constitutional rights by government decree.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

So you're cool with the Syrian refugees the were stopped "on the border in Texas" having guns upon arrival?
Sounds like the opposite of the general right wing stance lately and I would assume that's what you would support based on your position.

:D:D

Now you are joining in the trolling it seems!

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

aphid

I thought I chose my acquaintances with a broader world-view but I now see I may have been sadly mistaken

What is that adage? The insane think the rest of the world is crazy.

Perhaps it is your view that should be labeled as needing to be broader?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

I thought I chose my acquaintances with a broader world-view but I now see I may have been sadly mistaken

What is that adage? The insane think the rest of the world is crazy.

Perhaps it is your view that should be labeled as needing to be broader?

I concede you might be correct. I may be sadly incapable of appreciating the nuances of bigotry and misogyny apparently allowable for a braggart basking in the glow of his egocentric buffoonery. And apparently acceptable as well for any who believe he is appropriate for the highest office in your country.

My apology. I'll try harder next time.

John

Stumpy

Religions are all communicable forms of mental illness. Some are more virulent than others, and Islam pins the meter.

I feel the same about bigotry.

What about Islamic bigots?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

aphid

I may be sadly incapable of appreciating the nuances of bigotry and misogyny apparently allowable for a braggart basking in the glow of his egocentric buffoonery.

That sentence is a masterpiece.
If only I could hear it spoken by Peter O'Toole.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

turtlespeed

Religions are all communicable forms of mental illness. Some are more virulent than others, and Islam pins the meter.

I feel the same about bigotry.

What about Islamic bigots?

Just the same as christian and atheist ones. Don't get me wrong, I don't think much of religion. My personal view is that it is a mental crutch for people who need to believe there is something bigger. However, what trump is promoting is naked bigotry, and it seems to be catching.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

However, what Trump is promoting is naked bigotry, and it seems to be catching.

It isn't "catching", it's always been there.

It's just that Trump is being open about it and is appealing to the large numbers of people that believe that way.

Interestingly, Trump's largest support comes from less educated (high school or less), less affluent (less than $50k/yr), older people (something like 85% are over 45).

Rick Perry described Trump's platform as:

“What Mr. Trump is offering,” the former Texas governor said, “is not conservatism, it is Trumpism—a toxic mix of demagoguery and nonsense.”

Source:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/09/09/who_are_trumps_supporters.html
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

winsor

***Dude. You don't like religion (with you on that) but you really hate Islam. We GET it.

Religions are all communicable forms of mental illness. Some are more virulent than others...

Or, perhaps organized religion manipulates the inherent human characteristics of faith, whereby the mentally ill become more susceptible to virulent manifestations of that faith.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

ryoder

***I may be sadly incapable of appreciating the nuances of bigotry and misogyny apparently allowable for a braggart basking in the glow of his egocentric buffoonery.

That sentence is a masterpiece.
If only I could hear it spoken by Peter O'Toole.:D

Maybe try Colin Firth. I think he could pull it off...

Or maybe give John some fine scotch and he might be able to make a go of it....

Appreciation does not equal agreement. I'm sure you are capable of that appreciation if you applied yourself.

turtlespeed

I'm sure you are capable of that appreciation if you applied yourself.

Indeed, upon further reflection I must agree with you. I found the bigotry, arrogance and misogyny so overwhelmingly repugnant that I fully appreciated turning my back to them in search of cleaner air.

I'm also aware that as a foreigner, some regulars here have suggested we don't enjoy the privilege of sharing our opinions regarding U.S. news or policies.

Again, my apology. (It's a Canadian thing. We do that.)

Kindest regards,

John

winsor

Pommes frites are BELGIAN!

I see what side of the long running dispute you are on.

There is any dispute? Only by the uninformed, I am sure.

Sure is, actually the Belgian claim is pretty unlikely.

It would involve poor people experimenting with very expensive product.

SkyDekker

Pommes frites are BELGIAN!

I see what side of the long running dispute you are on.

There is any dispute? Only by the uninformed, I am sure.

Sure is, actually the Belgian claim is pretty unlikely.

It would involve poor people experimenting with very expensive product.

In Belgium, if you try something and it does not work, take a more unlikely approach. Often, when you get it to work it is by going full batshit crazy.

If the Belgian claims seemed plausible, they would not be likely.

Welcome to Belgium.