RonD1120

Close the border!

I thought you were a fiscal conservative?
Care to even guess how much it would cost to expand the current drone systems in use there?
Care to guess what it's costing NOW?
Drones are NOT cheap in any way.
It's pretty similar to the waste that TSA spends IMO, with pretty much the same false sense of security and results.

Well, it would be a great capitol works project. Trump wants Mexico to build and pay for it though. Since they are unlikely to do that Congress will have to agree to fund it. It would provide some really good employment opportunities. Perhaps jump starting the economy with some good old fashioned deficit spending is a good idea.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

I couldn't believe they were allowed to drive!

They probably had permission from their men to go to the hardware store for bomb-making supplies.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

I thought you were a fiscal conservative?
Care to even guess how much it would cost to expand the current drone systems in use there?
Care to guess what it's costing NOW?
Drones are NOT cheap in any way.
It's pretty similar to the waste that TSA spends IMO, with pretty much the same false sense of security and results.

Could we transfer funds from welfare and the EPA. Those two programs are IMO inefficient.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What verse was this?

“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."

Could we transfer funds from welfare and the EPA. Those two programs are IMO inefficient.

Or better yet, you could raise funds by cancelling the tax exempt status of religious organizations. Starting with Scientology of course.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>Could we transfer funds from welfare and the EPA.

You really want to take welfare away from the over 1 million veterans who rely on it? You don't think they are worth supporting?

Hell, if we got rid of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, we could balance the budget!;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

I was at a traffic light this morning next to a car with 4 covered Muslim women in it.

profiling is racist - how could you tell they were Muslim? Bumper sticker?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ryoder

***>Could we transfer funds from welfare and the EPA.

You really want to take welfare away from the over 1 million veterans who rely on it? You don't think they are worth supporting?

Hell, if we got rid of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, we could balance the budget!;)

If we greatly reduced those and greatly reduce military spending and all the other programs, and deleted stuff that's not part of the original mission of the government - we could have much of it at reasonable levels and still balance the budget

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jclalor

What verse was this?

“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."

I addressed this above. I've got to drop out for awhile. We are going to make journey into enemy territory and I need to pack and check my weapons and such.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

;)
cvfd1399

Ok I did not see the link it was so small, your getting fancy with all that special mark up over there lol!

billvon

America has become a continent of wusses.

Ahem... as a citizen of a large portion of the above-mentioned continent, I would like to add that while we too have our share of intellectually-stunted ignorant bigots, my country is officially committed to receiving upwards of 25,000 refugees from the Syrian conflict.

In fairness though, I do concede that Canadians weren't likely intentionally intended to be included within the scale of your statement.

John

Honestly answer this query; when was the last time you had a personal interaction or a conversation with a Muslim?

For me it was just in the past two hours. I was speaking with a woman wearing a hijab. Did she shout at me “white devil infidel; I’ll kill you”. No, she told me about my 2yr olds day at nursery (what?; they’re trusted with children you say?). Sorry to disappoint, but there was no “Death to the West” ranting. She just noted that my son ate half his lasagne for lunch, had a 90 minute nap and then made/painted dinosaur models in the afternoon.

Among our regular babysitters, we have two that Muslim (one female; one male). At times when we email the headmistress of the prep school, our older son attends, we note that our son will be picked up today by “Mo” (short for Mohammed) – no one breaks out in a sweat; just people like anyone else.

People are most afraid of what they don’t understand. Taking the example of your simpleton “Appalachian folk”, yes they’re scared or mistrusting of damned near everything - because they understand so damn little.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Hi Ken,

The only terrorist attacks on churches in the US that I can recall involve right wing Christians murdering minorities or bombing and burning their houses of worship. There is a long and sad history of that.

You mean like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_Street_Baptist_Church_bombing

Jerry Baumchen

RMK

Taking the example of your simpleton “Appalachian folk”, yes they’re scared or mistrusting of damned near everything - because they understand so damn little.

Isn't that just too ironic a sentence to finish with?

I wonder what happens when someone posts about an Appalachian women working at her daycare provider....?

Or are you referring to someone else's prejudiced example of stereotype of a demographic?

"So we have this woman from West Virginia working at the daycare - and we picked up our daughter and there wasn't a dead possum or a gun, or anything in the crib. She even had a clean diaper!!"

Extrapolation of Ron's own description:

"Another large portion is Appalachian mountain folk. They are a breed unto their own."

He's described them as odd; which is of significance when taking his views of "normal" into account.

We are going to make journey into enemy territory

I hope you enjoy your trip and don't need to use your weapons. Which one of you enemies holds this territory? If I don't hear from you in a couple days I will assume the worst.

wolfriverjoe

That's why I'd like to see the US take in some refugees.

We do, about 70,000+ a year for the past 40 years.

wolfriverjoe

You know, those poor, tired, huddled masses. The ones yearning to be free from the oppression of a religious terror group.

You can bet that every one of those 70,000+ spots will be filled by poor, tired, huddled masses yearning to be free from oppression.

This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

normiss

Just imagine the police response if someone was to see them preparing for their "journey into enemy territory".
A Muslim man was recently removed from a commercial flight.....for watching the news on his electronic device.
The horror.

At the beginning of an international flight a man quickly runs up to the cockpit trying to get to the pilots. The crew manager stops him and says “excuse me sir”, the man barks “LEO”. They stop him again and grab him by his arm; he says “I’m LEO”. They finally ask him “who are you and what is LEO” (we don’t use that phrase in Britain). He replies “I’m a law enforcement officer; in the US we always introduce ourselves to the pilots”. The reply – you’re on a British registered aircraft on an international flight; please take your seat.

He’s an older man and after they spoke with him they find he has never travelled outside of the US in his life. However, he seems to have watched too many Die Hard movies.