kallend

Track immigrants just like FedEx - Christie

billvon

>Many here call others trolls simpley because they do not agree with them

Of course. However, when you post material that is deliberately incorrect or misleading, with the express purpose of pissing people off, you are trolling.

The #1 forum-specific rule from the Rules link above:

"No Personal attacks, Flaming and Trolling."

So now you are going to ban gay guys:ph34r::ph34r:

billvon

Of course. However, when you post material that is deliberately incorrect or misleading, with the express purpose of pissing people off, you are trolling.

Point taken bill. But my posts are not meant to piss people off. They are meant to show them another perspective. However, I will observe the rules as they are interpreted by you. And that's not meant as a put down.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That's not subjective at all.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

***>Point taken bill. But my posts are not meant to piss people off.

From one of your earlier trolling posts - "That really seems to tick em off as evidenced here don’t you think?"[/quote
Link?
Abraham Lincoln

The reason I ask for the link bill, is because you use similar BS when you said I hated Obama. Please provide
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

So why is Kallend still allowed to post here? That's All he does. Oh I forgot he thinks like you so its ok....

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Because he's not deliberately trolling; he just uses the Socratic method (ask a question, tell you where you're wrong, and wait for another answer, so he can tell you where you're wrong with that one, too).

From Google: "It is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas."

My father was also a college professor. If you don't know the answer he's looking for, or agree with it, it's infuriating. But not necessarily trolling.

Sometimes the line is pretty thin, though :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

...Sometimes the line is pretty thin, though :)
Wendy P.

There's often a fine line between arguing and trolling, between a pejorative and a PA.

Some people are very, very good at knowing where that line is.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wmw999

Because he's not deliberately trolling; he just uses the Socratic method (ask a question, tell you where you're wrong, and wait for another answer, so he can tell you where you're wrong with that one, too).

From Google: "It is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas."

My father was also a college professor. If you don't know the answer he's looking for, or agree with it, it's infuriating. But not necessarily trolling.

Sometimes the line is pretty thin, though :)
Wendy P.

So you are the judge now?

If kallend does it it is ok
If I do the same it is trolling?

Nice........

Know this Wendy
I was NOT deliberately trolling either
I was using a very well used tactic seen here
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>Point taken bill. But my posts are not meant to piss people off.

From one of your earlier trolling posts - "That really seems to tick em off as evidenced here don’t you think?"[/quote
Link?

To your point

I use the extact same tactic as done by others. It is is used to turn the perspective

Some people do not like it and it pisses them off
It is not my fault they can not handle what the post put back at them

I did not say I was posting that too piss them off

I just said it does puss them off

Big difference
Abraham Lincoln

You generally get accused of trolling when you say something upthread like "I'm just posting this to piss people off."

And Kallend has been warned plenty of times; dunno about banning.

I generally just don't engage with people who irritate me too much, here and IRL.

As far as being a judge, nope -- just exercising my opinion. Man it used to piss me off when my father would try to get me to find my own way in a physics problem where I really had no idea. I'd tell him that I KNEW the question; I needed to know how to get the answer :o

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

gowlerk

Uh, you crossed over the line when you lost your cool and called him a asshole. Remember that?

I did not call anyone an asshole
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Uh, you crossed over the line when you lost your cool and called him a asshole. Remember that?

You admitted that you posted something that you did not mean just to get a response. That is a perfect example of trolling.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wmw999

You generally get accused of trolling when you say something upthread like "I'm just posting this to piss people off." Which I never said I was doint. And I wasnt. I commented that what I posted resembled what they did and THAT pisses them off

And Kallend has been warned plenty of times; dunno about banning. I do not care about him. I only care about things being consistant. Just like a batter who want a consistant strike zone

I generally just don't engage with people who irritate me too much, here and IRL.

As far as being a judge, nope -- just exercising my opinion. Man it used to piss me off when my father would try to get me to find my own way in a physics problem where I really had no idea. I'd tell him that I KNEW the question; I needed to know how to get the answer :o

Wendy P.

Was he tring to piss you off?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Uh, you crossed over the line when you lost your cool and called him a asshole. Remember that?

I apologize, it was not you. I was confused. I have deleted my comment.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

******Uh, you crossed over the line when you lost your cool and called him a asshole. Remember that?

You admitted that you posted something that you did not mean just to get a response. That is a perfect example of trolling.

No
I replied to your post in kind to give you a perspective of the crap you had posted
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

******Uh, you crossed over the line when you lost your cool and called him a asshole. Remember that?

I apologize, it was not you. I was confused. I have deleted my comment.

No problem
thanks

but I do

chew me out good because I try very hard not to do things like that
Abraham Lincoln

masterblaster72

People get a lot of latitude here

Indeed! I hope I get the same multiple-one-warnings kind of latitude as well if/when I get out of line.

People! We have gone OFF TOPIC here!

I disagree with the suggestions that nonresident aliens be tattooed with bar codes.

Requiring them to wear unobtrusive electronic tags, either in a piercing or an ankle bracelet for the unpierced, would do just fine. These tags would be programmed to go into alarm mode when a visa expires, and would transmit their GPS coordinates to Homeland Security so they could be gathered up without much fuss.

Even the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Aliens) would find this approach humane.

As you were.

winsor

People get a lot of latitude here

Indeed! I hope I get the same multiple-one-warnings kind of latitude as well if/when I get out of line.

People! We have gone OFF TOPIC here!

I disagree with the suggestions that nonresident aliens be tattooed with bar codes.

Requiring them to wear unobtrusive electronic tags, either in a piercing or an ankle bracelet for the unpierced, would do just fine. These tags would be programmed to go into alarm mode when a visa expires,

I disagree with your proposal to have the tags explode or ignite violently upon expiration.

that is cruel

a medium electro-shock should suffice

perhaps tie it to various 'invisible fence' networks too. to be proactive

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants