kallend

Track immigrants just like FedEx - Christie

Anvilbrother

I am ok with that too, if you have a ticket into the US that expires then they should have a way to find you if you overstay it.

They already do. A condition of staying in the US is always having an updated AR-11 form which details where you're staying. If you move and don't update it you stand to be deported. That the government never checks it or follows it up is different problem.

You'll forgive me if I think you wouldn't be OK with the government suggesting tracking US Citizens like fedex packages. I think everyone would be furious about it.

I thought it was more geared about tracking those that came here illegally

But it wouldn't work for peope who came in illegally, because they wouldn't get tracked in the first place. what are they going to do? Come over the border in a truck, make it to New Mexico then report themselves to a local border security station? "Hey guys, please chip me!" :ph34r:
It would only track those who come in on legal visas who comply with the entry requirements and then overstay - by his own admission that isn't even a majority of legal immigrants - only 40%. What that percentage is as part of total illegal immigration would be less. (A very quick google search suggests that illegal entry is constitutes about 25% of all illegal immigration).

turtlespeed

***Question. Why my post and not kallends?

Posting history lending to the perception of your undying hatred of Obama.

Ah

Emotions again....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Google now many illegals are arrested for crimes and let go because of the police department having their hands tied by the administration. Those people are effectively caught, detained, and are a captive audience for being tracked. Do it like bail, if you can't have someone with a good address and some responsibility to sign for you, you stay in jail pending charges, or whatever the hell else they SHOULD be doing with illegals who commit crimes.

Don't turn them loose or never be seen again until they are arrested on other crimes, which is exactly what is happening.

And for the overstaying visa that's another topic. There are many people overstaying them, and from information in a past thread where we discussed it staying past your allotted time isn't even an arrest able crime. Wtf?!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

yoink

***I am ok with that too, if you have a ticket into the US that expires then they should have a way to find you if you overstay it.

They already do. A condition of staying in the US is always having an updated AR-11 form which details where you're staying. If you move and don't update it you stand to be deported. That the government never checks it or follows it up is different problem.

You'll forgive me if I think you wouldn't be OK with the government suggesting tracking US Citizens like fedex packages. I think everyone would be furious about it.

I thought it was more geared about tracking those that came here illegally

But it wouldn't work for peope who came in illegally, because they wouldn't get tracked in the first place. what are they going to do? Come over the border in a truck, make it to New Mexico then report themselves to a local border security station? "Hey guys, please chip me!" :ph34r:
It would only track those who come in on legal visas who comply with the entry requirements and then overstay - by his own admission that isn't even a majority of legal immigrants - only 40%. What that percentage is as part of total illegal immigration would be less. (A very quick google search suggests that illegal entry is constitutes about 25% of all illegal immigration).

Wait, you mean there are other laws besides gun laws that are ignored and not enforced?

SHOCKING!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Anvilbrother

No they want to track people who are here illegally right, so he wants to track criminals, not just Mexicans and Jews who have done nothing wrong.

1. Nope. He wants to track ALL visa holders to see when their visas expire. That would include tourists. Of course, many illegals don't have visas in the first place.

2. I'm sure the multi-$BILLION tourist industry will just love having their customers tracked like FedEx packages (bar code anyone?).

3. Being in the USA without documentation is a CIVIL offense, not a criminal one. Some people didn't pay enough attention in civics.

Jeez - no wonder we have a clown in the lead for the GOP nomination.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***No they want to track people who are here illegally right, so he wants to track criminals, not just Mexicans and Jews who have done nothing wrong.

1. Nope. He wants to track ALL visa holders to see when their visas expire. That would include tourists. Of course, many illegals don't have visas in the first place.

2. I'm sure the multi-$BILLION tourist industry will just love having their customers tracked like FedEx packages (bar code anyone?).

3. Being in the USA without documentation is a CIVIL offense, not a criminal one. Some people didn't pay enough attention in civics.

[:/]. Are comments like this necessicary asshole?

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

******No they want to track people who are here illegally right, so he wants to track criminals, not just Mexicans and Jews who have done nothing wrong.

None of this stuff is necessary. Your comment on his comment is a personal attack.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Anvilbrother

******No they want to track people who are here illegally right, so he wants to track criminals, not just Mexicans and Jews who have done nothing wrong.

Why are you calling The Donald a "necessicary asshole"? Interesting adjective you invented there.

As was his to me he addressed three points from my previous post then stated no wonder we have a clown in the lead for the GOP nomination, that was a clearly directed at me. No way to spin it.

Anvilbrother

It is indeed necessary.

It is indicative of the players that the GOP is fielding for their team..... it is just one huge circus tent of dysfunction.

Perhaps if the GOP Base ( interesting that Al Qaeda is also known as The Base)would have paid closer attention to who was controlling him and what Mr Bush was BEFORE he was selected to rise to the office... thousands of Americans would still be alive. and the Middle East would not be such a wonderful place for other religious nutters who came to the fore...... BUt Mr Bush and Mr Cheney certainly did a good job enriching the Progress for a New American Century members.. the rest of Americans are living with their legacy... well some do seem to be opting out.... what is the rate of suicide for those who served under Rummy in the sandboxes again????
How many of our young GI's answered the call and then left their blood and body parts all over the Countries... we "liberated".

I would choose very carefully who it is that gets elected to office... who is it that is going to have their hand on the button come Jan 2017..... that should give anyone pause. The world is a complicated place and basic levels of SANITY are a necessary trait for whoever is going to be sitting in the Oval Office.

kallend

*********No they want to track people who are here illegally right, so he wants to track criminals, not just Mexicans and Jews who have done nothing wrong.

Why are you calling The Donald a "necessicary asshole"? Interesting adjective you invented there.

None of what you listed had anything to do with Donald, you clearly chose your words carefully for a PA as usual. I have said what I needed to say, let bill deal with the rest as he deems fit I am fine with it all.

Amazon

*********No they want to track people who are here illegally right, so he wants to track criminals, not just Mexicans and Jews who have done nothing wrong.

It is indeed necessary.

It is indicative of the players that the GOP is fielding for their team..... it is just one huge circus tent of dysfunction.

Perhaps if the GOP Base would have paid closer attention to who was controlling him and what Mr Bush was BEFORE he was selected to rise to the office... thousands of Americans would still be alive. and the Middle East would not be such a wonderful place for other religious nutters who came to the fore...... BUt Mr Bush and Mr Chene]y certainly did a good job enriching the Progress for a New American Century members.. the rest of Americans are living with their legacy... well some do seem to be opting out.... what is the rate of suicide for those who served under Rummy in the sandboxes again????
How many of our young GI's answered the call and then left their blood and body parts all over the Countries... we "liberated".

I would choose very carefully who it is that gets elected to office... who is it that is going to have their hand on the button come Jan 2017..... that should give anyone pause. The world is a complicated place and basic levels of SANITY are a necessary trait for whoever is going to be sitting in the Oval Office.

None of what this topic was about, or what he replied to had anything to do with Donald it was about Christie. He even has you fooled. He only made that quip about civics and clown in the lead as a PA on me it wasn't of any actual substance. If he had only read a few post further up he would have seen that even I acknowledged the fact that it's not an arrestable offence so his bullet point number 3 is full of shit.

Anvilbrother

***Good little horsies.. get such wonderful little blinders... only seeing what their owners want them to see.

Smh

Definition of SMH

SMH Featured Word

interjection
•acronym for "shaking my head". See also SMDH, SMFH.
Kids these days... SMH.

Stupid Minded Humans.

Iago

Jeez. this whole thing is just stupid.

I heard the whole clip with the Christie crack. I also heard the one awhile back when Huckabee said the same thing. They were being cheeky about how the government doesn't know the location of the illegals that get picked up and have court hearings for deportation/asylum proceedings.

Cheeky? The (right leaning) WSJ takes it seriously: blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/08/30/christie-stands-by-plan-to-track-immigrants-with-help-from-fedex/?mod=mktw

kallend

***Jeez. this whole thing is just stupid.

I heard the whole clip with the Christie crack. I also heard the one awhile back when Huckabee said the same thing. They were being cheeky about how the government doesn't know the location of the illegals that get picked up and have court hearings for deportation/asylum proceedings.

Cheeky? The (right leaning) WSJ takes it seriously: blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/08/30/christie-stands-by-plan-to-track-immigrants-with-help-from-fedex/?mod=mktw

I wonder if the usual suspects will get this historical quote.

We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

- St. Ronald

kallend

Another GOP clown weighs in. They are trying to outdo each other with stupid ideas to appeal to their base.

www.marketwatch.com/story/scott-walker-wants-to-build-a-wall-with-canada-2015-08-30

Undoubtedly politicians like Walker are simply playing games with words to pretend their policy of border security is more than just pandering to the ignorant masses who are pissed off at all those damned Mexican illegals.

This story is getting some attention in Canada, all of it heavily negative. Once again short-sighted ignorant drivel like this has a broader impact than the speaker probably realizes.

After all, how many Americans still believe (incorrectly) the 9/11 hijackers entered your country via Canada? (For that reason alone, I would struggle to support Ms. Clinton as she was the most prominent promulgator of that particular piece of misinformation at the time)

There are some Canadians who opine that we should build a wall to keep southerners out. Utter nonsense of course, but we are not immune to having some ignorant citizenry too.

kallend

Another GOP clown weighs in. They are trying to outdo each other with stupid ideas to appeal to their base.

www.marketwatch.com/story/scott-walker-wants-to-build-a-wall-with-canada-2015-08-30

I'm going to run for president.

I think we should build a wall round the entire US. We can have guard towers and dogs patrolling the perimeter. Every American has the right to their own securely locking accommodation with regular, mandated exercise times - you know, to help with the healthcare thing.

We could even arrange visas for visitation rights from foreign nationals - about an hour each seems right. Of course they'll have to have their forehead tattooed with their exit time to make sure they don't overstay.

billvon

>The biggest difference between our posts? Is you meant yours. I didn't

No trolling. Your one warning.

Lol. He's been trolling these forums deliberately for over a decade.

In any case, did you lose count?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

***>The biggest difference between our posts? Is you meant yours. I didn't

No trolling. Your one warning.

Lol. He's been trolling these forums deliberately for over a decade.

In any case, did you lose count?

Many here call others trolls simpley because they do not agree with them

You seem to have now joined that group
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Many here call others trolls simpley because they do not agree with them

Of course. However, when you post material that is deliberately incorrect or misleading, with the express purpose of pissing people off, you are trolling.

The #1 forum-specific rule from the Rules link above:

"No Personal attacks, Flaming and Trolling."