brenthutch

This is going to get interesting

>Torontonians thought that of Ford.....then he got elected.

Good example.

A few months ago I predicted that RushMC (something of a barometer here of far right-wing opinion) would disparage Trump until it became clear he wouldn't go away - and would at that time flip to supporting him. Perhaps with some caveats like "I still don't like him but . . . ."

It's becoming more and more clear that the GOP can't get rid of him. If they jettison him he runs as an independent and eliminates their chances. If they keep him they have a reasonable chance against a democratic candidate, compared to most other candidates.

You never want to see a friend of yours femur, but sometimes it's the only way they will learn to think with their head instead of their adrenals. Maybe it's time the country learns the same lesson.

billvon

>No the proved you wrong on that theory when they elected Obama again.

Good example of why we need a truly bad president.

agree -
-- Bush looks good now compared to the current guy.
-- Clinton looks good now compared to the last two guys.

This is the problem of the left - they are so old and stuck in the same procedure and can't change.

1 - clearly the public wants anyone....ANYONE.....that's not just a politician. even someone so bad that Trump gets top billing.

2 - the dems (the party of old rich white people) can't see this long enough to field a candidate to match - instead, they stick with the old playbook and tries to smash anyone that shows up on the other side - no matter how ridiculously beatable.

any democrat that can think past his next meal should be quietly telling his right wing friends ('heck, I'd likely cross over and vote for that guy') what's wrong with the dems - they need to fuel that fire and force the Reps to implode

problem is that the average dem can't think past his next gov' sponsored meal - they only respond to vitriol. so the PR campaign is restricted to the same crap

what they should do

1 - find a candidate from the real world - no politicians. this levels the field and gets them someone both sides would look at

2 - leave Trump alone - they should WANT to go against him

I can't believe we'll likely be stuck with two horrible choices again (Hillary and Donald ---- or equivalent)

I think the presidency and congressmembers should have an age requirement - a double ended age requirement

- too young - you're dumbass, get experience
- too old - you are unable to learn anything new if you've only been in politics, go away

(and don't get me going on about the right wing either - I'm not happy with those guys either so far)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

billvon

>No the proved you wrong on that theory when they elected Obama again.

"Obama is a bad president? My God, are you blind? Did you see what Trump did today?"

Trump's schtick, will lose some its appeal as time goes on. Right now people love that he is sticking it to everybody! The nation is in an anti establishment mood; just take a look at the numbers for Carson and Sanders! I predict that he will start to fade and the antiestablishment vote will look for another home, probably one that has not dissed Trump and by extension, his supporters. (Ted Cruz anyone?)

rehmwa

2 - the dems (the party of old rich white people)

...problem is that the average dem can't think past his next gov' sponsored meal

Surely it's poor black unwed mothers that you refer to. Unless you think rich white folk are the ones primarily taking government handouts.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

...problem is that the average dem can't think past his next gov' sponsored meal

Surely it's poor black unwed mothers that you refer to. Unless you think rich white folk are the ones primarily taking government handouts.

I'm having a hard time - which candidate fits your stereotype? Is it Hillary, Joe, or Bernie?

though your default position that the 'average democrat' is a "poor black unwed mother" explains a lot. Nice that it includes 5 major constructed divisive categorizations too - very efficient

{{{{all joking aside - my default democrat (in my thought bubble) is usually a regular citizen that feels a bit of responsibility in the short term for his/her fellow man that has a strong urge to try and do something for others that appear to need it. and, of course, includes those that feel they need that help too

I also have a positive image of an 'average republican' too. I won't waste effort typing it because there's no point in this crowd trying.

but I do not even close to have a positive image of the leadership of either group}}}

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kallend

Yeah that corporate welfare to the military industrial complex and farm subsidies to congressional GOP types... just amounts to pennies compared to all those black single urban baby momma's driving around in Cadillac's who are taking everything:S:S:S:S

I'm on an iPhone so I can't copy and paste (new IOS >:(), but I love your post. Thanks.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

rehmwa

***>No the proved you wrong on that theory when they elected Obama again.

agree -
-- Bush looks good now compared to the current guy.
-- Clinton looks good now compared to the last two guys.

I wouldn't mind that as a concept if the US was completely isolated. We can make our mistakes and pay for them... so be it. The problem is that I think Trump has a very real liklihood of fucking everything up, massively, for everyone.

You don't put a celebrity in charge of a country. That's insane. Their wold view is so twisted from reality that it can't help be anything else but a disaster.

#KimKardashian 2020??

>You don't put a celebrity in charge of a country. That's insane.

And you don't buy a Velocity when you can't stand up your Pilot. That's also insane. And you can talk to them all you want, but sometimes you have to just let them make the decision and accept the consequences. You only hope that those consequences won't be _too_ bad.

billvon

>You don't put a celebrity in charge of a country. That's insane.

And you don't buy a Velocity when you can't stand up your Pilot. That's also insane. And you can talk to them all you want, but sometimes you have to just let them make the decision and accept the consequences. You only hope that those consequences won't be _too_ bad.

I still like HEY .....NUKES...... you're FIRED.

billvon

. You only hope that those consequences won't be _too_ bad.

Joe MadSkillz going in under a canopy he's not ready for represents his personal insanity and that of maybe a few people around him...

If Trump gets into the oval office it shows the insanity of at least 22% of the voting public. [:/]

If he were to succeed we can only hope it becomes a wake-up call for electoral reform, as it will finally be obvious that the only reason he won isn't because people actually wanted him, it's because people like rushmc don't want a democrat - any democrat. Even a childish egomaniac would be better than that in their eyes!

jakee

though your default position that the 'average democrat' is a "poor black unwed mother" explains a lot.

In your rush to stereotype Kallend, you forgot to actually read.

in your rush to be overly serious and look for reasons to piss on posts.....as usual

bull - Kallend is smart enough to parse out where the post indicates leadership and candidates, from a caricature of the target constituency - he was just playing his normal game and we had fun with it.

rehmwa

though your default position that the 'average democrat' is a "poor black unwed mother" explains a lot.

In your rush to stereotype Kallend, you forgot to actually read.

in your rush to be overly serious and look for reasons to piss on posts.....as usual

bull - Kallend is smart enough to parse out where the post indicates leadership and candidates, from a caricature of the target constituency - he was just playing his normal game and we had fun with it.

Sometimes I think you are the only one who gets it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Sometimes I think you are the only one who gets it.

wallowing in a wry way in stereotypes is a unique form of humor that mocks those that take themselves so very seriously - I think there's a lot of people that get it here - but it really is hard to tell the serious from the mocking (or those that claim to be mocking but really, deep down, aren't)

and the better you are at the mockery, the more subtle it gets.....if most can't see it, then it's a pretty good sign that you are a master at it - I tip my hat at you -

for the children