2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

billvon

>His point is that despite the strict gun control that the UK has, people still find ways
>to kill and maim. So it's not a choice of weapon issue. It's a mental issue.

Mental issues make people violent. Easy access to guns gives such people the ability to become mass murderers.

Then enforce the laws already on the books. Which is what failed to happen in Cruz's case.

DJL

Now that you-tube is banning gun video's. Where are you going to learn about shooting, guns, etc.?

YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
https://www.bloomberg.com/...s-prompting-backlash

YouTube, a popular media site for firearms enthusiasts, this week quietly introduced tighter restrictions on videos involving weapons, becoming the latest battleground in the U.S. gun-control debate.

That's just stupid. They're a company and can do what they want but that's stupid.

So, let me see if I got this right... Bans are good. Self-imposed corporate bans are stupid.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

Now that you-tube is banning gun video's. Where are you going to learn about shooting, guns, etc.?

YouTube, a popular media site for firearms enthusiasts, this week quietly introduced tighter restrictions on videos involving weapons, becoming the latest battleground in the U.S. gun-control debate.

That's just stupid. They're a company and can do what they want but that's stupid.

So, let me see if I got this right... Bans are good. Self-imposed corporate bans are stupid.

Sorry, what? I'm not sure what statements of mine you're linking together or what youtube has to do with gun bans which is what I assume you're getting at.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

Sorry, what? I'm not sure what statements of mine you're linking together or what youtube has to do with gun bans which is what I assume you're getting at.

My apologies. I went back and re-read your February post. You clarified in a later post - not bans; but restrictions (regulations).
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I've voiced support for the AWB from 1994 but think it was short sighted, it was mostly a ban of the scary things on gun which was amateurish. But yes, I think there should be types of weapons not available to the public without serious paperwork and those restrictions should mimic how machine guns are treated. I do support further restrictions on general firearms similar to what other developed countries have done and have no expectation that it'll have a discernible effect within my lifetime because of the sheer quantity of weapons in this country.

I think the youtube thing was stupid because there is way worse content on youtube than people doing things with guns. I'm not sure what they're restricting, the article didn't get into it. Maybe they're trying to protect their asses if some kid learns how to convert a weapon to fully auto, beats me.

Edit: Found it: "YouTube will ban videos that promote or link to websites selling firearms and accessories, including bump stocks, which allow a semi-automatic rifle to fire faster."

nolhtairt

[His point is that despite the strict gun control that the UK has, people still find ways to kill and maim. So it's not a choice of weapon issue. It's a mental issue.

I'd like to see a break down of those stabbing incidents though, and see what kind of sociological issues are involved.

Did you read the article? That London has, in the very short term, exceeded NYC's homicide rate is an outlier. As a rule, despite NYC's plummeting crime rate over the past 2-3 decades, or even London's increased crime rate, NYC homicide rates are substantially higher than London's, even in 2018.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

>Redrict...

Covfefe!

Meanwhile, back on the topic of attacking the victims -

Perennial dick Ted Nugent says that the survivors of the Parkland shooting "have no soul." Conservative death-metal singer Jesse Hughes called the survivors "pathetic and disgusting" and "disgusting vile abusers of the dead."

But it's not all bad news. One attacker, Frank Stallone (brother of a more famous Stallone) apologized after claiming many people were "dying to sucker punch" the survivors. His apology - "To everyone and to David Hogg especially. I want to deeply apologize for my irresponsible words. I would never in a million years wish or promote violence to anyone anywhere on this planet. After what these kids went though I’m deeply ashamed. Please accept my apology."

Good to see that at least some people have a conscience.

billvon

But it's not all bad news. One attacker, Frank Stallone (brother of a more famous Stallone) apologized after claiming many people were "dying to sucker punch" the survivors. His apology - "To everyone and to David Hogg especially. I want to deeply apologize for my irresponsible words. I would never in a million years wish or promote violence to anyone anywhere on this planet. After what these kids went though I’m deeply ashamed. Please accept my apology."

Does he have a conscience? Or has he just been attacked over his comments and wants to walk them back?

Isabelle Graham apologized to Hogg.

But only after his successful attack on her, through her advertisers.

I tend to question the sincerity of apologies under these sorts of circumstances.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Does he have a conscience? Or has he just been attacked over his comments and wants to walk them back?

Isabelle Graham apologized to Hogg.

But only after his successful attack on her, through her advertisers.

I tend to question the sincerity of apologies under these sorts of circumstances.

I think with Stallone he just liked how he sounded within his circle and overstepped himself but wouldn't be surprised if his brother gave him a call to tell him to reel it in or he's off the gravy train.

JoeWeber

***We are in agreement.

Bigun,

I think I owe you an apology. We are much more in alignment than I previously thought.

Joe

Well, thank you for that, Joe. However, I will admit that my views have changed over the years, so we may not have been aligned in previous conversations. I don't know if its age, or dead children, or... but I do know we; as a nation need to do something different. I don't think my viewpoints were wrong in the past. But, I do know we have to change for the better and as the population grows - we have to grow into the future with it.

Keith

A murder/suicide committed by a woman on her boyfriend. Striking a blow for gender equality. I am woman, hear me roar?

And yes, Trump literally did send the regular "thoughts and prayers" tweet.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

A murder/suicide committed by a woman on her boyfriend. Striking a blow for gender equality. I am woman, hear me roar?

Nah, not really... Turned out to be a Turkish or Iranian woman angry at YouTube for filtering her videos so she didn't get as many views, plus she was an extreme leftist vegan PETA supporter. I've seen some of her videos. She's way the fuck out there.

In other words, just another loser.

If you can tell me a way to take guns away from just the losers than I'm all ears. Of course first you'll have to define it...

The US is the only country I can think of where a solution to having personal issues seems to be to go and murder a bunch of innocent people. How did we get here?

nolhtairt

***A murder/suicide committed by a woman on her boyfriend. Striking a blow for gender equality. I am woman, hear me roar?

Nah, not really... Turned out to be a Turkish or Iranian woman angry at YouTube for filtering her videos so she didn't get as many views, plus she was an extreme leftist vegan PETA supporter. I've seen some of her videos. She's way the fuck out there.

In other words, just another loser.

All she had to do was yell "Allah Akbar" and she'd be the darling of far right propaganda. Dammit, almost had ourselves a unicorn.

yoink

The US is the only country I can think of where a solution to having personal issues seems to be to go and murder a bunch of innocent people. How did we get here?

By continually accusing those who have personal issues of being weak.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

So far this morning I've heard / seen reports of her being Iraqi, Iranian, Turkish and Afghani.

She's Persian.

Don't worry about it America. All those shithole countries are the same anyway. Totally populated by losers.

yoink

So far this morning I've heard / seen reports of her being Iraqi, Iranian, Turkish and Afghani.

She's Persian.

Don't worry about it America. All those shithole countries are the same anyway. Totally populated by losers.

So Sad. So many haters and losers.

DJL

***So far this morning I've heard / seen reports of her being Iraqi, Iranian, Turkish and Afghani.

She's Persian.

So Sad. So many haters and losers.

Dammit. You got the reply before I managed to delete my post!
:D

My experience (and it's limited so may be wrong) is that Persian people don't like being called Iranian, despite that being their country of origin.

I'm sure they don't like being called Iraqi any more than I would.