stayhigh

Next reforms is gonna be the cops. Police goes nuts on little kids.

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.”

In another post he is critical of media coverage of the incident. “I’ve never seen such irresponsible reporting and miss management of media resources in my life,” he said.

Another McKinney resident, Bryan Gestner, posted on Facebook, “This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards, attacking a mother with three little girls. The video doesn’t show everything.” He continued saying the kids were drinking and “smoking weed” and they would not listen to any of the adults around the pool.

“This isn’t about race,” he continued. “This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood and had no respect for authority or the residents here. I have a target on my back now and I have been threatened by these punks that they are gonna shoot up my house when all I did was try to control the mob and actually tended to the girl and the boy that had a bloody lip.”

This may not fit the narrative, say it ain't so...............:S:S:S

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I think everyone agrees that cops were called upon for a reason.
However the question is,,,, did that cop had to pull out a gun?
Why not use less than lethal weapon like baton/dog/tazer?
I remember cops showing us these expandable batons during DARE class. Those were cool, they told me it is illegal for me to possess one. Why is that?
anyways
K9, running after those kids would've been kinda cool.:D:D

Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Looking at the video, the cop realizes he has two males approaching from behind. What are these two males doing approaching a cop from behind and WHAT might they be carrying?

In this case, I'm siding with the cop on this one. I'd have pulled a weapon in the same set of circumstances.

Next reforms is gonna be the cops. Police goes nuts on little kids.

So define "little." My definition are infants to 5 years old but then that's just me. I don't see little kids here. I see a bunch of adolescent kids. O&BTW, any one of these "little kids" might be carrying a weapon.

Now I've been a critic of the cops here. Skycop and I have had some lively back and forth on such issues. In this case from the video only, the cops did right. Those those "little kids" can profess their innocence all they like. My questions to each of them are 1)Why were you there? and 2)Why did you hang around when the violence began? Might they have instinctively known that the cops would be on scene in a matter of minutes so why not vacate the scene and save themselves a whole bunch of trouble with the cops?!?!?!

And before anyone tosses the race card at me, now hear this; it could have easily been a bunch of white punks making trouble and my response would be the same.

Andy9o8

Trouble! That starts with T which rhymes with P and that stands for pool!

M O O N spells moon.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

stayhigh

I think everyone agrees that cops were called upon for a reason.
Why not use less than lethal weapon like baton/dog/tazer?
I remember cops showing us these expandable batons during DARE class. Those were cool, they told me it is illegal for me to possess one. Why is that?
anyways
K9, running after those kids would've been kinda cool.:D:D

The weapon wasn't lethal. He just pointed it around while being surrounded. Was that a good choice? Probably not, but I didn't see any police brutality.

If you watch really carefully at the very beginning of the video before the cop pulls out his gun you see to "kids" moving up beside/behind him aggressively.

He didn't shoot anybody, or point his gun at anybody, but just showing his pistol, de-escalated the aggressive posturing of those two guys who are in turn chased down by 2 other officers.

As for the girl crying for her mama, I'm left with the feeling that her behavior before she was taken to the ground was a little different. Ever notice how these video's never show the behavior that attracted the cops?

I'm thinking it looked like this. You have to watch until the end for the surprise ending:ph34r::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSKGdPHU1-0

So that police never have to pull a pistol again to de-escalate a situation, I highly suggest they take a lesson from these guys on how approach a situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTYCc2ZF2o

The lions were actually scared off by the clanking of their giant brass balls....:ph34r:

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

turtlespeed

***Would you happen to have a neutral non-biased news source story?

Does CNN pass muster, is it not quite as biased enough?

Sorry, was multi tasking . . . Didn't flesh out the entire thought.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

NPR has an even better one.

It would appear that this was a social media inspired pool party that got out of control...but that IS how social media works.
Yet, given the history of running black people out of public pools, it does remind us of what has happened in the past, including in Texas.

Interesting sometimes how history effects the present.
Perplexing how some choose to ignore that.
Maybe the manager should have just poured acid on the blacks. We can't have THEM in our pools man.
[:/]

normiss

NPR has an even better one.

It would appear that this was a social media inspired pool party that got out of control...but that IS how social media works.
Yet, given the history of running black people out of public pools, it does remind us of what has happened in the past, including in Texas.

Interesting sometimes how history effects the present.
Perplexing how some choose to ignore that.
Maybe the manager should have just poured acid on the blacks. We can't have THEM in our pools man.
[:/]

What? Where are you getting race out of this?

It was about a private newborn old pool, fence jumpers, and illegal activity.

Only two guests per resident. Security called police, not because of race, but because of actions.

It perplexes me why some people perpetuate the race hatred, even when there was none to be found. But hey, why not just interject some.

What do you think does more harm in t he long run?

For some reason, the stories I recall involved dumping muriatic acid on them when they were in the pools.
Having used that stuff in our pool growing up, I cannot imagine doing that to another human.
Good thing that cop showed up to protect them this time, eh?

Andy9o8

And for more historical context on how well white people have treated black people since their ancestors were forced into slavery -

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/06/mckinney_texas_police_misconduct_at_swimming_pool_party_america_s_ugly_history.html

The more I read about the institutionalized racism that white people have subjected black people to, the more I understand the logic behind the movement for reparations to black people. They have been treated like shit by white people for generations.