RonD1120

Hope to repeal Obamacare

Yeah, I do not like religion either. As for Ham and Nye, now there's a set up for a joke, I don't know them.

Jesus Christ desires that people grow to their full potential in God. Religion tends to hold folks to ritualized behavior. With Christ you have complete freedom with the guidance by the Holy Spirit to do God's will. It is a journey and we are pilgrims just passing through.

Life is a temporary hold over for the Christian.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Understanding that I think we both agree the book was written as a story, and not a historical documentation of a magical flying man, do you agree that there are topics, and stories inside that are actually a good way to live by if your smart enough to filter out the BS and crazy parts?

Such as not killing, not stealing, how to treat one another kindly, etc, etc.

Two hours and forty-five minutes. Man, at this age I don't have that kind of time. I tell my wife not to even buy green bananas. Besides, all of my questions have been answered.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

cvfd1399

Understanding that I think we both agree the book was written as a story, and not a historical documentation of a magical flying man, do you agree that there are topics, and stories inside that are actually a good way to live by if your smart enough to filter out the BS and crazy parts?

Such as not killing, not stealing, how to treat one another kindly, etc, etc.

Then whole lot of cops are failing on those points....

RonD1120

You are right.

How long do you think we have before the Rapture or when Jesus returns? At this time, scholars are focusing on September, 2015 as a very significant time in the Hebrew calendar.

Add it to the list of utter bollocks predictions...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

September, 2001 was significant.
September, 2008 was significant.
September, 2015 may be significant.

That's all I am sayin'.

Shemitah, Hebrew calendar year 5775 and tetrad blood moons, it is of interest to some folks. Maybe nothin', I for one am not the least bit worried.

9,01 the U.S was attacked by Islamic terrorists and 9,08 there was an economic collapse. It was in the papers.

9,01 the U.S was attacked by Islamic terrorists...

Since the New World hadn't been discovered yet, and Islam hadn't been invented yet, how did the author of the Bible let modern readers know that's what He was talking about?

... and 9,08 there was an economic collapse

In the grand scheme of things, the economic collapse of 2008 was hardly a blip. There have been much worse economic collapses over the last 2000 years. You're just focused on the 2008 collapse because it happened recently. If the author of the Bible were trying to warn people of the end of days, he should have picked a much better signal than a minor recession.

- Dan G

billvon

>Add it to the list of utter bollocks predictions...

Whatever happened to Chuteless and his meteor that would destroy DC? I thought that was supposed to happen 6 years ago. He read it in the Bible.

It seems that th'lord decided to punish us by leaving DC intact. If we repent now, maybe the meteor will return and save us.

RonD1120

September, 2001 was significant.
September, 2008 was significant.
September, 2015 may be significant.

That's all I am sayin'.

You can't say more as you do not know anything more.

But:
I know what will come after Sept. 2015: Promise6, presented by you. :ph34r:

Chuteless could be of help for you. He grimly used to follow the red line (hidden in figures/words, simply: all) to eternal paradise in his KJB.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

So far it is costing me $1822.92 more this year than it did last year. That along with the fact that the VA has kicked me out of their system is making me feel more insecure about the government.

Praise the Lord, rejoice in all things.

So far it is costing me $1822.92 more this year than it did last year.

Are you saying that Medicare is not covering things it did before? I'm not old enough to use Medicare yet, I'm just trying to understand.

That along with the fact that the VA has kicked me out of their system is making me feel more insecure about the government.

You need to fight that hard and fast. If you need to, get the VFW involved. They have people who specialize in dealing with the VA BS.

- Dan G

When I first signed up for Medicare, Part B cost about $98/mo which was deducted from my SS check. They still deduct it but now I have to buy supplemental insurance.

I am fighting the VA with service reps. They tell me it can be straightened out, bureaucratic red tape they say.

RonD1120

9,01 the U.S was attacked by Islamic terrorists and 9,08 there was an economic collapse. It was in the papers.

Thank you for your sarcasm. I still fail to see how this has even the slightest impact on your 'end of days' nonsense?

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

cvfd1399

[there are] stories inside that are actually a good way to live by if your smart enough to filter out the BS and crazy parts?

Ah, there's the rub.

You're familiar with tuning forks, right? U-shaped metal bar with a handle, you bang it on something, and after waiting a couple seconds for the overtones to dampen out you get a nice clean reference tone that's always at the same one frequency. That frequency is a function of density, stiffness, and dimensions of the prongs.

The interesting question in all of that to an engineer (or anyone who has had some other reason to study Fourier analysis) is, "what's with the banging it on something? Why does that excite this one frequency, and how come it works on any tuning fork?"

Well, when you bang the fork you're imparting something that approximates what's called a Dirac delta function. A fancy name for an infinitely short duration, infinitely high spike. If you look at the frequency content of this function (the math here is a hoot, but I'll spare everyone) you'll find that it's composed equally of all frequencies. All of them... i.e. there's something for every fork. You just hit the fork with all frequencies and it filtered out the one it liked best.

If you pack a book full of enough complete bullshit and hit someone over the head with it, they're going to resonate with the parts of it they like best. But what they come away with says a hell of a lot more about them than the book you happened to have handy.