Amazon

Cop Slams Pregnant Woman To Ground When She Says She Doesn’t Have to Show ID

I don't know if what I saw was a slam or not. I saw a woman who chose not to comply with a request to identify herself followed by an overly dramatic response. I'm wondering if being mishandled by law enforcement is the new winning lottery ticket.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Fuck I just drove through there on my way home from vacation.

So just FYI in the state of California you do not have to provide ID unless you are accused of a crime. If ask to identify yourself all you are legally obligate to do is give your full name and address.

Amazon

Way to go Barstow..

You will comply in the police state,,,, STOP RESISTING

I wonder how much this woman will get when she sues.

The question we all would like to know the answer to is what would YOU do if you were in her exact same situation?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

The question we all would like to know the answer to is what would YOU do if you were in her exact same situation?

well, I'd freak out, I don't even have a uterus

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***The question we all would like to know the answer to is what would YOU do if you were in her exact same situation?

well, I'd freak out, I don't even have a uterus

I just want to know if Amazon will comply. :ph34r:
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

>I'm wondering if being mishandled by law enforcement is the new winning lottery ticket.

Could be. And if we reach a day when a cop thinks "damn, I really want to deck this uppity pregnant woman, but I don't want to give her that winning lottery ticket" that will, overall, be a good thing.

And when cops start saying say damn he really needs to be caught for that crime but I don't want him to get hurt in the process and sue me, then let's him go it will be a bad thing.

I think we can stop at "so let's not kill him" or "so let's not beat the crap out of him."

If there are cops out there that can't deal with both law-abiding citizens and criminals without beating them or killing them, then we are better off if they just let both types go. Let the better cops handle dealing with people.

cvfd1399

Good luck getting better cops to put up with today's bullshit while getting paid peanuts. That's how you got here, pay 25k starting salary that tops out at 49k 30 years from now.

That would require a tax increase so would be opposed at ever turn by the GOP

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

cvfd1399

And when cops start saying say damn he really needs to be caught for that crime but I don't want him to get hurt in the process and sue me, then let's him go it will be a bad thing.

To be fair, I think that making sure cops know what is and is not crime, and what authority they do and do not have will only help both situations, don't you?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They do, but combine that with thousands upon thousands of laws that change every session, and a bottom of the barrel workforce in some locations is how you end up sometimes with that.

Case in point yesterday I was in target, and a kid who had to be mid 20's has a high point (POS) pistol half in and half out of his waistband.

I was going to say something, but for the life of me I could not remember if they changed the law where to comply with open carry it had to be 100% out in the open, or if IWB but shirt tucked in to show majority of the weapon was ok. I was with my 8 yo daughter so I just walked the other way, and got what we needed and left.

They do, but combine that with thousands upon thousands of laws that change every session, and a bottom of the barrel workforce in some locations is how you end up sometimes with that.

Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defence for a civilian. Not sure why you think it would be for LEO.

SkyDekker

Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defence for a civilian. Not sure why you think it would be for LEO.

Where did I say it was?

SkyDekker

The Roberts SCOTUS recently decided that ignorance of the law is totally acceptable if you are an LEO.
Another totally horrendous decision by the Reich Wing judicial activists on SCOTUS. Our freedoms are eroding right before our eyes.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/15/370995815/supreme-court-rules-traffic-stop-ok-despite-misunderstanding-of-law

Sure, thousands upon thousands of laws the majority of which a beat cop will never be anywhere near the investigation or enforcement of. Stopping citizens, asking questions and demanding information is something they do every day - and knowing what their powers are in those situations is a fundamental requirement for being able to do their jobs.

I was going to say something, but for the life of me I could not remember if they changed the law where to comply with open carry it had to be 100% out in the open, or if IWB but shirt tucked in to show majority of the weapon was ok.

Is it your job to know that?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

cvfd1399

Good luck getting better cops to put up with today's bullshit while getting paid peanuts. That's how you got here, pay 25k starting salary that tops out at 49k 30 years from now.

Around here starting pay is $78k, steps up annually to $104k after 7 years. Even police academy pays at an annualized rate of $66k. Not to mention retirement pay and retirement health insurance benefits, the like of which pretty much nobody has any more in the corporate/private sector.

"Special duty". Not knowing what that means exactly if it's a paid detail or not, but those are paid by a private company requesting the officer to the department, and added to their salary so taxes can be deducted for them, but are not paid for by tax payers which can look real deceiving if you did not know.