Amazon

“You went to bed and woke up stupid this morning, huh?”

Sucks to be stupid...... but its at epidemic levels in some places.

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/22/armed-victim-to-carjacker-so-you-just-woke-up-stupid-this-morning-video/

A recent attempted carjacking at an Atlanta Family Dollar didn’t quite go as planned when the would-be victim, who was armed with a handgun, turned the tables on the suspect.

Amazon

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/22/armed-victim-to-carjacker-so-you-just-woke-up-stupid-this-morning-video/

A recent attempted carjacking at an Atlanta Family Dollar didn’t quite go as planned when the would-be victim, who was armed with a handgun, turned the tables on the suspect.

I'm having difficulty understanding whether or not you support the gun owner's actions.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***Sucks to be stupid...... but its at epidemic levels in some places.

I'm having difficulty understanding whether or not you support the gun owner's actions.

Perhaps if you paid attention to what I type instead of just affixing your LIBERAL label automagically to certain posters.... you would find that I support and defend the 2nd... as well as all of the other parts of the Constitution. I stood up and swore to that 44 years ago.. and I support it to this day I meant it and still do.

airdvr

I'm having difficulty understanding why those evil racist cops didn't do their job and tackle that black guy after he placed his gun on the ground...

...they're slipping.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Andy9o8

the doors automatically unlocked

One of the more butthole-stupid features in many cars...

I hadn't heard of this "feature" before.:S
Thank goodness I have a manual transmission and manual doorlocks.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

airdvr

Same here. Guess the reply she gave you put you in your place tho so your good now, don't you go questioning her beliefs anymore.

Amazon

A well handled situation from a guy that clearly trains for situations like this.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

airdvr

i think Amazon has nothing against guns or gun owners as long as they act responsibly.

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

******Sucks to be stupid...... but its at epidemic levels in some places.

I think Amazon has nothing against guns or gun owners as long as they act responsibly.

Indeed.

And a bit of training in the proper care and use for everyone starting in grade school to learn that responsibility because many adults fail on that whole responsibility thing.[:/]

Amazon

*********Sucks to be stupid...... but its at epidemic levels in some places.

I think Amazon has nothing against guns or gun owners as long as they act responsibly.

Indeed.

And a bit of training in the proper care and use for everyone starting in grade school to learn that responsibility because many adults fail on that whole responsibility thing.[:/]

Damn, wouldn't that have been a great class to take. "Firearms and how to use them"

Can you fucking EVEV imagine the pushback from the left on that one?:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

************Sucks to be stupid...... but its at epidemic levels in some places.

Indeed.

Damn, wouldn't that have been a great class to take. "Firearms and how to use them"

Can you fucking EVEV imagine the pushback from the left on that one?:D

I got that class from my grandfather and grandmother.( she was a better shot anyway).. from a very early age.. as has been done in our family for a few hundred years. Too many nimrods these days are freaking clueless and don't have a firm grip on anything approaching fire arms safety so how can they be expected to pass on knowledge they themselves do not have.

turtlespeed

[

Can you fucking EVEN imagine the pushback from the left on that one?:D

Well, when the NRA came out with the "Eddie Eagle" program, a course designed for kids that teaches "Don't touch, get away & tell an adult", the anti-gun crowd went bananas about it. They didn't even look at the material. They just didn't want the "Evil NRA" indoctrinating their kids (they want to indoctrinate the kids themselves).

However, one of the High Schools near me has a "Life Sports" phys ed class. It exposes the kids to a variety of sports that they might actually continue with after high school. Laser tag, weightlifting, Karate, frisbee golf, archery and...

Guns.
2 days at the range I'm part of. Day one is basic safety, gun handling and marksmanship with bolt-action rifles.
Day two is the "cool toys" Usually an AK, AR, SKS, a WW1 bolt (Mauser, Mosin/Nagant, Enfield or Springfield) and a selection of pistols - 22, .380, .38/357, .40 & .45.

The kids are all seniors, and really love it. Some take the entire class just for the shooting part. They are an absolute blast to work with.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

turtlespeed

You don't live on the west or east coast, do you.

I live about as far to the west on the WET Coast as you can get.... and we actually have pretty sane carry laws.. except for this new crap of rules on how to sell a weapon to other people... I think it will not last long.

Amazon

***You don't live on the west or east coast, do you.

I live about as far to the west on the WET Coast as you can get.... and we actually have pretty sane carry laws.. except for this new crap of rules on how to sell a weapon to other people... I think it will not last long.

Do you have anything close to that school program?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

******You don't live on the west or east coast, do you.

Not in schools that I know of.. but there are youth programs all over the place... and young hunter education if you want your kid to get a hunting license.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/huntered/

Amazon

*********You don't live on the west or east coast, do you.

Not in schools that I know of.. but there are youth programs all over the place... and young hunter education if you want your kid to get a hunting license.

It should be a free option, in public school, like an elective, or intermurals program.

That is my point. You won't ever see that in California.

turtlespeed

************You don't live on the west or east coast, do you.

It should be a free option, in public school, like an elective, or intermurals program.

Perhaps you could research WHERE any such course is actually offered.. even in Red State Heaven... I am sure that course would have been cut right after music programs or other activities.. its not common core or sports..... ITS CUT as waste.

You shouldn't need a school, something like gun safety should be taught at home, and I seriously question the manhood of any man, uncle, grandfather that cant fill that role. Im sure in certain situations there wont be a man in the house but in that case the woman should have been taught by her father, etc ,etc and can fill that role.

It should be like a right of passage as you grow up. Like being taught to ride your first bike, throw a ball, your dad taking you down a dirt road to learn to drive etc. Its sad that there are households that are having to play catch up here on this!

And I think that operating heavy machinery that can kill someone easily (which both cars and guns are) should have professional instruction included. Because we all know idiots who drive like crap and think they're awesome - how do you think they'll teach their kids? And the idiots who leave guns around where kids can get at them, or who are looking for justification and/or opportunity for their firearms, are also probably not the best sole instructors.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

And I think that operating heavy machinery that can kill someone easily (which both cars and guns are) should have professional instruction included. Because we all know idiots who drive like crap and think they're awesome - how do you think they'll teach their kids? And the idiots who leave guns around where kids can get at them, or who are looking for justification and/or opportunity for their firearms, are also probably not the best sole instructors.

Wendy P.

Always the voice of reason.

Amazon

***************You don't live on the west or east coast, do you.

Perhaps you could research WHERE any such course is actually offered.. even in Red State Heaven... I am sure that course would have been cut right after music programs or other activities.. its not common core or sports..... ITS CUT as waste.

Why would I need to? My point is that in California, the likelyhood of it being part of any curriculum is less than zero. It SHOULD be offered as an elective, or at the very least an intermural activity.

What does it matter that you hate red states and and want to defend the blue ones?

I'm speaking to what should be, not what is.