jgoose71

2 Mississippi Police Officers Fatally Shot

Reports right now are that one suspect is in custody and one is still on the loose.

Has a war between the African American youth and the police officially started? How do you think this will turn out for the youth? Think it will help the stereo types?

"He's black? Obviously an upstanding member of the community...."

That one of the Police Officers shot was African American probably has Al Sharpton's head spinning on what to do.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/report-2-mississippi-officers-fatally-shot-suspect-sought/ar-BBjvYBd
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Andy9o8

Sharpton's name has become the Godwin of American racists.

Utterly predictable. Yawn.

and

You should be proud of yourself
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Andy9o8

Sharpton's name has become the Godwin of American racists.

Utterly predictable. Yawn.

Hmmm.

Evidently you have no issue with the killings, but hey, lets appear to defend the good name of Al Sharpton, he knows what is best for the Black community, and is such a stand up guy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's sad really, what i really wanted to know is how everyone felt about all the police being murdered by African Americans, and this is what gets focused on.

I guess liberals feel that the murder of police is justified, as long as it's by an African American....[:/]

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

It's sad really, what i really wanted to know is how everyone felt about all the police being murdered by African Americans, and this is what gets focused on.

I guess liberals feel that the murder of police is justified, as long as it's by an African American....[:/]

I think you are "guessing" wrong due to some serious bias.... look within and try to find reality.:S

jgoose71

I don't see the slightest evidence to support your fantasy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***It's sad really, what i really wanted to know is how everyone felt about all the police being murdered by African Americans, and this is what gets focused on.

I don't see the slightest evidence to support your fantasy.

Where was their outrage for events like this?????

http://www.odmp.org/officer/reflections/18137-officer-james-walter-sell

jgoose71

I'm a liberal, and I'm sorry when anyone is murdered, regardless of the skin color of the murderer or the victim. If you really believe that liberals support the murder of police officers by anyone, all I can do is feel sorry for you.

I made a statement of objective observation. You seem to be trying to apply it subjectively. My statement was neutral. The irony is with you.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jgoose71

And as long as Al Sharpton is defended, its is all good.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jgoose71

...Has a war between the African American youth and the police officially started?...

No.

This one, the one in NYC, and a recent one here in Wisconsin were all typical "Bad guy doesn't want to go to jail, panics & shoots cop" situations.

This shooting (in MS) is a textbook case of why traffic stops are one of the top 2 dangerous situations for cops (the other being domestic disputes).

The cop never knows exactly what he's going to encounter.
It could be a "soccer mom" who's in a hurry, it could be an armed robber who just shot the clerk at the convenience store a mile up the road.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***...Has a war between the African American youth and the police officially started?...

No.

This one, the one in NYC, and a recent one here in Wisconsin were all typical "Bad guy doesn't want to go to jail, panics & shoots cop" situations.

This shooting (in MS) is a textbook case of why traffic stops are one of the top 2 dangerous situations for cops (the other being domestic disputes).

It could be a "soccer mom" who's in a hurry, it could be an armed robber who just shot the clerk at the convenience store a mile up the road.

No one said it is an easy job having to deal with real criminal scum.... and I appreciate the work many of them do.

I do draw the line when they cross a line and stop protecting and serving and start treating every one of their "contacts" the same way as they do a scumbag... then they are the scumbags.

Amazon

******...Has a war between the African American youth and the police officially started?...

No.

No one said it is an easy job having to deal with real criminal scum.... and I appreciate the work many of them do.

I do draw the line when they cross a line and stop protecting and serving and start treating every one of their "contacts" the same way as they do a scumbag... then they are the scumbags.

It truly takes a special person to have the fortitude, bravery, tolerance and sensitivity to be an effective police officer without prejudice. It's a tough line to follow. Not everybody can do it.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

It truly takes a special person to have the fortitude, bravery, tolerance and sensitivity to be an effective police officer without prejudice. It's a tough line to follow. Not everybody can do it.

I don't buy it - It shouldn't take a 'special' person to be able to just be decent at heart and do the job as intended.

The exception is the creeps, not the good guys.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>It shouldn't take a 'special' person to be able to just be decent at heart and
>do the job as intended.

I think it takes a special person to be able to be decent at heart and do a good job while in an environment of:

-the public you deal with on a daily basis, most of whom are very unhappy to see you
-the criminals you deal with, who often would rather see you dead
-the colleagues you work with, some of whom abuse their position and encourage you to do the same

Not everyone can be a good cop, and I appreciate the ones who do a good job in a tough environment.

I don't buy it - It shouldn't take a 'special' person to be able to just be decent at heart and do the job as intended.

I think it takes a 'special' person to do many jobs. I couldn't be a cop, I have too high a temper. On the other hand, most people couldn;t do my job. There are many jobs that any Joe Schmoe can do, and many that require special skills or abilities. I think being a cop is one of the latter.

- Dan G

billvon

>It shouldn't take a 'special' person to be able to just be decent at heart and
>do the job as intended.

I think it takes a special person to be able to be decent at heart and do a good job while in an environment of:

-the public you deal with on a daily basis, most of whom are very unhappy to see you
-the criminals you deal with, who often would rather see you dead
-the colleagues you work with, some of whom abuse their position and encourage you to do the same

Not everyone can be a good cop, and I appreciate the ones who do a good job in a tough environment.

The good ones won't turn a blind eye to the bad ones.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I guess liberals feel that the murder of police is justified, as long as it's by an African
>American...

Well, everyone could take the approach that the right wingers take, I guess.

"The cops were resisting. Simple - don't resist and you don't get shot. Too bad they couldn't figure that out."

"The cops were violent thugs; they had been investigated before. They were certainly no choirboys."

Fortunately most people are better than that.