rushmc

Fox News is the most trusted television outlet for news.

SkyDekker

Seems that in this community people can only think in binairy terms, kind of silly really.

well, there are those that do
and those that don't

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Here's a list of links, mostly about CNN's lies.

This is what I love about Speaker's Corner.

A: Fox doesn't lie, YOU LIE!
B: That's not true.
A: It's a FACT. I guess you can't handle FACTS!
B: Here's a list of fifty lies from FOX.
A: Yeah, well . . . uh . . . CNN lies too!

billvon

Here's a list of links, mostly about CNN's lies.

This is what I love about Speaker's Corner.

A: Fox doesn't lie, YOU LIE!
B: That's not true.
A: It's a FACT. I guess you can't handle FACTS!
B: Here's a list of fifty lies from FOX.
A: Yeah, well . . . uh . . . CNN lies too!

Right.

And the people that watch CNN know that CNN lies. And know not to believe it.

But, unfortunatley, the people that watch Fox believe the lies. Because they trust it.

And end up being less informed (and more misinformed) than people that don't watch any news.

And of course, the usual suspects will disagree with that study.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

But, unfortunatley, the people that watch Fox believe the lies. Because they trust it.

Got any numbers to prove that?

Most people that that I associate with that watches news channels googles any of that questionable shit through multiple channels before spreading it.

Anytime someone comes into the station and spouts some questionable shit is immediately met with multiple phones in hand searching the topic.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Got any numbers to prove that?

Most people that that I associate with that watches news channels googles any of that questionable shit through multiple channels before spreading it.

Anytime someone comes into the station and spouts some questionable shit is immediately met with multiple phones in hand searching the topic.

Did you read the title of the thread?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Quote:

Sorry but a poll of 1200 does not mean much to me, and I'm wondering if you have anything more substantial data to back up that statement. Kinda bold statement to imply "the people" meaning all of them and not simply state some of them or most of them.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Well if we have 1200 polled in the US. Thats roughly 24 in each state unless you go by population but anyways. Simply polling a male and a female limits that to 12 of each sex. Add in at attempt to get a mix of different voter brands, race, remoteness from each other in the state, religion etc and your looking at something like this from each state.

1 white male republican
1 white male democrat
1 white male independent
1 white female republican
1 white female democrat
1 white female independent
1 black male republican
1 black male democrat
1 black male independent
1 black female republican
1 black female democrat
1 black female independent
add in other races, religion, etc etc etc, and you end up only getting to ask the opinion of 1 person from a sub group. A guy from LSU was on the radio talking about polls and stated that he felt comfortable with 300 for a small town 500 for a medium town and 1000 for a state wide pole. By those numbers this poll would need to be 50,000 for a political science professor to be comfortable with this outcome.

I still dont trust that low of a number. I dont believe you can honestly tell me what everyone is thinking on a subject by asking 1-2 of a certain anything from an entire state. And that is if they do what you would hope they would and get a good crosssection of the U.S. What if they just called all 1200 from the gulf south area...of COURSE you would get those kind of results.

Like the LSU professor said, dont ever trust a poll a candidate puts out because out of the dozens of polls he did this was the one that came out in his favor, what you should be looking for is the other 11 that showed what people really think. There is an agenda for everything no matter how bipartisan, or blind the funding. Look how many came out from both sides on the global warming. People were paying to get the result they wanted.

A guy from LSU was on the radio talking about polls and stated that he felt comfortable with 300 for a small town 500 for a medium town and 1000 for a state wide pole. By those numbers this poll would need to be 50,000 for a political science professor to be comfortable with this outcome.

Uhhh, no. That's not how it works. Not even close.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>A guy from LSU was on the radio talking about polls and stated that he felt
>comfortable with 300 for a small town 500 for a medium town and 1000 for a
>state wide pole. . By those numbers this poll would need to be 50,000 for a
>political science professor to be comfortable with this outcome.

Nope. Disregarding the assumption that each state is exactly the same population, that doesn't work anyway.

As an example, to get a poll with a 5% margin of error and a 95% confidence interval in a town of 30,000, you'd need a poll of 7800 people. To get the same accuracy in a poll of the entire US (30 million people, or 1000 times more) you'd need a poll of 10,600 people - not even twice as many.

Andy9o8

Exactly. I've posted on this before. The people will basically answer like they would a popularity contest, choosing the outlet they happen to watch the most. Fox is the only very-conservative major outlet on TV; the rest are either liberal or moderate. So the conservatives vote for their 1 option, while the mods and libs split their votes. Statistical illusions.

It's also much like the "splitting the vote" effect in elections. If you have a strong independent candidate, he'll hurt the Republican candidate if he's also conservative, or will hurt the Democratic candidate if he's also liberal or if he's very moderate. (For example, Perot's candidacy probably hurt GHW Bush's re-election campaign and helped Clinton's campaign in 1992.)

Nice try, Marc. Your usual fail :P, but nice try.

This post nails it. Not only does it show Mark's fail, it shows that there are plenty of people on both sides of the aisle doing the same thing.

rushmc

A Quinnipiac poll of 1286 registered voters released Monday shows that Fox News is the most trusted television outlet for news. Fox News earned the trust of 29% of those asked which network they trusted the most. MSNBC came in dead last at 7%. The once legendary broadcast networks, CBS News, NBC News, and ABC News flamed out at 10%, 10%, and 8%, respectively.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2173

Let the flaming begin:D

This writing is an excellent summary of the facts about Faux Spews with regard to their journalistic credibility and accomplishments.

Begin quoted text >>>

A recent letter touting the virtues of Fox “News” made me laugh. The chosen channel of the underinformed is an entertainment outlet for the right wing of America, not a credible news channel.

There are awards for news journalism, most notably The Peabody Awards, followed by the Emmy Awards for news, the Polk Awards, the Loeb Awards, the Edward R. Murrow Awards, the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Awards, the Investigative Reporters and Editors Awards and the duPont-Columbia Award, which is considered news journalism’s equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize.

Since 1996, the year of Fox News’ launch, there have been more than 750 of these prestigious awards for excellence in news reporting given to PBS, NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg News, HBO and the BBC. Nickelodeon even won a Peabody Award for public service. These awards organizations recognize excellence in news quality and not popularity or commercial success.

How many news journalism awards has Fox News won? None! Fox News has zero awards for journalism.

It worries me that Fox “News” is watched by more people than other credible news sources.

It is very bad for the USA to have millions of people believe that which is factually wrong. I am sure the Joseph Goebbels is very proud of the "accomplishments" of Faux Spews.

billvon

>I am sure the Joseph Goebbels is very proud of the "accomplishments" of Faux Spews.

Pretty sure he's not proud of anything right now.

Goebbels? Yeah, he's probably getting his daily pineapple shoved backwards up his ass by Satan, along with Hitler. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oucm_lj50
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

After his (in)famous Sportpalast speech Goebbels wrote in his diary: "This hour of idiocy! If I had said to the people, jump out the fourth floor of Columbushaus, they would have done that too."

I'd be really curious whether Fox News moderators believe their own stories themselves or rather despise their audience for actually trusting them.
Some stories just sound too incredible to accept that they believe them themselves (no-go areas for non-Muslims in Europe come to mind, but then again that may not look as ridiculous from your side of the water as it does from mine).

gunver79

After his (in)famous Sportpalast speech Goebbels wrote in his diary: "This hour of idiocy! If I had said to the people, jump out the fourth floor of Columbushaus, they would have done that too."

I'd be really curious whether Fox News moderators believe their own stories themselves or rather despise their audience for actually trusting them.
Some stories just sound too incredible to accept that they believe them themselves (no-go areas for non-Muslims in Europe come to mind, but then again that may not look as ridiculous from your side of the water as it does from mine).

Never underestimate the ability of the weak of mind to embrace that much bullshit with glee on a daily basis as long as the skirts are short .