jclalor

Obama hates America

I think that the ability to change ones mind after life experiences or knowledge is excellent. In politics your two faced if you do that as 12 online markets and 100 news papers, and every person you run against from now on has you on record as saying one thing then another, and will throw it in your face.(same thing in this forum btw) Take evolution and creation. I highly doubt a Rhodes scholar, and biology major like Bobby Jindal really believes in creationism, but it would be career suicide for him to say he believes in evolution.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

RonD1120

I have read your posts for about six years now. They follow a pattern of looking backward. For you it appears that every decision must be based on evidence previously established.

Is the italicized part bad in your view? What else would you base your decisions on, if not the available evidence? Guesswork? Speculation? Fantasy? Just wondering.

The soul is the intellect, emotions and will. God made us a free moral agent not a robot. We love Him by choice. Our path to Him is through Jesus Christ.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Examine evidence to make decisions inside your sphere of consciousness. Exercise faith when deciding to extend beyond your sphere of consciousness.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Examine evidence to make decisions inside your sphere of consciousness. Exercise faith when deciding to extend beyond your sphere of consciousness.

Some folks would argue that it is impossible to "extend beyond your sphere of consciousness." I'm thinking of the empiricists.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/186146/empiricism

Even if you could "extend beyond your sphere of consciousness," how would you know you were doing it? You would be aware of any "extension," so it would be part of your consciousness.

RonD1120

The switch is either on or off. When you are born again you receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as a guide. You make mistakes, that is you deviate from the teachings of Jesus, but you are still on the path. Your name is still written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

When you pass from this existence and stand in judgment before Jesus Christ. The only pass into eternal life is that you accepted Him, His deity, His atoning death and Resurrection. With that acceptance you surrender yourself and ask Jesus to come into your heart and become your Lord and master.

Without making that decision you are a sinner, separated from God and lost.

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. To that end we must be saved and we seek to be sanctified. Sanctification takes a lifetime because no one gets it all from the get go. It takes exercising your will in a righteous manner.

You can get into the Kingdom of God without being sanctified but you cannot enter without being saved.

It's a process not a project. Annie, is a educated women with a Master degree from an Ivy League college. Raised in a family that did not believe in God/Jesus much less have a desire to associate with those who did, yet there she sits with my family in church this morning, changed.

jclalor

Instead of going down in history as "America's Mayor" during 911, he's gonna go down as a babbling old bigot.

Scott Walker should clarify his own views, he sure does looks like a coward.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/rudy-giuliani-obama-america-love/index.html

I don't believe President Obama hates America, maybe it's nothing more than he doesn't respect the nation as much as others before him.

RonD1120

The soul is the intellect, emotions and will. God made us a free moral agent not a robot. We love Him by choice. Our path to Him is through Jesus Christ.

So if a baby dies just after birth, the sins they were born with are then sending them to hell.

Seems a little wonky.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***The soul is the intellect, emotions and will. God made us a free moral agent not a robot. We love Him by choice. Our path to Him is through Jesus Christ.

So if a baby dies just after birth, the sins they were born with are then sending them to hell.

Seems a little wonky.

The baby has not sinned and thus would not be damed to hell. Just saying

Channman

******The soul is the intellect, emotions and will. God made us a free moral agent not a robot. We love Him by choice. Our path to Him is through Jesus Christ.

Seems a little wonky.

When does sin start then? The first time the baby keeps its parents up at night? The first time they draw on a wall? I thought the whole issue was original sin, and that you're damned until you do something about it. Baby's get a semi-pass, but if they're not baptised then they go to purgatory. Or something.

What if the baby grows up and does sinful things according to the Bible, but they were born in one of the many many many countries that doesn't have Christianity as a core faith? If they're not exposed to it and don't know that some other countries god is the real one, are they really sinning?

Makes it seem like the whole game's kinda stacked to set a whole bunch of people up to fail... You know, unless they just comply. :)
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Channman

Um, maybe you should tell your friends that:

Born Again Christian – The Meaning
The term “born again Christian” is an often misunderstood. If we look to its original reference, we see that the meaning is not about a physical birth, but about receiving a spiritual renewal. Since the original sin in the garden by Adam (Genesis 3), all mankind is born in a corrupted state by inheritance. It is by that our soul needs to be reborn—made pure and righteous again—the way God created us to be. He provided the way for this to happen, but because God gave us free will, we have a choice to accept it or not.

The baby doesn't need to sin. It's already corrupted.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jclalor

***I am for sure saying that BHO does not want America to get healthy. We are divided to the point of civil war. We have lost respect to a greater level world wide. We are disrespecting long standing allies. We are punishing individual achievement. We are expressing sympathy to the evil of the Daesh. Why is that? It is because evil is unabashedly occupying the White House and most of the U.S. Congress.

You got to try and let some of that "Christian Joy" shine through every now and then, look how happy your JC looks.

JC?! I thought that was Bob Marley!

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

In Boston, there's at least one mass grave for unbaptized babies. I don't think the puritans thought they were going to heaven

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Channman

******The soul is the intellect, emotions and will. God made us a free moral agent not a robot. We love Him by choice. Our path to Him is through Jesus Christ.

Seems a little wonky.

Ron says we are born sinners, so unless we are born again immediately after birth we would have to be playing Russian roulette with our souls.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Channman

***Instead of going down in history as "America's Mayor" during 911, he's gonna go down as a babbling old bigot.

Scott Walker should clarify his own views, he sure does looks like a coward.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/rudy-giuliani-obama-america-love/index.html

I don't believe President Obama hates America, maybe it's nothing more than he doesn't respect the nation as much as others before him.
You mean like GW Bush and Dan Quayle using National Guard to avoid getting drafted to Nam, or GW Bush's chronic AWOL's once he was in the Guard, or Cheney's use of FIVE deferments to avoid the draft altogether because he "had other priorities", or the deferments taken by, say, Rudy Giuliani, Paul Wolfowitz, Karl Rove, etc., etc.? And I didn't see GW Bush urging his military-age daughters to volunteer to deploy to Iraq like the children of Joe Biden, or John McCain or John Kallend did.

Look, most of us in here are not morons. If you're not intellectually consistent, you leave yourself vulnerable to charges of hypocrisy. Just sayin'.

In the counseling field we encourage clients to think outside the box. I choose to use sphere of consciousness. The concept being, if you want to change you life you have to learn to think in new ways, embrace the unknown.

Living life on life's term can be very scary for those who have insulated themselves from the emotions associated with daily living.

Faith in some belief is required. I chose Jesus after trying several other unsuccessful paths.

Children are born with the original sin of desiring to choose self instead of choosing relationship with God.

There is a concept, which I have some difficulty totally comprehending, called the age of accountability. It holds that you cannot be held in negative judgment until you are old enough to know how to make the right choice.

It is the basis of the argument against baptizing very young children and considering them saved.