jclalor

American Sniper

jclalor

And just what was trying to be portrayed at the end, when he walks up on his kids and then on his wife pointing a revolver at her? She seemed to think it was no bid deal, that was bizarre.

That was odd... some sort of "Texas role-playing" maybe? Pretty stupid imo.

jclalor

I guess it was nominated for all those awards before they knew the guy was a pathological liar.

His lies that he shot looters during Katrina, shot ant killed 2 robbers in Texas, with out any investigation by the police, and that he also beat up a Governor seem not to matter.

I also thought the movie sucked.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/film/62133/american-sniper-five-things-the-film-gets-wrong

Since your calling a dead man a Liar please post your facts that he lied. You seem to have undeniable proof so lets hear it. As for the defamation lawsuit the judge changed the rules the jury was hung. They should win on appeal.

Last I do not believe for a second you even went to see the movie, and if you actually went it was for no other reason then to once again show your anti Americanism.

It will always be amazing to me the lack of respect shown to the men and women that make it possible for you to have the freedom have the opinions that you do. Me id prefer to ship you off to Iraq and let you see how far your opinions get you.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

***I guess it was nominated for all those awards before they knew the guy was a pathological liar.

His lies that he shot looters during Katrina, shot ant killed 2 robbers in Texas, with out any investigation by the police, and that he also beat up a Governor seem not to matter.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/film/62133/american-sniper-five-things-the-film-gets-wrong

Since your calling a dead man a Liar please post your facts that he lied. You seem to have undeniable proof so lets hear it. As for the defamation lawsuit the judge changed the rules the jury was hung. They should win on appeal.

Last I do not believe for a second you even went to see the movie, and if you actually went it was for no other reason then to once again show your anti Americanism.

It will always be amazing to me the lack of respect shown to the men and women that make it possible for you to have the freedom have the opinions that you do. Me id prefer to ship you off to Iraq and let you see how far your opinions get you.

How does his (or your, or my) freedom depend in any way on the invasion of Iraq?

catfishhunter

***I guess it was nominated for all those awards before they knew the guy was a pathological liar.

For starters, it's just not me calling a dead vet a liar, so did a jury in awarding a $1.7 million libel verdict by Jessie Ventura ( I hate Ventura) that was also upheld on appeal. This was no secret. He wasn't even in the same state when he claims to have punched Ventura, not to mention the shit he claimed that Ventura said.

Perhaps you should also be amazed at now Kile treated fellow veteran and defender of freedom Ventura. I know Jessie is a clown, but what Kile said was patently false.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/us/jesse-ventura-chris-kyle-navy-seal-book-lawsuit.html?_r=0

[url]"http://youtu.be/ZWPNZK6MlrQ[url]

And FWIW, The only reason I went to see it was because my GF talked me into it. I'm also way too critical of 90% of movies I see, I'm not surprised I disliked it. I also will admit to googling every movie I see, this is how I found out about his love of telling tall Tales.

The best movie of the year IMHO, "The Grand Budapest Hotel".

im not sure at all about this but I thought I remember hearing that the lawsuit was still going after kyles death and that ventura changed it to go after his wife following his death. Any one know if that is true and what part it plays in the whole situation.

A veteran's view of the movie. Side note: The book is amazing and gives a much better picture of Kyle as a man.

http://variety.com/2015/film/opinion/a-veterans-view-of-american-sniper-guest-column-1201406349/
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

tred

im not sure at all about this but I thought I remember hearing that the lawsuit was still going after kyles death and that ventura changed it to go after his wife following his death. Any one know if that is true and what part it plays in the whole situation.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/20/american-sniper-chris-kyle-was-proved-a-liar-by-jesse-ventura-and-harpercollins-may-owe-the-former-governor-millions/

MikeJD

I think the other issue is that most Americans seem to attach much more significance to military service than, say, we Brits. Military-themed movies seem to attract a lot of argument on these forums, ... :)

"By the fullest accounting, which is different from usual budget figures, the United States will spend more than $1 trillion on national security this year. That includes about $580 billion for the Pentagon’s baseline budget plus “overseas contingency” funds, $20 billion in the Department of Energy budget for nuclear weapons, nearly $200 billion for military pensions and Department of Veterans Affairs costs, and other expenses. But it doesn’t count more than $80 billion a year of interest on the military-related share of the national debt. After adjustments for inflation, the United States will spend about 50 percent more on the military this year than its average through the Cold War and Vietnam War. It will spend about as much as the next 10 nations combined—three to five times as much as China, depending on how you count, and seven to nine times as much as Russia. The world as a whole spends about 2 percent of its total income on its militaries; the United States, about 4 percent."...
“My concern is this growing disconnect between the American people and our military,” retired Admiral Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under George W. Bush and Barack Obama (and whose mid-career academic stint was at Harvard Business School), told me recently. The military is “professional and capable,” he said, “but I would sacrifice some of that excellence and readiness to make sure that we stay close to the American people. Fewer and fewer people know anyone in the military. It’s become just too easy to go to war.”
http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/12/the-tragedy-of-the-american-military/383516/

Phil1111

***im not sure at all about this but I thought I remember hearing that the lawsuit was still going after kyles death and that ventura changed it to go after his wife following his death. Any one know if that is true and what part it plays in the whole situation.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/20/american-sniper-chris-kyle-was-proved-a-liar-by-jesse-ventura-and-harpercollins-may-owe-the-former-governor-millions/

hard to argue with that

tred

******im not sure at all about this but I thought I remember hearing that the lawsuit was still going after kyles death and that ventura changed it to go after his wife following his death. Any one know if that is true and what part it plays in the whole situation.

hard to argue with that

Well... not really. I do not know if the story is true or not but both sides have weighed in and this is the liberal side of the story. Yes, sadly politics play a role in how this story is reported.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

Well... not really. I do not know if the story is true or not but both sides have weighed in and this is the liberal side of the story.

What aspect of the National Post story is liberal, or on the flip side, what is the conservative angle? "Lying about significant events (especially by ex-military people) is ok to boost your image and book sales... because, freedom, terrorists!"

The National Post isn't exactly a leftie paper, and it did report the results of the lawsuit, how the second lawsuit against the publishers appears to be carefully done to capitalize on the first lawsuit, and so on. I'm not sure what slant there is in the article and how that corresponds to any basic political philosophy.

If they could have added more, it would be more to prove why they think Kyle's claims were false about killing the two robbers or Katrina/Superdome claims (the latter not being in his book).

I haven't read up a lot on this so while I'm skeptical of your statement, I honestly don't have enough information yet to be certain of a particular viewpoint.

(While I note the irony of a gun nut being killed by another gun nut at a shooting range no less, Kyle clearly was an accomplished soldier. I did enjoy his Sniper book and his book A History of the US in Ten Firearms, to go along books from other authors I've read on the M-16, Glock, and AK series.)

Rstanley0312

Well... not really. I do not know if the story is true or not but both sides have weighed in and this is the liberal side of the story. Yes, sadly politics play a role in how this story is reported.

In what way is that the liberal side? And how would politics play a role in reporting the facts? Would a conservative news source report that Ventura lost his lawsuit and Kyle's story was true?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Rstanley0312

*********im not sure at all about this but I thought I remember hearing that the lawsuit was still going after kyles death and that ventura changed it to go after his wife following his death. Any one know if that is true and what part it plays in the whole situation.

hard to argue with that

i very much support the military especially special operations and think ventura is a kook and i would love for the story to be true. i would imagine if it where true there would be plenty of eye witness accounts from other seals backing it up and that would have swayed the jury differently... that being said i am very uninformed and if presented with facts supporting kyles story i would much rather believe his side

SkyDekker

I watche dthe movie on Saturday night. I can't say I am in any way an expert on Kyle, but knew the "basic story" if you will.

The movie was good, but something about the movie rubbed me the wrong way. I have yet to be able to really figure out what that is, but it is there. I think I would have enjoyed this movie more if I didn't know it was based on a real person, as weird as that sounds.

It felt like there just was too much "look at me, I am awesome".

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/236568-conan-obrien-interview-shows-reason-many-loved-chris-kyle-american-sniper-fame-part/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Military

Here is a dated interview with Conan and CK. Strange I don't see any of your interpretation of 'i am awesome'

Perhaps you are confused.

regulator

***I watche dthe movie on Saturday night. I can't say I am in any way an expert on Kyle, but knew the "basic story" if you will.

The movie was good, but something about the movie rubbed me the wrong way. I have yet to be able to really figure out what that is, but it is there. I think I would have enjoyed this movie more if I didn't know it was based on a real person, as weird as that sounds.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/236568-conan-obrien-interview-shows-reason-many-loved-chris-kyle-american-sniper-fame-part/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Military

Here is a dated interview with Conan and CK. Strange I don't see any of your interpretation of 'i am awesome'

Keep in mind that its a Hollywood Movie. Chris Kyle was a real person. Nobody should think that the actors in The Big Bang Theory are real PhD's.

Chris Kyle awards:
Silver Star ribbon.svg Silver Star Medal (2)
BronzeStarV copy.jpg Bronze Star Medal (Valor; 5)
Navy and Marine Corps Commendation ribbon.svg Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (1)
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement ribbon.svg Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2)[3][4]

"Kyle paired with FITCO Cares Foundation, a nonprofit organization which created the Heroes Project to provide free in-home fitness equipment, individualized programs, personal training, and life-coaching to in-need veterans with disabilities, Gold Star families, or those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle

Some further reading:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30923038

Phil1111

******I watche dthe movie on Saturday night. I can't say I am in any way an expert on Kyle, but knew the "basic story" if you will.

Keep in mind that its a Hollywood Movie. Chris Kyle was a real person. Nobody should think that the actors in The Big Bang Theory are real PhD's.

Chris Kyle awards:
Silver Star ribbon.svg Silver Star Medal (2)
BronzeStarV copy.jpg Bronze Star Medal (Valor; 5)
Navy and Marine Corps Commendation ribbon.svg Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (1)
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement ribbon.svg Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2)[3][4]

"Kyle paired with FITCO Cares Foundation, a nonprofit organization which created the Heroes Project to provide free in-home fitness equipment, individualized programs, personal training, and life-coaching to in-need veterans with disabilities, Gold Star families, or those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle

Some further reading:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30923038

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayim_Bialik

Ms Bialik does indeed have a phd
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

BornToThrill

Let me ask you, what have YOU done for your country? Exactly...

Me? I've spent time and money trying to get us as a nation to stop telling other countries how to run their own shit, as well as bombing or invading when they don't do what they're told, which has the long-term potential to dramatically lower the amount of Americans who die because of "terrorist" acts done as retaliation for the above.

I've also spent time and money trying to get domestic laws reformed that could lead to fewer civilian deaths at the hands of police acting on bad information, as well as protecting us from invasions of our privacy.

But I guess that's not as cool as shooting brown folk in their own country.
cavete terrae.

regulator

***I watche dthe movie on Saturday night. I can't say I am in any way an expert on Kyle, but knew the "basic story" if you will.

I think you may be confused.

I was talking about the movie and the feeling it left with me. I have said nothing about the person.

Sorry if you cannot understand the concept that a Hollywood movie and real life are not the same thing. I can't help you understand that...I would suggest trying high school again.

Sorry if you cannot understand the concept that a Hollywood movie and real life are not the same thing. I can't help you understand that...I would suggest trying high school again.

For someone who has never read his book, you have no fucking clue how "Hollywood" or accurate that movie was.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

For someone who has never read his book, you have no fucking clue how "Hollywood" or accurate that movie was.

Mustafa.

Hard to believe people need an explanation that a Hollywood movie and real life are not the same thing.

Anvilbrother

Tell me without searching one part in this movie that did not happen in real life then if you an expert on "hollywood" and this movie.

You must have missed my mention of Mustafa in the post you are replying to.

It was even on a seperate line, all by itself.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Couldnt answer the previous question so you resorted to this.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,