normiss

Another cop goes free.

normiss

Cops can legally kill us?

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

Ferguson the grand jury got right IMO. This one seems wrong on many levels. Anyone have anything to add to this that would say otherwise? This guy surrendered. This is horrible!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

***Cops can legally kill us?

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

Ferguson the grand jury got right IMO. This one seems wrong on many levels. Anyone have anything to add to this that would say otherwise? This guy surrendered. This is horrible!

What video were you guys watching?

The head of the NY Office Chief Medical Examiner determined that the cause of death was not due to a chokehold. Are you contesting a medical expert?
What do protesters want? Dead cops! When do they want it? Every 2 weeks!

"The cause of Garner's death was "compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police," the medical examiner's office has said. The death was ruled a homicide."

Say what???

Rstanley0312

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

I agree in this instance being that choke holds are prohibited by the NYPD (article says so) and the cop did it anyway. The dude was huge but he wasn't exactly going down easy. Just watch the video. The cop should have been fired or at least given a permanent desk job.

That said, Darren Wilson had every right to do what he had to do with Michael Brown.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/03/eric-garner-grand-jury-declines-indict-nypd-chokehold-death

That video is frightening ...

Questions:

How are those cop idiots trained? Several of them standing around, touching/treating this dead man like a dead animal ...

Nobody is trying to reanimate, revive the man, they were just watching him, incapable to decide if he's dead or not - and still were afraid to take off the handcuffs.

Jesus Christ, what were they trained, those scared idiots !!

Even after minutes, they were unsure if he's dead or not ...

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

normiss

Threat eliminated, job complete.
Good work men!

You think so in this case? Honest question and seriously... I am normally on the cops side.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Rstanley0312

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

The Grand Jury did its job, saw the evidence and listened to testimony and came to a decision. I suppose we saw the video through different lenses.

Channman

******Cops can legally kill us?

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

The Grand Jury did its job, saw the evidence and listened to testimony and came to a decision. I suppose we saw the video through different lenses.

That is what the discussion is about. I agree the Grand Jury did their job. It is what it is... this one just seems off so I was willing to engage in discussion on it. That is all.

The choke hold lasted roughly 17 seconds. It does appear to be a very violent chock hold, one that could possibly crush the throat...so I would have to say after looking at the video several times now, there was a very real possibility the officer went way to far. Not sure why no one rendered add to the man or even attempted to check for vital sign and start resuscitation.

Why do these people believe that it is OK to resist police officers? Billy Vance stated it, "You can't fix stupid."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

CameraNewbie

The head of the NY Office Chief Medical Examiner determined that the cause of death was not due to a chokehold. Are you contesting a medical expert?

Where exactly did you get the 'not' from, bro?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Channman

Can anyone explain why it had to be intentional murder or nothing? Any ordinary person kills someone with a chokehold for no reason you're getting at least manslaughter. This guy was using excessive force by the NYPDs own standards yet because he didn't mean to kill he's in the clear?

What's that about?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

normiss

Cops can legally kill us?

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

This whole thing reminds me of when there was a hue and cry to stop high speed pursuits because innocents were being injured and killed. I think someone realized that perhaps it might just be best if you pull over and stop. Certainly the cops haven't stopped the pursuits.

People...if a cop stops you comply. Don't give him/her a reason to make you comply.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

wow.
Just wow.
Seriously?????

This whole thing reminds me of when there was a hue and cry to stop high speed pursuits because innocents were being injured and killed. I think someone realized that perhaps it might just be best if you pull over and stop. Certainly the cops haven't stopped the pursuits.

People...if a cop stops you comply. Don't give him/her a reason to make you comply murder you.

FIFY

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

This whole thing reminds me of when there was a hue and cry to stop high speed pursuits because innocents were being injured and killed.

I remember that, too.

I think someone realized that perhaps it might just be best if you pull over and stop.

"Someone"? If you mean the police, that's not a changed position (nor is it unreasonable). If you mean that suspects being pursued came to that realization, you're making it up. Reductions in third-party injuries and damages due to police pursuits have been the result of evolved police protocols, not because of civilian social engineering.

jakee

***The Grand Jury did its job, saw the evidence and listened to testimony and came to a decision. I suppose we saw the video through different lenses.

Can anyone explain why it had to be intentional murder or nothing? Any ordinary person kills someone with a chokehold for no reason you're getting at least manslaughter. This guy was using excessive force by the NYPDs own standards yet because he didn't mean to kill he's in the clear?

What's that about?

The GJ did consider manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide, each of which are felonies under New York law.

The GJ was comprised of 14 white and 9 non-white jurors. Unanimity was not required; a vote of 12 was required to indict. A break-down of this GJ's votes has not been reported.

The officer is still potentially subject to departmental disciplinary actions. He is also potentially subject to criminal charges of violating the decedent's civil rights under federal law. (This was a state-level grand jury applying New york law). He also remains subject to being sued civilly by the family.

Lets break it down.
1. Don't break the law
2. If you do break the law obey the officers commands
3. If you don't obey expect to be compelled to obey
4. If you get dead because of any of the above its your own damn fault.

Used to be part of the GP's of the street every smart and ALIVE criminal knew. Having an assaulting a police officer/resisting arrest on your jacket means your having a really bad day every time they run you. Something anyone with half a brain knew to avoid.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Having an assaulting a police officer/resisting arrest on your jacket means your having a really bad day every time they run you.

Don't be naive. I've been in criminal law and justice, at every level, on every side, for over 30 years. Assault on a PO is what the police MUST charge whenever the force they use on a suspect is enough to leave a mark. I can't tell you how many clients I've had tell me or my colleagues how they had the snot beat out of them by cops after they were already handcuffed. If even one-third of those stories were truthful (frankly, I believe about two-thirds were), that's still a massive amount.

Naïve? I was born and raised in Northtown home of the Yellow Jackets and Nasty Boys. A ride to sunrise and an ass kicking and a long walk home was considered a get out of jail free card and usually preferable to spending the night in the tank. Those that got their ass beat 99% of the time deserve it including me.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

1. Don't break the law
2. If you do break the law obey the officers commands
3. If you don't obey expect to be compelled to obey
4. If you get dead because of any of the above its your own damn fault.

A few more:
5. Don't go near a cop when he's having a bad day.
6. If he goes after you you might get the crap beat out of you - and then arrested.
7. If you resist he might kill you.
8. If you don't resist he might kill you.
9. If any of the above happens, it's still your own damn fault, according to the cop.