SkyDekker

First Ebola Diagnosis in US

Its not that it has gotten as bad as anything else we are all dying from, its the fact of how bad it could get if it were not stopped. Anyone would agree that cancer and heart disease is killing WAY more people, but you cant catch cancer, or heart disease by helping someone clean up their vomit...

cvfd1399

So you would have jumped the rig to your death.

Nope. He would have told someone else they were okay to jump it. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Good news:

Senegal declared ebola-free: http://gawker.com/world-health-organization-officially-declares-senegal-e-1647997706

Nigeria declared ebola-free: http://time.com/3522984/ebola-nigeria-who/

Spanish nurse has recovered: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29683616
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jcd11235

***Complete bullshit.....absolute bullshit! If you just got done treating a guy with Ebola who died, you stay your ass at home for 21 days. You monitor yourself daily for signs and symptoms. Rising temperature is the first sign they are checking for. You don't do all that then ask for permission to fly with the rising temperature in the back of your mind, you go to the hospital!

Wrong, Anvil. She had no reason to believe she had been exposed. By all accounts I've seen, she took the proper precautions when caring for her patient. She did not have a fever when she was cleared to fly; her temperature was in the normal range; she wasn't presenting symptoms.

she knew 99.5 was high - that's why she called the cdc to ask if she should/could fly. If her temp was normal normal, she wouldn't have asked permission...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

jcd11235

You keep ignoring the fact that she was not presenting symptoms and had no reason to believe she had been exposed.

You act as though she was on her deathbed when she boarded the plane.

she was presenting symptoms. she knew she didn't feel well. she felt hot. she took her temp and it was 99.5. she called the cdc and asked if she should fly home to dallas. they said yes. she flew. the next day she was wayyy worse.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

billvon

>So you would have jumped the rig to your death.

And you would have quit jumping permanently because . . . .you never know.

actually he stated quite clearly in his original statement that the rigs change in 2-21 days. therefore it is logical that after 21 days, or maybe a few extra he would indeed be quite willing to continue jumping the rig provided it hadn't changed color.

Your statement makes no sense and seems to be actually 'baiting' the poster, which is unseemly in a moderator's post, if not unacceptable.

ryoder

So two third-world countries have managed to control it without generating a panic among their citizens.

Yet self-serving US politicians and their ignorant followers seem determined to start a panic in the USA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Stumpy

Saw a comment just recently:
"More americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola"

The quote I heard was: "More Americans have married Larry King, than contracted Ebola".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Saw a comment just recently:
"More americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola"

The quote I heard was: "More Americans have married Larry King, than contracted Ebola".

wellllllll, the both have boobs and both wear makeup

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

cvfd1399
News flash: Liberia is not Nigeria. Liberia is also not Senegal.

Contrary to the ignorant opinion of some, Africa is a rather large continent, not a single country.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Contrary to the ignorant opinion of some, Africa is a rather large continent, not a single country.

Don

kallend

Yet self-serving US politicians and their ignorant followers seem determined to start a panic in the USA.

Emphasis mine.

GeorgiaDon

Don

Priceless.

I was replying to his sarcastic statement that only the U.S. is freaking out about ebola, and posted a video showing such.

So two third-world countries have managed to control it without generating a panic among their citizens.

cvfd1399

I was replying to his sarcastic statement that only the U.S. is freaking out about ebola, and posted a video showing such.

***So two third-world countries have managed to control it without generating a panic among their citizens.

In that case your reading comprehension is as deficient as your knowledge of geography. Kallend merely stated that some US politicians seem determined to whip up a panic they can exploit. He did not say the US is the only country responding irrationally to Ebola. His statement is true. He also said that two African countries responded appropriately and contained the disease, and posted links referring to Nigeria and Senegal. This statement was also true. You responded with an irrelevant and misleading link referring to a different country, Liberia.

If your intent was to fit the stereotype of the ugly American, ignorant of the world beyond US borders, congratulations! You win.

Don

cvfd1399

***So two third-world countries have managed to control it without generating a panic among their citizens.

Please provide a link to the post in which I wrote "ONLY".

It certainly is NOT in this thread.

cvfd1399

Emphasis mine

No the ***emphasis

is that you stated the U.S. is the only one freaking out .

No, I did not. You are doing a great job of self-identifying with my statement about ignorance.

cvfd1399

You just keep filling that empty hole inside yourself that requires you to be a keyboard commander and say things online that you would never have the balls to say to someone in person.

This applies to you also.

So being unable to admit that you were proven wrong, you just resort to name calling and personal attack.