BIGUN

You have to choose one

wmw999

...when I read it

That's where you went wrong :P. As soon as you see the combination of several paragraphs and math, you just dismiss it as liberal/reactionary tripe ;)

Wendy P.
Now we know why ISIS banned teaching math.

Don

YES!!!
YOU, Have WON, the INTERNETS!
It is clear: 11 out of 10 dentists are well aware of the self-defense applications of Concrete Rebound Hammer!
*sits down, munches popcorn and watches the sun for the splash when the ooze, wrapped in gun-foil, hits the surface*
Any minute, now.
*munch munch...*
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

wmw999

...when I read it

That's where you went wrong :P. As soon as you see the combination of several paragraphs and math, you just dismiss it as liberal/reactionary tripe ;)

Wendy P.

I did no such thing as dismiss it. That was a very unfair and judgmental statement.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

DanG

Dude, note the multiple smileys. She was joking.

I wonder . . . if Keith just just being as playful.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

wmw999

...when I read it

Wendy P.

Wendy,

I must have misinterpreted your meaning and was a bit taken aback. I should have known better on two accounts, 1) it being Wendy, and 2) knowing that I do listen to both sides. There were a couple of other threads where I had just been descended upon and there was probably some residual feelings after that and for that I apologize.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Oh I took Turtle's approach, and figured you were being equally tongue in cheek :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah, I think people have shown a distinct lack of imagination in this scenario when they're picturing the gun.

If you know there is a person who is going to be coming through a door, and you know this person is a bad guy, and you know when they are coming through (which is asking a lot) then just set an M134* on a swivel tripod aimed at the door as far back as you can with your family behind you.

Of course at that point, you could just "remove" the door ahead of time and leave.

* I would go with an M61 but technically that's a "cannon" and not a "gun" and I didn't know if that was allowed.

champu

Yeah, I think people have shown a distinct lack of imagination in this scenario when they're picturing the gun.

If you know there is a person who is going to be coming through a door, and you know this person is a bad guy, and you know when they are coming through (which is asking a lot) then just set an M134* on a swivel tripod aimed at the door as far back as you can with your family behind you.

Of course at that point, you could just "remove" the door ahead of time and leave.

* I would go with an M61 but technically that's a "cannon" and not a "gun" and I didn't know if that was allowed.

Claymore . . . 4.6 feet away from the door, wait for it to be fully open.

what MIGHT be left would probably still be aware that the bottom half left the building.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Kui

If you set up an M134 at the door, i can only imagine you are expecting robocops evil twin. :o

There are certainly one or two drawbacks I can think of to using a minigun for home defense, but I think they are mitigated pretty well in the hypothetical that was proposed.

Kui

that's aggressive. What if its a false alarm and your dog walks through.

wait...dogs cant open doors. scratch that.

If you set up an M134 at the door, i can only imagine you are expecting robocops evil twin. :o

Well, as Biden said, "You can use a shotgun" or something along those lines.

A claymore is just a single use shotgun.:D

Besides, if you look at the scenario . . . it works well.B|

All I need is a mirror and a table.
Look in the mirror, and see what I saw. Take the saw, saw the table in half. Two halves make a whole, so w just climb out the hole. :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

All I need is a mirror and a table.
Look in the mirror, and see what I saw. Take the saw, saw the table in half. Two halves make a whole, so w just climb out the hole. :)
Wendy P.

What ever happened to the bottle labeled "Drink Me"?

turtlespeed

***All I need is a mirror and a table.
Wendy P.

*hic*
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

******All I need is a mirror and a table.
Wendy P.

*hic*

Hmmm - Food for thought.

[ur https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newgrounds.com%2Fportal%2Fview%2F524348&ei=AlcxVNqyCYP5yASus4DQBQ&usg=AFQjCNFoabVd0qeiFlg1WfY3DsOb_dHpQw&sig2=EXGIXStGfLIx4uL1Aephvg&bvm=bv.76802529,d.aWw]Episode 2[/url]

Episode 3