Anvilbrother

Riots over a shoting turn into free jordans and 40's

SkyDekker

******Sorry, your face is too ugly to have a valid opinion.

Irrelevant. His sunglasses are way better.

True, in a walmart sort of way.

I would much rather see this kind of back and forth than the kind you and Rush keep getting into.
I realize it is speaker's corner (and I have a choice to read the posts or not) but damn you can go around and around and still end up at the same place you started

ETA: the walmart comment was funny :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

JohnnyMarko

***I for one thank you Johnny that "boy friend took my man-card" line is freaking priceless :D:D:D

Thanks...I am rather immature, but 36 pages in and this thread is now useless.

you a very patient person for someone that declares themselves immature - they lost me after 36 posts

but killing time is a good way to exercise my Dexter complex

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

but damn you can go around and around and still end up at the same place you started

Agreed...it is part of the charm.

There is no charm when all you do is reply to Marc's posts with a question. Then he answers and you pose another question. Then he replies and you ask another question. Then he replies and you reply....with a question.

My initial post about your glasses was a lame (I have to find another word) attempt to stop the bickering...

Now back to the topic at hand...which...was...um...oh yea, all conservatives are racist, liberals love to race bait, Rush is wrong about something, Canada rocks, I like men and their sunglasses drive my lust for certain ones.

JohnnyMarko

but damn you can go around and around and still end up at the same place you started

Agreed...it is part of the charm.

There is no charm when all you do is reply to Marc's posts with a question. Then he answers and you pose another question. Then he replies and you ask another question. Then he replies and you reply....with a question.

My initial post about your glasses was a lame (I have to find another word) attempt to stop the bickering...

Now back to the topic at hand...which...was...um...oh yea, all conservatives are racist, liberals love to race bait, Rush is wrong about something, Canada rocks, I like men and their sunglasses drive my lust for certain ones.

to be fair some of those replies are not easy to decipher

or maybe I just ain't smart enough to figure them out
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Wait SkyDekker is talking a PA's?, that's a good one.

I get that he feel's America is just brimming with people that hate all blacks.... (rednecks, I believe)

But .....really Canadians treat their minorities pretty poorly....and the one's I've meet (disclaimer I have never meet SkyDekker) are some of the most hateful, prejudice people in the world when it comes to the Indian population.

"Driving while Indian"

....and that's coming from a guy raised in the South......

...oh year...just for the record... how the hell does he POST so much?????:P

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

But .....really Canadians treat their minorities pretty poorly....and the one's I've meet (disclaimer I have never meet SkyDekker) are some of the most hateful, prejudice people in the world when it comes to the Indian population.

We certainly don't have a good record with regards to the native population. I even admitte3d that earlier in this thread.

Toronto is a pretty decent melting pot of many different cultures. I doubt there are many cities around the world that are quite as diverse as Toronto is. Don't think that could happen if we are all hateful and prejudiced.

Canadians tend to be known as being extremely polite.

Sorry man.... I'm going on your on-line comments... I realize but "extremely polite" LOL nope to even close. (Then again maybe you just moved there and aren't really Canadian)

New York btw is a melting pot of many different cultures but I'm sure from all your post you'd be sure to believe that all the cops are just waiting for a chance to kill an unarmed black person.

My point isn't so much to pick at you, it's just to point out that the problems that you point out so strongly in America exist in your country...... I'm sure you know that, just be interesting to hear what you think YA'LL should do to correct these problems.

Hi Dekker,

I doubt there are many cities around the world that are quite as diverse as Toronto is.

Well, according to a question the other night on Jeopardy ( and we know how accurate they are ), Vancouver has a population in which less than 50% of them speak English as their first language.

The world is changing; some folks ( not you ) should try to keep up.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

mirage62

Sorry man.... I'm going on your on-line comments... I realize but "extremely polite" LOL nope to even close. (Then again maybe you just moved there and aren't really Canadian)

New York btw is a melting pot of many different cultures but I'm sure from all your post you'd be sure to believe that all the cops are just waiting for a chance to kill an unarmed black person.

My point isn't so much to pick at you, it's just to point out that the problems that you point out so strongly in America exist in your country...... I'm sure you know that, just be interesting to hear what you think YA'LL should do to correct these problems.

Oh, you extrapolated my gehaviour to stand for all Canadians. That's not a good idea. I told my wife on our first date that I was an asshole. She frequently reminds me that she should have believed me.

I know. New York is a great city. Have visited frequently. And I don't think all cops are waiting to kill an unarmed black person at all. I do think there is more racial tension in the US than there is in Canada.

Admitting there is a problem is probably a good step. Rush couldn't even bring himself to do that.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Dekker,

I doubt there are many cities around the world that are quite as diverse as Toronto is.

Well, according to a question the other night on Jeopardy ( and we know how accurate they are ), Vancouver has a population in which less than 50% of them speak English as their first language.

The world is changing; some folks ( not you ) should try to keep up.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

True, though the far majority of those are Chinese. I was refering more to number of cultures represented in significant amounts.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Dekker,

Jerry Baumchen

England is getting like that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/report-ferguson-officer-feared-life-26289367

The police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 18-year-old in a St. Louis suburb last summer has told investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as they struggled over his gun, The New York Times reported.

Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson has told authorities that Michael Brown reached for the gun during a scuffle, the Times reported in a story posted on its website Friday night. The officer's account to authorities did not explain why he fired at Brown multiple times after emerging from his vehicle, according to the newspaper.

The Times reported that the account of Wilson's version of events came from government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the Aug. 9 shooting that sparked racial unrest and weeks of protests, some of which turned violent. Wilson is white and Brown black.

Wilson confronted Brown and a friend while they were walking back to Brown's home from a convenience store. After the shooting, Brown died at the scene. Some witnesses have told authorities and news media that Brown had his hands raised when Wilson approached with his weapon and fired repeatedly. An independent autopsy commissioned by the family says that Brown was shot at least six times, including twice in the head.

The Times reported that Wilson has told investigators that he was trying to leave his SUV when Brown pushed him back in and that once inside the vehicle the two began to fight. Wilson told authorities that Brown punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck, the Times reported.

When is this grand jury supposed to be done, im ready to hear what they have to say.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/authorities-say-michael-browns-blood-found-on-gun-inside-police-car/2014/10/18/577e1a9a-56f2-11e4-ba4b-f6333e2c0453_story.html

Forensic evidence shows Michael Brown’s blood on the gun, on the uniform and inside the car of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, law enforcement officials said, information they believe potentially corroborates the officer’s story that the unarmed 18-year-old tried to take his gun.

The evidence will make it harder for the Justice Department to prosecute Wilson on federal charges that he violated Brown’s civil rights, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

Such evidence would also make it difficult for a county grand jury to indict Wilson on state charges, such as murder or manslaughter, said county sources who also are prohibited from talking on the record about the pending case.

Well now isn't that nice to get some updates. Looks like its leaning towards a justifiable shooting.

Couple of questions...how do you reach the neck of a person over 6 feet tall from a seated position inside your vehicle?
So a struggle in a car, the person adds distance, why was he then executed? Clearly the officer was not in danger if the kid walked away.
I know it's entirely possible the kid started the struggle, but was the risk there to shoot and kill him?

how do you reach the neck of a person over 6 feet tall from a seated position inside your vehicle?

Pretty easily when the person is head first in your car beating you, trying to get your gun from you.

So a struggle in a car, the person adds distance, why was he then executed? Clearly the officer was not in danger if the kid walked away.
I know it's entirely possible the kid started the struggle, but was the risk there to shoot and kill him?

Eye witness reports said he indeed walked away, then turned back around and charged at the officer after having initially beat him inside the car and tried to take his gun. I imagine in the cops dazed mind this guy who had tried to take his gun, and in the process allegedly fired a round in the car was coming back to finish the job.

Eye witness reports stated the kid had his hands up, so who knows.

Hopefully we will find out as soon as this grand jury gets done some better info.

Noticing that the leaks keep coming....it seems that the idea is to slowly leak all the bad stuff out to prepare the public for a no charge.

Here's a prediction. In a few days pictures of the officers injuries will show up...leaked.

I'm trying to follow this objectively, so far it would SEEM:
1. There was a robbery.
2. There was a confrontation within the police vehicle.
3. Shots were fired in the vehicle.
4. Shots were fire out of the vehicle.
5. None of the witness (other than the police officer) are supporting the claim that the officer was being charged.
6. Varying accounts of where the victims arms were at the time of the fatal shot(s)
7. The victim had been recently smoking pot.
8. The history that we have been given does not seem to indicate that the police office had a history of problems or violence with dealing with the public.

That's my summary as to where it is right now....... ?

Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown reportedly reveal marijuana, cast doubt on witness claims he was running away

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/22/official-michael-brown-autopsy-reportedly-reveals-teen-was-shot-at-close-range/

The New York Times, citing government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the matter that, while the federal investigation was continuing, the evidence so far did not support civil rights charges against Wilson. The officials told the Times the forensic evidence supported Wilson’s version of events, which was that he was trying to leave his vehicle when Brown pushed him back in and sparked the struggle for the gun.

Surveillance video from a nearby store allegedly showed the 6-foot, 4-inch Brown committing a strong-arm robbery minutes before the confrontation, stealing a box of cigars from a shopkeeper who he pushed out of his way. The Post-Dispatch, citing sources close to the investigation, reported that Wilson claims he saw Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, walking down the middle of the street and told them to move to the sidewalk. When he noticed Brown holding cigars in his hand, Wilson said he realized the pair matched a radio alert about a the robbery moments earlier.

Wilson claims he put his vehicle in park, and tried to get out, but Brown slammed the door shut and punched Wilson in the through the open window, sparking the struggle for the gun, the source told the paper.

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

To be fair....this doesn't prove if the shooting was justified or not. If they prove that he was moving toward the officer, than perhaps....There is no doubt that there was a physical attack on the officer. I don't buy for a minute that the officer tried to pull him in the car...

What I don't understand is that if he was shot that many times wouldn't it be fairly simple to determine which direction the bullets hit the man? If he was running away?

Robbing a store, physically attacking on officer and being high don't justify shooting someone running away. Doing the same and moving toward the officer - in America is certainly legal to shoot them, perhaps but law though