Amazon

POW collaborates with the Enemy

airdvr

If you don't know the difference between Hanoi Jane and John McCain I weep for your heart.

And if you do not know the difference between collaboration and serving with honor and returning with honor intact...

OH clearly you do not.

I guess you just like your favorite GOP collaborator... Hanoi John..

Amazon

Remember this guy??? How many of you voted for him.

http://salem-news.com/articles/october022009/hanoi_john_10-2-09.php

Wow, I love articles that just throw shit at a wall to see what sticks...

With your background I have a hard time believing that you buy into this also. McCain didn't have the benefit of the training that today's soldiers and sailors have. As a matter of fact, it's because of people like him that had a stay in the "Hanoi Hilton" that we the training we get today.

You do realize that he can no longer raise his hands above his head properly because of the things that were broken and never healed correctly, right?

It's been said that everyone in there spilled something at one point and time. It wasn't a controlled training environment with learning points to be had for only a couple of days like you may have been used to.

Edited to add: Just saw the argument you were having in the American POW freed thread. Now I have the context to this post. Never mind... :)
Please don't waterboard me again.....:o
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

Remember this guy??? How many of you voted for him.

http://salem-news.com/articles/october022009/hanoi_john_10-2-09.php

Wow, I love articles that just throw shit at a wall to see what sticks...

With your background I have a hard time believing that you buy into this also. McCain didn't have the benefit of the training that today's soldiers and sailors have. As a matter of fact, it's because of people like him that had a stay in the "Hanoi Hilton" that we the training we get today.

You do realize that he can no longer raise his hands above his head properly because of the things that were broken and never healed correctly, right?

It's been said that everyone in there spilled something at one point and time. It wasn't a controlled training environment with learning points to be had for only a couple of days like you may have been used to.

Edited to add: Just saw the argument you were having in the American POW freed thread. Now I have the context to this post. Never mind... :)
Please don't waterboard me again.....:o

I had the honor of discussing at length and learning from several former guests of the NV.. and yes we learned a lot that led to the updated "suggestions" of how to deal with being held in those circumstances instead of the old way of doing things that caused more than a few of our guys to not return from their captivity.[:/]

Amazon

***If you don't know the difference between Hanoi Jane and John McCain I weep for your heart.

And if you do not know the difference between collaboration and serving with honor and returning with honor intact...

OH clearly you do not.

I challenge anyone here to endure the kids of torture POWs endured and not talk. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel here Jean.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

******If you don't know the difference between Hanoi Jane and John McCain I weep for your heart.

OH clearly you do not.

I challenge anyone here to endure the kids of torture POWs endured and not talk. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel here Jean.

Hey Airdvr

Amazon does understand this. If you missed it in American POW freed thread, someone was saying that because there was a picture of Bergdahl smiling with a taliban dude, he was a traitor.

This thread is her way of trying to point out that this is not always the case. When you are a POW, your life is not your own and you will be used as a propaganda tool, it doesn't matter if you like it or agree to it.

Of course, she is doing it with her usual, always loving and friendly (and never partisan) on-line demeanor....:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

*********If you don't know the difference between Hanoi Jane and John McCain I weep for your heart.

OH clearly you do not.

Hey Airdvr

Amazon does understand this. If you missed it in American POW freed thread, someone was saying that because there was a picture of Bergdahl smiling with a taliban dude, he was a traitor.

This thread is her way of trying to point out that this is not always the case. When you are a POW, your life is not your own and you will be used as a propaganda tool, it doesn't matter if you like it or agree to it.

Of course, she is doing it with her usual, always loving and friendly (and never partisan) on-line demeanor....:ph34r:

No one especially me was saying that. I challenge you to show me where I did. Reading, how does it work again.
Propblast

***airdiver
challenge anyone here to accept the kinds of torture.....

GD64
No thanks.
To be clear, as a combat vet, we all have a worst case scenario (that we hope never to implement/or attempt to implement). McCain in his own words admits he broke. TOTALY understandable. However, I have also heard ("firsthand" accounts) of some McCain's actions and changed my view of the man. There was also a book written by another POW that experienced horrendous torture called "Unspeakable Crimes" or something close to that, in which he documents McCain's actions.

I think when I started looking at the Forrestal incident (two-camps there), destruction of numerous aircraft while training, etc., etc., it influence's my believing of the above author.

Shifting to modern day, the man's politico decisions have been mostly pathetic. "selfies" with ISIS, wanting to further war's through out the planet (...."USA military in the middle-east for 200 years"....), his current views on immigration, and more flip-flops than I have sandals (and I l lived the Jimmy Buffet lifestyle for awhile), makes me wish for his retirement.

Amazon

****** Hanoi John..

What does Senator Kerry have to do with this?

Absolutely nothing... he was just into killing them... not collaborating with them like Hanoi John did.
You should read up on what he did while in captivity.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2008/210408McCain.htm

But I doubt it

No no no... you can't have two people with the name Hanoi John.

And Kerry already owns it. But Hey, thanks for playing.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

propblast

************If you don't know the difference between Hanoi Jane and John McCain I weep for your heart.

OH clearly you do not.

Hey Airdvr

No one especially me was saying that. I challenge you to show me where I did. Reading, how does it work again.

But that is EXACTLY what the morons who put it out there in the Regurgesphere with their particular slant on the news ARE saying. You have to ask yourself WHY... since so many of their little sheep are reposting it without thinking about the REST OF THE STORY as the man used to say.

GD64

***airdiver
challenge anyone here to accept the kinds of torture.....

GD64
No thanks.
To be clear, as a combat vet, we all have a worst case scenario (that we hope never to implement/or attempt to implement). McCain in his own words admits he broke. TOTALY understandable. However, I have also heard ("firsthand" accounts) of some McCain's actions and changed my view of the man. There was also a book written by another POW that experienced horrendous torture called "Unspeakable Crimes" or something close to that, in which he documents McCain's actions.

I think when I started looking at the Forrestal incident (two-camps there), destruction of numerous aircraft while training, etc., etc., it influence's my believing of the above author.

Shifting to modern day, the man's politico decisions have been mostly pathetic. "selfies" with ISIS, wanting to further war's through out the planet (...."USA military in the middle-east for 200 years"....), his current views on immigration, and more flip-flops than I have sandals (and I l lived the Jimmy Buffet lifestyle for awhile), makes me wish for his retirement.

Face it McCain was an almost an ACE.... by his own hand... he was that close.... four confirmed aircraft down....the fifth one just had pretty bad damage from hitting a power line while screwing around...

Amazon

***What an ASS, you need to channel your hatred into something else.

Awww I love it when y'all get all BUTT hurt like that.:)
I guess we know where YOU channel yours now don't we...:ph34r:

What is this - the third grade?

What next? "I know you are but what am I?"

seems like you are MUCH more alike than you want to believe.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

******What an ASS, you need to channel your hatred into something else.

And why was that response to me Clint... :S:S

Think about that for a few minutes and come up with something relevant.

Amazon

*********What an ASS, you need to channel your hatred into something else.

I need about 1.5 seconds . . . It is because of your overwhelming hatred.

turtlespeed

************What an ASS, you need to channel your hatred into something else.

I need about 1.5 seconds . . . It is because of your overwhelming hatred.

Only in the mind of confirmed cases of Tea Baggery my dear.