Amazon

No Target Shooting

http://news.msn.com/us/target-asks-customers-to-leave-firearms-at-home?ocid=fbmsn

Target is asking its customers to not bring firearms into its stores, even where it is allowed by law.

In a statement on the retailer's corporate blog, interim CEO John Mulligan said that Target wants a "safe and inviting" atmosphere for its shoppers and employees.

"Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create," he said.

Well that was a different tack.

My question is are they asking or telling. Guess we gotta wait and see if they put the firearm free stickers on the door. Also is this for open carry(stupid carry IMO) or concealed also.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

No the signs are what turn a legal concealed carry holder from a law abiding person into a criminal....:S in my state as I am sure are all if you have a ccw and you carry into businesses that are signed you are in violation of the law

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I suppose it's time to boost the stock price after their disastrous security failure caused a downward trend in value. The exposure of millions of customers private info and along with the pending class action lawsuits calls for a convenient distraction.
Time to take a shot at 2nd amendment.

airdvr

Those signs make me laugh.

Mass Murderer "I think i'll go shoot up this Target. Wait! There's a sign that says I can't."

Now they can shop and kill defenseless people in one place.

One way to lessen school shootings, give them other unarmed victim environments. :S
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

GD64

Time to take a shot at 2nd amendment.

Errrr no. Please explain how this is a shot at the 2nd. This isn't a shot at the 2nd in the same way that someone getting fired for calling their boss an asshole isn't a shot at the 1st.

I don't have to let you into my house if I don't want to if you are carrying.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Anvilbrother

My question is are they asking or telling. Guess we gotta wait and see if they put the firearm free stickers on the door. Also is this for open carry(stupid carry IMO) or concealed also.

I am not really an open carry advocate.. why go out of your way to antagonize the idiots and scare the poor fuckers who are already afraid of their own shadows..[:/]

Stumpy, I should have left that last line off. Businesses can decide their own rules.

I personally know some of the head management (business dealings), and know their view on the 2nd Amendment. Like I said, I should NOT have brought that view to this forum.

My personal view on carry, is very much the same as Amazon's, however, I can't express myself as eloquently as she did on the subject.

Having lived in AZ for years, is was always fun to watch the expressions on the faces of my winter guests when they saw open carry for the first time in their lives, especially if they were visiting from the NE.

Amazon

***My question is are they asking or telling. Guess we gotta wait and see if they put the firearm free stickers on the door. Also is this for open carry(stupid carry IMO) or concealed also.

I am not really an open carry advocate.. why go out of your way to antagonize the idiots and scare the poor fuckers who are already afraid of their own shadows..[:/]

I believe this has come about because of some a-holes who insist on showing up, often in groups, with their AK's. The same people who burned their lifetime NRA membership cards when NRA suggested they should perhaps cool it just a bit. I don't think Target will make a fuss about concealed carry, they just don't want the a-holes strutting around to make their point. Besides, it IS their store and they can do as they like. Anyone who doesn't like it can go to Walmart.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Bolas

***Those signs make me laugh.

Mass Murderer "I think i'll go shoot up this Target. Wait! There's a sign that says I can't."

Now they can shop and kill defenseless people in one place.

One way to lessen school shootings, give them other unarmed victim environments. :S

There are already businesses and restaurants that have banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers. You are in effect, putting yourself at that risk by doing what they and Target is doing. Wanna be a sitting duck? Go right ahead and let me know how it went. Police aint gonna help in the split seconds that are needed to respond to armed robbers. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are already businesses and restaurants that have banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers.

To be fair, there are also businesses and restaurants that haven't banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers.

- Dan G

DanG

There are already businesses and restaurants that have banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers.

To be fair, there are also businesses and restaurants that haven't banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers.

To be further fair, these businesses haven't banned themselves from having guns on the premises, just the total strangers who walk into their stores.

GD64

Stumpy, I should have left that last line off. Businesses can decide their own rules.

I personally know some of the head management (business dealings), and know their view on the 2nd Amendment. Like I said, I should NOT have brought that view to this forum.

My personal view on carry, is very much the same as Amazon's, however, I can't express myself as eloquently as she did on the subject.

Having lived in AZ for years, is was always fun to watch the expressions on the faces of my winter guests when they saw open carry for the first time in their lives, especially if they were visiting from the NE.

Fair enough.
I personally blame Open Carry Texas and the like for this sort of move by Target (and Chipotle, etc). Just because you CAN do something doesn't necessarily make it a good idea.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

From http://online.wsj.com/articles/target-asks-customers-to-keep-guns-out-of-stores-1404311690

The retailer was pushed into the national debate after Texas gun-rights groups posted photographs of their members carrying rifles through the aisles of stores near Dallas.

In response to that, a second group, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a gun-control organization funded by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, launched a campaign to pressure the retailer to forbid the open carry of guns. The group's founder, Shannon Watts, led an online and social-media campaign to boycott Target.

Amid the controversy, the National Rifle Association briefly scolded the Texas gun-rights groups for carrying rifles in the stores, calling the practice "not neighborly." The NRA later recanted and apologized.

I think Target did the only thing possible. I think that group in Texas needs some PR help.

Most of these rules come about because somebody or some group goes a little too far.

jgoose71

Meanwhile, this place seems to be doing just fine. Think they have been robbed?:ph34r:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/waitresses-pack-heat-at-colorado-burger-joint/

The question really is do they have the mindset..... to actually use those weapons.
A lot of "trained" CCW and LEO find themselves with out the mindset and when the adrenaline starts messing with them and that tiny little Animal brain takes over.... they freeze.
Standing at the range in a static position killing paper is one of the worst ways to train.. it builds muscle memory in all the wrong ways.

Amazon

***Meanwhile, this place seems to be doing just fine. Think they have been robbed?:ph34r:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/waitresses-pack-heat-at-colorado-burger-joint/

The question really is do they have the mindset..... to actually use those weapons.
A lot of "trained" CCW and LEO find themselves with out the mindset and when the adrenaline starts messing with them and that tiny little Animal brain takes over.... they freeze.
Standing at the range in a static position killing paper is one of the worst ways to train.. it builds muscle memory in all the wrong ways.

So what should they do? Go the Tackleberry way? :ph34r:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-aFqq8aAWA skip to the 1:15 mark.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Amazon

***Meanwhile, this place seems to be doing just fine. Think they have been robbed?:ph34r:

While you are correct that no one knows how they will react on a two-way shooting range until they find them selves on one, That is not the real question.

Anyone who has taken a self defence class or spent over a minute in the military will tell you that portraying yourself as a hard target it the key to deterring an attack.

Not quite sure a sign that says "gun free zone" will do that. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a sign that says "all of our staff is armed and trained" no matter what the level of training is, or if they are even armes for that matter, might make a criminal think twice.

Bad guys love soft targets....
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

There are already businesses and restaurants that have banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers. You are in effect, putting yourself at that risk by doing what they and Target is doing. Wanna be a sitting duck? Go right ahead and let me know how it went. Police aint gonna help in the split seconds that are needed to respond to armed robbers.

What about just giving the robber the few thousand $. Do you really think it's worth killing anybody over that amount of money?
Would you kill a teenager to protect a corporations money?
Now I know you think you are protecting the people he is threatening, but I would argue that shooting is always more dangerous for everybody around, than not.

ibx

There are already businesses and restaurants that have banned guns from their premises that have been robbed by armed robbers. You are in effect, putting yourself at that risk by doing what they and Target is doing. Wanna be a sitting duck? Go right ahead and let me know how it went. Police aint gonna help in the split seconds that are needed to respond to armed robbers.

What about just giving the robber the few thousand $. Do you really think it's worth killing anybody over that amount of money?
Now I know you think you are protecting the people he is threatening, but I would argue that shooting is always more dangerous for everybody around, than not.

And the ones that just want to injure, maim, and kill and don't care about money?

As stated above, most of the benefit of an unrestricted gun policy is not defense, but deterrence.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

ibx

A Corporations money? No.

But if it came down to a punk teenager pulling off an armed robbery or my 5 year old son, the choice is easy.

These businesses do attract families, and you are counting on the kindness and compassion of a gang banger. What's to say he isn't supposed to be killing someone for some kind of initiation?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Amazon

Standing at the range in a static position killing paper is one of the worst ways to train..

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable with this:

Self Defense Courses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPWPOZ5rTMI&feature=kp
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

But if it came down to a punk teenager pulling off an armed robbery or my 5 year old son, the choice is easy.

How is that even comparable? If somebody threatens your son with a gun I think you may have a point. If you are in store thats being held up I would think the best for your son would be to not get involved.