billvon

Obama raises money off Benghazi

DanG

Why should I, as a voting American, care what you all think?

Ask rushmc, he brought it up.

I know what rushmc thinks. I directed my question to the foreigner.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Well, if you look at the threads from 2003 prior to the invasion, several of us (myself included) warned that the so-called "evidence" looked and smelled like BS. People like you ignored the warnings because you wanted it to be true.

Link to Feb 2003: www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=386328;

I didn't start posting regularly in SC until my retirement in 2009.

So what?

With the benefit of hindsight you now know that you were misled by the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Powell lies. You swallowed the lies hook, line and sinker because you WANTED them to be true. Over 4,000 Americans died on account of the Bush lies, yet we hear not a peep from you in outrage about that.

Seems very hypocritical to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You should care what the foreigner thinks because US respect and prestige is an important part of US global influence.

rushmc thinks it is important. Maybe you disagree and all you care about is domestic politics. If so, I find it strange that you are obsessed with what happened in Libya.

- Dan G

DanG

You should care what the foreigner thinks because US respect and prestige is an important part of US global influence.

rushmc thinks it is important. Maybe you disagree and all you care about is domestic politics. If so, I find it strange that you are obsessed with what happened in Libya.

This.
GWB's "leadership" gave the US a serious image problem, and caused a lot of people from a lot of countries to die based on either an outright lie, or sheer incompetence. I'm not sure which option is worse. Obama - while far from great, has been infinitely better than the alternatives.

As for whether you care what I think, thats entirely up to you. You are more than welcome to sit in your "enclave" hiding from the rest of the world that doesn't agree with you if you like, however the fact that you post so regularly is somewhat indicative that you actually DO care.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

kallend

Well, if you look at the threads from 2003 prior to the invasion, several of us (myself included) warned that the so-called "evidence" looked and smelled like BS. People like you ignored the warnings because you wanted it to be true.

Link to Feb 2003: www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=386328;

I didn't start posting regularly in SC until my retirement in 2009.

So what?

With the benefit of hindsight you now know that you were misled by the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Powell lies. You swallowed the lies hook, line and sinker because you WANTED them to be true. Over 4,000 Americans died on account of the Bush lies, yet we hear not a peep from you in outrage about that.

Seems very hypocritical to me.

Of course you would think like that. We do not agree.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Stumpy

This.
GWB's "leadership" gave the US a serious image problem, and caused a lot of people from a lot of countries to die based on either an outright lie, or sheer incompetence. I'm not sure which option is worse. Obama - while far from great, has been infinitely better than the alternatives.

As for whether you care what I think, thats entirely up to you. You are more than welcome to sit in your "enclave" hiding from the rest of the world that doesn't agree with you if you like, however the fact that you post so regularly is somewhat indicative that you actually DO care.

Thank you for your personal response.

kallend

***The Republicans used the two wars to raise a lot of money - is that any different?

I see that Rep. J. Chaffetz, R-Utah, admits that the House GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security in 2012.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Cutting some funding to save the tax payers money and letting 4 Americans die with help minutes away are 2 completely different things. The help was withheld and the Americans were left to die. A couple more security persons would not have stopped the attack, but a well armed, well trained military unit could have.

marks2065

******The Republicans used the two wars to raise a lot of money - is that any different?

I see that Rep. J. Chaffetz, R-Utah, admits that the House GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security in 2012.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Cutting some funding to save the tax payers money and letting 4 Americans die with help minutes away are 2 completely different things. The help was withheld and the Americans were left to die. A couple more security persons would not have stopped the attack, but a well armed, well trained military unit could have.

So how many minutes away is the right wing obfuscation machine “claiming” that large military force was again???

Facts matter my dear out in the real world... real facts not "truthiness" facts.

regulator

I am satisfied with the fact that following 9/11 we went into the Mideast and kicked ass.

Unbelievable.

It is useless to argue about the invasion of Iraq. SH needed to be removed and we did it.

The point now is to investigate the BHO administration and their political motivation for the Benghazi murders. I especially would like to see HC fully discredited in the process.

Meh, four people died...who gives a shit...rather put effort into a couple hundred kidnapped girls, or a myriad of other atrocities.

You want nothing but using a couple of dead Americans for political brownie points. You don't give a shit about them, you just care if it can be used against a politician you don't like.

Their families care. Way to annoit yourself as captain douchebag. If you were killed representing your country do you think your family wouldnt give a shit?

They wouldn't be the first service members to die, with family members who will never know what really happened.

Tillman's family only found out because he was an NFL player before.

This isn't about providing closure to family members, it is about political ammunition.

Funny how pointing that out is a douchebag move, but actually doing it makes you a patriot.

>So you get to decide who's life is important and who's is not.

No, only republicans get to do that.

Four dead in Benghazi after a terrorist attack - a national tragedy, a disgrace
4000 US troops dead after a failed war - nothing to worry about, heck, heroic even

RonD1120

Why should I, as a voting American, care what you all think? I am going to vote for candidates that I believe have leadership qualities. GWB had it and BHO does not.

You don't have to care if you don't want to, but Rush made the assertion that the world views Obama more negatively than Bush, so we're discussing it. You can choose to ignore it, but your opinion on leadership doesn't really matter since you're American, and we're discussing the opinions of non Americans.

billvon

>So you get to decide who's life is important and who's is not.

No, only republicans get to do that.

Four dead in Benghazi after a terrorist attack - a national tragedy, a disgrace
4000 US troops dead after a failed war - nothing to worry about, heck, heroic even

So only Republicans voted for that war

New one on me

Oh

and dont give me the Bush lied line of shit

Cause he has a long list of Democrat buddies who lied then too
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

We're not talking about who voted for the war, just pointing out that the outrage over Benghazi doesn't seem to jive with the lack of outrage over the Iraq war.

Unless you're admitting that the Benghazi outrage is merely partisan...

- Dan G

DanG

We're not talking about who voted for the war, just pointing out that the outrage over Benghazi doesn't seem to jive with the lack of outrage over the Iraq war.

I think this political cartoon hits the nail on the head.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

I think this political cartoon hits the nail on the head.

Of course you do
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

This.

Thank you for your personal response.

You're welcome. For what it's worth, I do have an active interest in the US and specifically GA as I employ a number of people in Atlanta. Apologies for my delay - am in the London office this week and the jet lag is making my brain into mush!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

kelpdiver

Why should I, as a voting American, care what you all think? I am going to vote for candidates that I believe have leadership qualities. GWB had it and BHO does not.

You don't have to care if you don't want to, but Rush made the assertion that the world views Obama more negatively than Bush, so we're discussing it. You can choose to ignore it, but your opinion on leadership doesn't really matter since you're American, and we're discussing the opinions of non Americans.

Fair enough