ryoder

NJ dashcam video results in dropped charges, cops indicted

PiLFy

I hope that young man scores million$ in his lawsuit. It's the only language dirty police forces seem to understand.

They don't care about the money, it's not theirs. The taxpayers foot the bill.

In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, in addition to any payout from the department/city/state/whatever.
cavete terrae.

"They don't care about the money, it's not theirs. The taxpayers foot the bill."

The Thugs w/badges? Agreed, they don't care about the money. They care what's gonna happen to them now, though. I meant the powers that be in local government, & the police brass. They'll now have an incentive to do what their professionalism & core values should've forced them to do, long ago. Politicians don't care about our rights. They only care when something like this has the potential to affect them personally. Now, it does.

grue

In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, ...

I've long said that any cop/prosecutor who knowingly tries to frame a innocent person for a crime, should at minimum, get the sentence he tried to impose on the innocent.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, ...

I've long said that any cop/prosecutor who knowingly tries to frame a innocent person for a crime, should at minimum, get the sentence he tried to impose on the innocent.

Those are, of course, the terms of Mosaic law on the subject.

winsor

******In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, ...

Are there enough prison cells for that many???

All of the other cops that KNOW how bad these scum are, and let them get away with it for so long should be fired too.. No way these scum are going about their 'business' in secret.

Zero Tolerance

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

winsor

******In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, ...

Isn't it more of Hammurabi's Code;than Mosaic Law?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

*********In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, ...

My reference was to the ninth of the 'Top Ten Commandments.'

As elaborated in the Talmud, bringing false witness makes one subject to the penalty for the offense that was falsely charged.

It is occasionally enforced in this country. By and large, the powers that be get a free pass. Prosecutors are not under oath, and cops, when under oath, routinely make it up as they go along with impunity.

C'est la vie.

ryoder

What's stunning about the video is the officer who continues to claim the victims is resisting and trying to grab his gun. This officer in my opinion was looking for an opportunity to use deadly force and purposely using statements/declarations to paint a picture that deadly force was necessary.

Channman

This officer in my opinion was looking for an opportunity to use deadly force and purposely using statements/declarations to paint a picture that deadly force was necessary.

If you ever listen to police channels on a radio scanner, you hear that kind of thing quite a bit. They'll make statements while in pursuit like "Suspect is making 'furtive' movements." I have no idea whata furtive movement is while driving a car, but it's like the police are making their case in advance for justifcation to shoot, in case it comes to that.

And where is the culpability of the prosecution in this? Did they know about this video and fail to make timely disclosure? If the prosecution was aware of the existence of this evidence and willfully failed timely disclosure, they ought to be headed for the crowbar hotel as well!

winsor

************In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, ...

My reference was to the ninth of the 'Top Ten Commandments.'

As elaborated in the Talmud, bringing false witness makes one subject to the penalty for the offense that was falsely charged.

It is occasionally enforced in this country. By and large, the powers that be get a free pass. Prosecutors are not under oath, and cops, when under oath, routinely make it up as they go along with impunity.

C'est la vie.

I follow now. I went with, "Eye for an Eye."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

They don't care about the money, it's not theirs. The taxpayers foot the bill.

In situations like this, the cops need to go to jail for a MINIMUM of three times the sentence sought by prosecution and have any retirement benefits from their time in the police force transferred to the victim, in addition to any payout from the department/city/state/whatever.

Yep. +1. And I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic, my brother is an active duty cop, my father was an MP, his brother was US Park Police, my great grandfather was DCPD. The cops are out of control. They no longer serve the interests of public safety and only serve as oppressors. The courts are just as bad if not worse.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Boomerdog

And where is the culpability of the prosecution in this? Did they know about this video and fail to make timely disclosure? If the prosecution was aware of the existence of this evidence and willfully failed timely disclosure, they ought to be headed for the crowbar hotel as well!

It's unclear if they knew. They deny any prior knowledge of the second tape. Seems shaky @best, given the second car was filmed by the first car. Plus, those goons must've established a pattern of falsifying arrests. Enough to raise red flags, I'd guess. For the kind of money they're facing, it will be looked into. If They're found to be culpable? Throw 'Em in w/the animals & sodomites, as well.

I hate like hell bringing the feds into anything as they seem to have their nose stuck into most things these days. That stated, the history of how the video in question made its rounds and who saw what and when deserves to be investigated. There's some civil rights violations here. Obviously a lawsuit and sizable settlement is coming the victim's way. There is also criminal behavior at least on the part of the cops. DA's are charged with seeking justice and going where the truth leads based upon an entirety of the evidence. To with hold evidence that could support the defendant just to win a conviction is not only unethical, it's criminal.

Boomerdog

. DA's are charged with seeking justice and going where the truth leads based upon an entirety of the evidence. To with hold evidence that could support the defendant just to win a conviction is not only unethical, it's criminal.

while it may be unethical it is generally not criminal as DAs enjoy prosecutorial immunity with only a very few exceptions.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Southern_Man

***. DA's are charged with seeking justice and going where the truth leads based upon an entirety of the evidence. To with hold evidence that could support the defendant just to win a conviction is not only unethical, it's criminal.

while it may be unethical it is generally not criminal as DAs enjoy prosecutorial immunity with only a very few exceptions.

Apparently, crooked prosecutors may be indicted, but rarely (if ever) convicted.
See the first paragraph of the "Aftermath" section here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_Cruz_case#Aftermath
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.