rickjump1

Gay Travel to Sochi, Russia or Yemen

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/10/us-olympics-usa-travel-warning-idUSBREA091BN20140110 " It also highlighted a Russian law, much criticized by rights groups, that would make it a crime to publicly promote the equality of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people."
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/yemen/yemen-gunman-kills-man-suspected-of-being-gay-1.1275147"Yemen gunman kills man suspected of being gay...
At least 34 people have been killed in similar attacks in the past two years."
Places to stay away from..
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

grue

I wouldn't recommend anyone travel to either, right now.

Oh, don't rush to such conclusions. I can think of several people I would have travel to those places.:)

Well, maybe not REALLY . . . but kinda fun to think about.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***I wouldn't recommend anyone travel to either, right now.

Oh, don't rush to such conclusions. I can think of several people I would have travel to those places.:)

Well, maybe not REALLY . . . but kinda fun to think about.:D

Ok fair enough :D It's like that one way trip to mars: Yeah, I'd go, btu I've got a long list of people I'd send first B|
cavete terrae.

rickjump1

***I wouldn't recommend anyone travel to either, right now.

I agree, and why would women want to skydive in Dubai, UAE?

Women at skydive Dubai are treated with much more respect than they are in the states. While I can't say the same for other arab countries, the US is still pretty bad.

skinnay

******I wouldn't recommend anyone travel to either, right now.

I agree, and why would women want to skydive in Dubai, UAE?

Women at skydive Dubai are treated with much more respect than they are in the states. While I can't say the same for other arab countries, the US is still pretty bad. You need to do some research. You are way off on this one. Yeah, maybe if skydive Dubai locks them up. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/07/18/dubai-woman-raped-jailed-extramarital-sex/2554045/ Read the whole source. Dubai has a definite trend of abusing women's rights especially in the case of rape. You wonder how many cases are not reported. I lived in the UAE for 3 years and it was not safe for women to get in a taxi alone at night, and they had to be on guard in the daytime 100% of the time. The British Bank of the Middle East in Abu Dhabi, still had a separate entrance for women.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I'm not sure why anyone in Russia or Yemen would be gay. Depressing places if you ask me. But some people can be happy no matter the circumstances. Seems silly to have laws about it, though.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I'm not sure why anyone in Russia or Yemen would be gay. Depressing places if you ask me. But some people can be happy no matter the circumstances. Seems silly to have laws about it, though.

Do you think being gay is a choice?

ibx

Sexual behavior in human beings is a choice. It is not mandatory. Therefore, who or what you choose to have sex with is a personal decision. Sexual abstinence is a viable choice as well.

Folks are free to pursue whatever sexual outlet they want. That is as long as it is not with me, my family or my church community.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

ibx

For some it is a choice; for others it is not.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

DanG

That is as long as it is not with me, my family or my church community.

What would be your response if someone in your family or church community announced they were gay?

In my family, we would have an intervention. In my church, my pastor would deal with the individual first and then determine the proper course of action. The situation would be similar if someone announced they were addicted to meth or committing adultery.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Perhaps a language barrier. The original meaning of gay in English is happy, or carefree.

I know that, I just thought if he meant that and really thinks nobody in Yemen or Russia can be happy that is even more ignorant than thinking being gay is a choice...

The whole law part wouldn't make sense either...

In my family, we would have an intervention. In my church, my pastor would deal with the individual first and then determine the proper course of action. The situation would be similar if someone announced they were addicted to meth or committing adultery.

Yeah. I thought you'd enjoy driving teens to suicide...

It was just a joke. Russia is known for people who don't smile. It's a stereotype, but good fodder for a joke. Yemen has been at war forever. Relax. I know it's SC, but not everyone is trying to start an argument.

Kind of to Ron....

The concern with homosexuality is the bibilical prohibition in the OT and some problems Paul had with it, right?

What about people are married a second time? According to Paul, they are living in an adulterous relationship. What then?

Then, there's the whole issue of which parts of the OT you want to adhere to and which you throw out. Personally, I love a good ham and cheese sandwich. And you're ok with polygamy, right? Because it was fine in the OT and not mentioned in the NT. Must still be good.

I'm not trying to attack you. I just recognize that every religious canon has its issues when one tries to apply the dictates therein. At some point, what part of the Holy Bible you appply requires a...wait for it....choice.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

ibx

Perhaps a language barrier. The original meaning of gay in English is happy, or carefree.

I know that, I just thought if he meant that and really thinks nobody in Yemen or Russia can be happy that is even more ignorant than thinking being gay is a choice...

The whole law part wouldn't make sense either...

seriously, you made an honest mistake based on not understanding the original meaning of a word that's not your native language, so totally understandable, and knee jerked to a crappy assumption about a reasonable poster here. Then one of the more PC, but also reasonable, members explains it nicely and politely to you.

your reaction - scramble and try to make it look like you did it on purpose with an even more direct insult to the original commenter

classy as hell

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

BIGUN

For some it is a choice; for others it is not.

stop that - people aren't individuals with their own reasons and backgrounds and lives. they are all the same and should be put into buckets of pre-conceived notions. You must pick one side and one side only and defend it to the death. This is Speaker's Corner.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sexual behavior in human beings is a choice.

Perhaps you can tell how old you were when you made your choice? Perhaps tour decision process is an ongoing affair, I'm willing to bet, if your honest with yourself, it never was really much of a choice at all.

jclalor

Sexual behavior in human beings is a choice.

Perhaps you can tell how old you were when you made your choice? Perhaps tour decision process is an ongoing affair, I'm willing to bet, if your honest with yourself, it never was really much of a choice at all.

I love this type of thinking. It is so clever. I can tell you with all honesty, I never got laid accidently. I always chose to participate.