grue

Who was the worst president, and why?

rickjump1

******Only 1 ever got impeached!

But acquitted.

Only one had to resign in disgrace. Didn't Jimmy Carter give a presidential pardon to Bill Clinton, the draft dodger? I believe he was the first Federal Felon to be elected President of the United States.

No. No, he didn't and no he wasn't.

You have got to sort out this gullibility thing dude.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rickjump1

I would like to add Egypt, Libya, and Syria: stable countries with stable leadership until BHO interfered.

Blimey Rick, I honestly didn't realise you had such a good sense of humour!
Check this out:http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/11/russia-negotiates-its-biggest-arms-deal-with-egypt-since-cold-war-after-obama-cuts-aid.html "Russia negotiates its biggest arms deal with Egypt since Cold War after Obama cuts aid." The devil made me do it.:)

So... You're blaming Obama for 'interfering' and causing the Arab spring (would love a bit more detail on that by the way) and now you're blaming him for not getting involved and leaving the door open for the Russians to interfere?

Tell me, under what circumstances can Obama win with you? Would he need to Bring about the second coming of Jesus?

[Reply]Tell me, under what circumstances can Obama win with you?

When it stops being about whether Obama wins and becomes about whether or not it works, then will the President have won with me.

As it is, I can't see that happening. Obama had such promise.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

President Reagan, deregulation, Iran Contra, CIA bringing drugs in. He was the start to shit show we have now.

I was young when he was president but it was the first time realized there is no honor or integrity there is just what they want.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

jakee

*********Only 1 ever got impeached!

But acquitted.

Only one had to resign in disgrace. Didn't Jimmy Carter give a presidential pardon to Bill Clinton, the draft dodger? I believe he was the first Federal Felon to be elected President of the United States.

Clinton received an induction notice once but did not go. I beleive he was in England at the time.
Was going into the guard or reserves and then the lottery started. He had a high number and would not be drafted. He then told the guard/reserve to KMA.

He was never an official draft dodger.

Carter did pardon all official draft dodgers.

wayneflorida

************Only 1 ever got impeached!

But acquitted.

Clinton received an induction notice once but did not go. I beleive he was in England at the time.
Was going into the guard or reserves and then the lottery started. He had a high number and would not be drafted. He then told the guard/reserve to KMA.

Carter did pardon all official draft dodgers.Never an "official" draft dodger. Ok, but Clinton did everything he could to avoid the draft including getting political help from Arkansas Senator Fulbright and pretending to enroll in ROTC at the University of Arkansas.http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft.htm The chronological order of Clinton's determination to avoid the draft are listed here. No....it's not CBS or NBC.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

jakee

I would like to add Egypt, Libya, and Syria: stable countries with stable leadership until BHO interfered.

Blimey Rick, I honestly didn't realise you had such a good sense of humour!
Check this out:http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/11/russia-negotiates-its-biggest-arms-deal-with-egypt-since-cold-war-after-obama-cuts-aid.html "Russia negotiates its biggest arms deal with Egypt since Cold War after Obama cuts aid." The devil made me do it.:)

So... You're blaming Obama for 'interfering' and causing the Arab spring (would love a bit more detail on that by the way) and now you're blaming him for not getting involved and leaving the door open for the Russians to interfere?

Tell me, under what circumstances can Obama win with you? Would he need to Bring about the second coming of Jesus? Come on now....you don't see the hand BHO and the US State Department played in the Arab Spring which quickly turned to Arab Winter? The Egyptians were so mad at the United States for interfering in their internal affairs and attaching political strings (installing the Muslim Brotherhood) to any aid, they told us to stick our foreign and military aid up our asses. BHO himself opened the door for the Russians.

The only way the US wins is when BHO is gone. Bill Cosby could take his place today if he were to step down. Don't feel sad. I used to like Nixon.:P
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

The Egyptians were so mad at the United States for interfering in their internal affairs and attaching political strings (installing the Muslim Brotherhood) to any aid, they told us to stick our foreign and military aid up our asses.

You have a distorted view of recent events.

- Dan G

I think these polls will always get pretty much the same answers.

Relatively recent history will provide the worst presidents.

The best presidents will be from a long past, specially prior to 24 hour news, cameras and society's desire to know absolutely everything.

Come on now....you don't see the hand BHO and the US State Department played in the Arab Spring which quickly turned to Arab Winter?

Enlighten me. What did Obama do to interfere with the stable leadership of, say, Colonel Gaddafi (as stable as Saddam Hussein, BTW)?

You may disagree but to me getting involved after widespread armed insurrection has broken out is not the same as interfering in a stable government. Stable != civil war.

lawrocket

[Reply]Tell me, under what circumstances can Obama win with you?

When it stops being about whether Obama wins and becomes about whether or not it works, then will the President have won with me.

But to a lot of people that's simply not possible. If Obama does something that works it'll be working in the wrong way or for the wrong people.

It's kinda like in your post how Obama carries the can for NSA spying. It was going on before he arrived and it'll carry on after he leaves, but he's given all the blame because it was leaked on his watch?

rickjump1

***************Only 1 ever got impeached!

But acquitted.

Carter did pardon all official draft dodgers.Never an "official" draft dodger. Ok, but Clinton did everything he could to avoid the draft including getting political help from Arkansas Senator Fulbright and pretending to enroll in ROTC at the University of Arkansas.http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft.htm The chronological order of Clinton's determination to avoid the draft are listed here. No....it's not CBS or NBC.

Let's see. There is some gov't organization or another, based in Langley, that is effectively a Yale shop.

Back during the Cold War/Southeast Asian War Games, they had a policy of using very bright students as intelligence sources. It seems they would position said students as dissidents and place them in "vulnerable" locations (GRU policy, for example, forbade recruiting anyone in their home country). In return for their eyes and ears, these students got a free pass regarding the risk of traumatic amputation in the rice paddies, Central Highlands, DMZ and what have you.

WJC was an Eli, was overseas (to include time in Moscow), and was never bothered about the draft (no kma necessary). He also had an unusual number of contacts in the gov't agency in question early in his career, at a level that precludes mere social familiarity. I have known rather a few of these guys, and our dealings have NEVER included business.

In any event, there is no indication that WJC was a draft dodger in the legal sense; draft AVOIDANCE is perfectly legal.

As an aside, he was lucky that the Pentagon did not take him up on his claim to be subject to the UCMJ during the Paula Jones proceedings. His activities with Ms. Lewinsky ('come in here dear boy, have a cigar, you're gonna go far...'), while in violation of his vows and all that were no great shakes in the civilian world. In the military, however, it is SERIOUSLY BAD NEWS. Meriting at least an Article 15 offense for an E-1, it is General Court Martial time for O-7s and above, typically resulting to a reduction in rank, significant penalties, and becoming a civilian STAT. Think General Petraeus (though he was working for the aforementioned gov't organization when it all came apart).

Anyhow, underwhelmed though I am by WJC, I do not think he holds a candle to Lincoln or FDR for violation of the Constitution and Oath of Office.

Jackson gets high marks for taking down Biddle, and should be reviled for the Trail of Tears.

Grant was an evil sonofabitch.

Wilson was terminally naive.

Harding was incompetent, and his administration was a study in corruption.

Hoover got a bad rap.

Truman would have done better to keep nukes as a threat instead of fait accompli, and his treatment of the Viet Minh, who fought alongside us against the Japanese, resulted in Dien Bien Phu and our role in that morass.

Eisenhower was better than average.

Jack ('the zipper') Kennedy's legacy was greatly improved by his beatification following Oswald's actions.

LBJ was personally evil.

Nixon was a mixed bag - he well deserved to be admired and hated.

Ford provided necessary comic relief.

Like BHO, Carter was incompetent (for different reasons, but to no lesser extent).

Reagan's finest role was playing a President.

Bush the Elder was an effective administrator.

Bush the Younger was/is a complete embarrassment. If stupidity was a crime, he would draw Natural Life.

BSBD,

Winsor

shropshire

Bwhaaaaaaaa ... like the Pres' is 'actually' running the country .... right!:P

I never said that…

Honestly the president shouldn't matter as anything more than an answer to a Jeopardy! question, since in theory he should essentially just be signing laws. However, the public can't wrap their head around the fact that there are 535 idiots running the country.
cavete terrae.

However, the public can't wrap their head around the fact that there are 535 idiots running the country.

Your 535 number is misleading because that's just the ones over on Capital Hill. The reality is there are far more than that. Just officially there are nine more at the Supreme Court and the one in the White House.

However, that doesn't take into account the lobbyists and of course the companies and wealth pulling the strings of all of them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

However, the public can't wrap their head around the fact that there are 535 idiots running the country.

Your 535 number is misleading because that's just the ones over on Capital Hill. The reality is there are far more than that. Just officially there are nine more at the Supreme Court and the one in the White House.

However, that doesn't take into account the lobbyists and of course the companies and wealth pulling the strings of all of them.

Truth
cavete terrae.

quade

But they're not idiots- they're highly paid lobbyists who seem to be very successful at their jobs. You can't blame them or be angry at them for serving their function. And to be very clear, lobbying is not a dirty job, only describable as a negative. Lobbying is presenting a viewpoint and supporting its merits. Our Congressmen are not experts in every subject, or in very many at all. It would be impossible to be so. Staffers and lobbyists and voters writing/calling fill in the gaps.

quade

All President's seem to do a bit of damage, so if your criteria is which did the most, whose actions completely and unjustifiably caused the most deaths both foreign and domestic, squandered the good faith and trust of the world, drove the US closer to a police state, I think you'd be hard pressed to find an example worse than George W. Bush.

I know some are going to disagree, but I dare them to back it up with facts.

undoubtedly Lincoln caused the most deaths. 1 million soldiers and citizens, decades of disaster in the south, war crimes ....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone