kallend

Take your gun to a party

Funny, I've had pistols on my person at many parties and they have never suddenly pulled themselves out and started shooting. I've been at several house parties where I knew for a fact that other people were concealed carriers and our pistols never drew themselves and started dueling with each other. We must have really well behaved pistols.

kallend

Cypress TX population 122,803

Chicago IL population 2,783,700

Wanna compare rates per 100,000?

From January-October 2013, 1883 people were shot. Average of 188.3 people per month shot.

So about every 55 years or so, the population of Cypress, Texas gets shot in Chicago.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

normiss

To be fair in response to your parry, I find that wiki tells me that Chicago has a murder rate of 18.5.
The very few murder stats I can find on Cypress, Texas tells me 0%.

Your turn.

I believe you are safer in Afghanistan than Chicago.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

normiss

To be fair in response to your parry, I find that wiki tells me that Chicago has a murder rate of 18.5.

Your turn.

Not any longer.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

lawrocket

***Cypress TX population 122,803

From January-October 2013, 1883 people were shot. Average of 188.3 people per month shot.

So about every 55 years or so, the population of Cypress, Texas gets shot in Chicago.

Stupid comment. About every 12 years the population of Cypress TX gets shot DEAD in the USA.

Chicago isn't even in the top 10 for murder rate or violent crimes in the USA.

247wallst.com/special-report/2013/06/13/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-3/2/

www.marketwatch.com/story/the-10-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2013-06-22
www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/ #79 on this list.

www.policymic.com/articles/22686/america-s-10-deadliest-cities-2012

There has been a lot of media attention recently focusing on Chicago’s 2013 murder rate, and for good reason. In the first six days of 2013, 12 people were murdered in the city. At a rate of two murders per day, this puts Chicago on a pace for 730 murders for the 2013 year. Compare that with 2012, where there were 506 murders in the city, or 18.7 murders for every 100,000 citizens. While these numbers are certainly alarming, the number of murders for every 100,000 citizens is significantly lower in Chicago when compared to a number of American cities. In fact, Chicago doesn’t even come close to making the cut for being one of America’s 10 deadliest cities in 2012. Here’s a breakdown of the cities that made the cut this year:...

rickjump1

***To be fair in response to your parry, I find that wiki tells me that Chicago has a murder rate of 18.5.

Your turn.

Did you practice like the White Queen?

kallend

******Cypress TX population 122,803

Stupid comment. About every 12 years the population of Cypress TX gets shot DEAD in the USA.

247wallst.com/special-report/2013/06/13/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-3/2/

www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/top100dangerous/ #79 on this list.

There has been a lot of media attention recently focusing on Chicago’s 2013 murder rate, and for good reason. In the first six days of 2013, 12 people were murdered in the city. At a rate of two murders per day, this puts Chicago on a pace for 730 murders for the 2013 year. Compare that with 2012, where there were 506 murders in the city, or 18.7 murders for every 100,000 citizens. While these numbers are certainly alarming, the number of murders for every 100,000 citizens is significantly lower in Chicago when compared to a number of American cities. In fact, Chicago doesn’t even come close to making the cut for being one of America’s 10 deadliest cities in 2012. Here’s a breakdown of the cities that made the cut this year:...
---------------------------------------------------
You can say whatever you like to make yourself feel better about chicago. I've been there. Wasn't impressed. I'll take any large metropolitan city in texas over chicago any day.

kallend

It seems you've been asserting that Cypress, TX is a dangerous place to live. Where does any city in TX place on any of your lists? Let's see... your top 100 has Texarkana at 38 with chances of becoming a victim 1 in 78. That's the only TX city on any of your lists. The same page lists Chicago as 1 in 97. Seven cities in IL on that list (including number 1).

Gee... isn't that odd in a state that requires a license to own a firearm?
--
Rob

kallend

******To be fair in response to your parry, I find that wiki tells me that Chicago has a murder rate of 18.5.

Your turn.

Did you practice like the White Queen?http://rt.com/usa/chicago-afghanistan-city-us-108/and I QUOTE:The homicide rate for the city of Chicago is so far up 50 percent from one year earlier. That isn’t to say, of course, that the recent surge is the start of an all new trend. Since the War in Afghanistan began in late 2001, around 2,000 US soldiers have lost their lives while fighting for Uncle Sam; during that same span of time, homicides in Chicago have exceeded 5,000.

“If you look at past decades, you see, as in the rest of the country, a significant decrease in shootings and homicides,” McCarthy adds to The Daily. “But we have haven’t moved as far down as cities like L.A. and New York.”

US President Barack Obama and his family were in Chicago this weekend to attend the wedding of a family friend, an event which prompted the Chicago Police Department to dispatch between 100 and 200 cops to patrol the area, reports The Chicago Sun-Times’. Although it’s not unusual for law enforcement presence for be that extreme for an event featuring such high caliber guests, some officer say that the city might have better things to do with its police force.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I was somewhat bothered by that...
I didn't want to be disingenuous, but, the stats were pretty close to zero.

Bear in mind this is the far out suburbs of Houston, which does have a pretty high murder rate last I checked.
Less than half of Chicago's though.

Point being, you repeatedly come here with newsy events of shootings and try to insist we need more laws. Chicago clearly proves that wrong.

So what exactly IS the point of your mental masturbation with gun laws.

Go ahead ... we know where this goes....[:/]

Go ahead ... we know where this goes....[Unsure]

And that's why we have SC. Remember when SM1 went apeshit about all the Iraq war stuff in Bonfire and closed it down? At least there's a place for it all now, and, well, we can always ignore threads (or even posters :))

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

lawrocket

So why don't they just stay in Cypress and not bother going to Chicago ... if they need a pizza that bad .. send out for one.:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

DaVinci

Seems like a stupid use of a firearm. Can you tell me if the guns were bought legally and please tell me more about the shooters criminal records if they have one.

I would like to see their mental wellness evaluations.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

In an interview with the birthday girl she said they had bouncers patting everyone down, and that these two refused and snuck in the back. One of the assailants was 17 years old, who cannot legally own a handgun or have CHL.

The sheriff said it pretty well. Once you feel the need to have pat downs you should probably reconsider the event.

It was a party for teens and they advertised it as BYOB. They had over 100 people there, and the houses in that neighborhood are not big, so the crowding must have been significant. I seriously doubt the shooters had any chance to miss hitting someone with each shot.